PDA

View Full Version : Idle control valve

Offroad vx
01/22/2008, 04:05 PM
Does anyone know where the idle control valve is? I'm having problems with my rpm's over revving and I was told to try cleaning the valve but I don't know where it is. Thanks

mdwyer
01/22/2008, 06:06 PM
It is a little can-shaped thing pretty much front-and-center of the engine bay. It sticks out of the left side of the throttle body. Go find the tech manuals (available on this site!) for pics. Keep in mind that it is also called the IAC or Idle Air Control valve.

Hotsauce
01/22/2008, 06:21 PM
Get a new gasket before you remove it. On mine it was just a cracked gasket causing the problem.

John C.

circmand
03/21/2009, 02:35 PM
I was going to chenge mine the part seems to be held on by two bolts. The heads seem to be allan wrench fittings is this correct? Does anyone know what size?

mdwyer
03/21/2009, 04:09 PM
I was going to chenge mine the part seems to be held on by two bolts. The heads seem to be allan wrench fittings is this correct? Does anyone know what size?

That sounds correct. I don't recall which size, but it isn't anything out of the ordinary.

etlsport
03/22/2009, 06:16 PM
they are Torx screws... size is T20

circmand
03/23/2009, 08:11 AM
I couldnt find my allen wrenches (accumulated one at a time by buying u assemble furniture) This weekend I thought that they holes did not look like allen wrenches when I got a better vantage.