PDA

View Full Version : Got a great compliment today

IsuZOOM
06/13/2003, 08:41 AM
I pulled into the parking lot at work, and a young girl was taking a smoke break by the door.

As I walked in, she said "I'm glad I was out here to see the owner of that beautiful car! I love it, and the color is great!"

Had to flash her the wedding ring tho ... ;)

Dallas4u
06/13/2003, 10:08 AM
Hey dude... chics dig the ring. You may have just gotten yourself in even more trouble! ;)

Nice complement... always nice coming from the ladies (since, in general, I think women don't put emphasis on the same things as men do when looking for autos).

WormGod
06/13/2003, 11:33 AM
I wouldnt say ALL chicks dig it.

I was sitting outside Starbucks sipping on my mocha one day this week and a fine little lady sitting next to me was staring at my VX, which had rockstar parking right by the lounge chairs outside Starbucks. It was really peaceful and quiet until she just, out of the blue, blurts out, "That has got to be the ugliest THING I have ever seen." Now, not knowing "I" was the owner, she probably didnt think twice about it. I replied, "Yeah, the nerve of the owner to park that THING right here. How am I supposed to enjoy this coffee?!?" She went on and on about how ugly it was, and my 2 friends were just trying to hide their smiles and keep from cracking up. Well, I had 1/2 of a Subway sub in a bag still, so I got up, hit the VX alarm, opened the passanger side door, sat the bag on the seat, closed the door, set the alarm, and walked back over and sat down in my chair again. She was VERY quiet for about 5 minutes and then says, "I dont care if its yours, and no offense, but its still ugly." All I could do was laugh. She felt REALLY dumb and soon got up and walked away. Too bad too.... I really wouldnt have minded having her digits. Of course, I am sure SHE would want to drive on the first date. :D

AlaskaVX
06/13/2003, 11:59 AM
Great storys,
Wormgod, thats great, I wish I could hold a straight face through that. Where is that girl that will believe I drive a NASA vehicross? hehehe

Dallas4u
06/13/2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by WormGod

Naw man, I said they dig the ring, not the rig.

paultvx
06/13/2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by WormGod

I was sitting outside Starbucks sipping on my mocha one day this week and a fine little lady sitting next to me was staring at my VX, which had rockstar parking right by the lounge chairs outside Starbucks. It was really peaceful and quiet until she just, out of the blue, blurts out, "That has got to be the ugliest THING I have ever seen." Now, not knowing "I" was the owner, she probably didnt think twice about it. I replied, "Yeah, the nerve of the owner to park that THING right here. How am I supposed to enjoy this coffee?!?" She went on and on about how ugly it was, and my 2 friends were just trying to hide their smiles and keep from cracking up. Well, I had 1/2 of a Subway sub in a bag still, so I got up, hit the VX alarm, opened the passanger side door, sat the bag on the seat, closed the door, set the alarm, and walked back over and sat down in my chair again. She was VERY quiet for about 5 minutes and then says, "I dont care if its yours, and no offense, but its still ugly." All I could do was laugh. She felt REALLY dumb and soon got up and walked away. Too bad too.... I really wouldnt have minded having her digits. Of course, I am sure SHE would want to drive on the first date. :D

She sounded like a bitch with an attitude. Can you say "difficult"?

VCAMILO
06/13/2003, 01:06 PM
That was a great story. I like watching people walk by my Ebony and talk about it. No other car less than $100k gets that much attention...;Dp;

Dallas4u
06/13/2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by VCAMILO
That was a great story. I like watching people walk by my Ebony and talk about it. No other car less than $100k gets that much attention...;Dp;

This one may:

http://neptune.spacebears.com/images/gallery/ugly1.jpg

Vasha13
06/13/2003, 01:44 PM
;eeky; Please don't post stuff like that Dallas4u - now I'm frightened and will probably have nightmares about Mickey Mouse coming to get my VX. :waab:

Just kidding - :laugho: :laughp:

Lisa K
06/13/2003, 02:10 PM
Smart chicks just buy their own to drive and let the guys do the begging. ;Dp;

Vasha13
06/13/2003, 02:20 PM
;Db; :laughp: I love it Lisa! I was just thinking the exact same thing!

paultvx
06/13/2003, 02:59 PM
:rolleyes:

hitnrun74
06/13/2003, 04:33 PM
It's amazing how distinct the reaction to the VX is. Even little kids know it's something different. Although every H2 I've PASSED since they came out, really has some attitude about it. Don't park next to one ever(not that you could because they take up 2 spots.) I think people that make nasty comments are just jealous anyways :).

Heraclid
06/18/2003, 04:26 PM
Haven't had to flash the ring yet with the VX. Other times, yeah. Amazingly there are certain people who like the ring thing for some reason and it can be trouble. Stay really far away from those types.

That's true about kids. They know it's different. I've noticed them do a double-take probably more than anyone else. Then the guys. Women don't care so much in general it seems. And lots of people just don't pay much attention to cars or at least SUV's and seem to be pretty blind to it. Lots of people are definitely looking too, though. Probably more than I know because I don't look for people looking at my VX.