PDA

View Full Version : Problem starting

circmand
01/22/2008, 09:54 AM
So far not a big problem but occasionally when I go to start my VX it will stall out. It has no problem starting the next time and seems to run well I was wondering if anyone else has senn this/

tom4bren
01/22/2008, 10:55 AM
I'd have to guess that a homotron (queer electron) got in your ECU:)

Actually I haven't a clue. Hope someone else can help.

bigkoala1
01/22/2008, 11:08 AM
I'd have to guess that a homotron (queer electron) got in your ECU:)

Actually I haven't a clue. Hope someone else can help.

Tom i think you are a homotron for actually putting homotron into a sentence.

_Ak_

tom4bren
01/22/2008, 11:19 AM
"Tom i think you are a homotron for actually putting homotron into a sentence."

Probably right. Since I'm not homophobic I was hoping everyone would just write it off to my questionable sense of humor:o

bigkoala1
01/22/2008, 11:29 AM
"Tom i think you are a homotron for actually putting homotron into a sentence."

Probably right. Since I'm not homophobic I was hoping everyone would just write it off to my questionable sense of humor:o

i allmost did but then i just couldnt resist the opportunity to say "homotron" twice!

ok back to the problem sorry circmand.

_AK_

tom4bren
01/22/2008, 12:14 PM
Sorry circmand. Didn't mean to send things so far off. As a pittance, I started searching threads but came up empty. I seem to remember someone who had a similar problem but couldn't find it.

Since the VX has a plethora of sensors, I'd have to guess one of them is getting an intermittent wrong reading. Can you have someone read it for error codes? It may be throwing a code that doesn't trigger any idiot lights.

circmand
01/22/2008, 12:26 PM
Can this type of read be done at an auto parts place? I would hate to go to my local Campion Isuzu who ripped me off before and who Ireported to Isuzu America and the local BBB.

tom4bren
01/22/2008, 12:38 PM
Most garages can read for error codes (even the mom & pop shops).

You can also purchase a reader from parts stores but I can't give you direction on that since I haven't purchased one myself.

bigkoala1
01/22/2008, 12:46 PM
sounds like it could also be a fuel problem. maybe an injector is clogged or bad fuel. it doesnt hurt to run some fuel injector cleaner through once in a while. but i would try to pull the codes. fo sho.

Knigh7s
01/22/2008, 01:18 PM
Fuel Filter maybe? Cheap and quick change.

tom4bren
01/22/2008, 02:29 PM
I kind of discounted fuel delivery probs since he said it runs fine after the stall. I could be wrong tho - thought I was once but was mistaken.

BUT ... never hurts to run some fuel injector cleaner anyway.