PDA

View Full Version : Blm to open 11 million acres

Scott Harness
01/23/2008, 12:12 PM
Bush and BLM to open 11million acres in Utah on Feb 8 Some in NE Utah around Vernal, 9 Mile Canyon in the San Rafael Swell and some around Moab. Oil and gas exploration and some ORV use. Mixed feelings,some new trails would be nice, but I don't want the place trashed either. Send your complaints to Democrats.com

circmand
01/23/2008, 12:34 PM
All those trails will be useless if you do not have any gas to run your VX. So I guess email republicans.com and suggest Alska as well.

Scott Harness
01/23/2008, 12:44 PM
This shall not become a US versus Them thread. I'm not a Democrat. Just relaying info.:bgwb::bwgr: Blue--Red Who cares?

Todd Adams
01/23/2008, 01:34 PM
Bush and BLM to open 11million acres in Utah on Feb 8 Some in NE Utah around Vernal, 9 Mile Canyon in the San Rafael Swell and some around Moab. Oil and gas exploration and some ORV use. Mixed feelings,some new trails would be nice, but I don't want the place trashed either. Send your complaints to Democrats.com

Scott,
I have no idea where you get your info but it is just not the case. In fact we are going through RMP's (Resource Management Plans) here for all the districts and in every case will limit or close off many routes all over the state. The areas that they want to open to drilling is being opposed and may not happen but it was land that was already open just not publicized.
Moab’s RMP was completed last month, Richfield today, Vernal next month Monticello next month as well. The Utah 4Wheel Drive Association has been working overtime trying to comment on all the RMP’s. They have been having letter writing clinics in Salt Lake City almost once a week for individuals to make concerned comments.
The bottom line is this, when all is said and done we will lose thousands of miles of trails on BLM land in Utah when the new RMP’s take effect. However, I doubt we will lose any major recreation trails. None of the trails in Moab that we love are in jeopardy.
If anyone is really interested they can log on to Utah BLM.gov and then to the individual Districts where the Recourse Management Plans can be viewed. One word of warning, there are thousands of pages and hundreds of maps to go over.
Todd

Scott Harness
01/23/2008, 05:24 PM
Hey, Todd thats great news. I'll forward you the e-mail I got from a friend. I think you have met Susan. She meets us in Moab nearly every year.