PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Hummer Hx concept

Andrey
01/19/2008, 08:59 AM
http://www.hummer.com/hummerjsp/home.jsp?seo=goo_hummer_brand

Any thoughts on new GM consept? I am sure by the time it will be available (if it will be available) they will change whole bunch of things to cut corners. I loved my VX because it was unique and as close as you can get to the concept.
Possible thoughts:Like it, dislike it, will consider as substitude/addition for my aging VX. I personally like it but have mixed feelings about the steep angle of the windshield.

Triathlete
01/19/2008, 10:18 AM
I like it however, the target that they are shooting for (jeepers) will not like the front and rear independent suspension. They should have thrown some big beefy 1 ton (or bigger) staight axles under it! It will ultimately become just another over priced grocery getter that see's only a small percentage getting any off road use.

Cobrajet
01/19/2008, 11:04 AM
Your Poll question is misleading? Like it? Dislike it? Neutral? OK, I like it, but...

"substitute for my aging VX" -- NEVER!!

kobie
01/19/2008, 11:06 AM
I like it but:
1) I wouldn't substitute it for the VX
2) It wouldn't make sense for me to have a 2nd 2 door vehicle
3) It's a Hummer :eek:
4) It looks so big for what it is

Cool design, but I'd rather admire it from afar and not in my garage.

JHarris1385
01/19/2008, 11:09 AM
I would pre order one right now if they woulp swap at least one solid axel in there and promise it would stay looking exactly like that.

...The rear visibility is almost identical to ours in that version of the concept.

CoastieCosta567
01/19/2008, 12:20 PM
i love it, but needs better axals, and bigger real hummer tires, not that crossover look that the rear seems to have. and yes i also agree if they keep it the same way, then i'll buy 1 and have 2 2 door off road monsters, a Hx and the best of all offroad monsters, our lovely VX, Hmmmmmmm i think that would have a beatuiful look in my garage, when ever i have a 2 car garage, lol :bgwo:.

Knigh7s
01/19/2008, 01:19 PM
I like the Flexfuel E85 V6. I have to say, I really hate the hummers, except for the H1 military grade. But this HxConcept is looking mighty cool. I guess it comes down to, How much will they keep in the production version?!

VXIRONwoMAN
01/19/2008, 01:49 PM
I likey!!! I could have a Vx and Hx garage... Hmmmmm :rolleyes: Just call my garage the X factor... tee hee! :p Could it be the similarity in names that intrigues me??? It would have to stay just as shown in the concept though... the VX is nearly identical to the concept. Let's hope the Hx stays the same way. It's gonna be waaaaay to pricey for me though...

Griffin
01/19/2008, 02:42 PM
The more I look at it the more I like it, I would think with the style they are going after the jeep wrangler so the price may be around the same. Hopefully. Only thing that would have to be changed is the seats I mean come on I know its an offroad vehicle but damn. They are like two piece lawn chairs with bolstering, plus our recaros are so comfy.(I'm spoiled) Lol

don moore
01/19/2008, 05:21 PM
funny the shock system looks kind like the VX shock system...hmmmmm;)

Triathlete
01/19/2008, 05:59 PM
funny the shock system looks kind like the VX shock system...hmmmmm;)

My VX does NOT have coil overs with external chambers!

External chamber shocks are not a VX thing...although there are very few vehicles that come from the factory with them.

don moore
01/19/2008, 06:03 PM
I ment the External chamber shocks..that came on the vx .
sorry ..I was going by the hummer pics ..on the rear of the hummer concept.;)

nfpgasmask
01/19/2008, 08:04 PM
Its a vast improvement over the previous versions of the civi Hummer.

Bart

Chopper
01/20/2008, 03:07 AM
Vast improvement? YES! Will they make it? No f'ing way! Hummers of every variety are practicaly glued to the showroom floor, and have been for some time. Hummer is not part of the General's "new way forward"....the H3 hit the market with a resounding thud, pretty much sealing the fate of the brand. You'll see a new Aztec before you see this in production. Shame too....looks like a Dakar Pajero on 'Roids. Drop in the new, lightweight LS3, add in the I/S and you get Baja beast (rather than rock crawler) Too bad:( it's a very attractive, if essentially useless, design)

johnnyapollo
01/20/2008, 07:14 AM
I agree with Wayne - another excercise in wha coulda but didna (sounds like a Lion King song!).

-0- John

Ldub
01/20/2008, 07:59 AM
it's a very attractive, if essentially useless, design)

Now where have I heard that before...

Oh yeah, that describes the VX.:razzgray:

Triathlete
01/20/2008, 10:21 AM
I have heard that this vehicle is close to production (how close to the concept we will have to wait and see) as posssibly an 09 model...Hummer really wants to take some of Jeeps thunder. They built this to compete with the Rubicon...which is another reason they should scrap the indipendent F&R suspension.

ZEUS
01/20/2008, 11:28 AM
AMEN! IFS and IRS, that's the wrong approach for the target audience, we all know... you... need... to know... your audience. Hummers are big toys, Jeeps are big toys, both were born with a military heart and an off road personality. If Hummer must stay indy-susp. at least make it work! Sidenote: Did you know American Motors sold Jeep so they could become American General? American Motors stopped making Jeeps so they could make Hummers because Jeeps were too small for the new technology and weaponry in the military. That is why both brands share the 7 slot grill design, which is why Jeep later tried to sue Hummer. Irony. If we are going to have this strange blending of designs... and Jeeps with IFS... it would be nice if both brands were sold to one American corporation since neither Chrysler nor GM can seem to get things right. Take the future HX, H2, H3, Commander, Grand Cherokee, Liberty, etc. models and offer a 'Rubicon' package for each - strong solid axles, 4:1 t-cases, and lockers, for those who will use them. Keep the IFS setup as standard equipment for the street types who would rather have a cushy ride than to go offroad. You can get a muscle car, a Mustang, with a V6 engine... at least Ford redeems itself by offering the V8 to those who know what a muscle car is for! Off highway inspired vehicles deserve that same redemption!
-rant over- :)

DarkWing
01/20/2008, 05:39 PM
I will agree with whoever said the question is misleading.

Yes, I like it. I'd buy it if I could, and I'd outfit it like my VX.

No, it will not replace my VX.

If the VX met an untimely death, was at the center of a catacylsmic meteor strike, accidently rolled out of a parking space into the center of a ground level nuclear test, was abducted by a jealous alien race, then as it's replacement, rather than stealing one of y'alls VX, if I couldn't find one in need of a good home, then yeah, I'd replace it with this.

Gunmetal gray, Arrest-Me-Red, or black. Gray interior. While I'm dreaming, $1,000,000 to deck it out (by some VX's in need of a home), pay off my debt, and get some things done around the house.

D.W.
'99 Astral Silver

don moore
02/14/2008, 12:03 PM
ill get some pics of this thing up close ......plus some other concepts

plasticboob
03/17/2008, 01:01 AM
Sidenote: Did you know American Motors sold Jeep so they could become American General? American Motors stopped making Jeeps so they could make Hummers because Jeeps were too small for the new technology and weaponry in the military.

That's not exactly true - American Motors never sold Jeep; they were absorbed by Chrysler in 1987 and became Jeep/Eagle. Kaiser Jeep had a division called General Products which made military vehicles, and a Commerical Products division, which made everything else. When AMC took over in the early '70s, the General Products division was turned into a wholly-owned subsidiary called AM General in 1971. Sometime in the early '80s, American Motors sold AM General to LTV corp. The cool part is that the Humvee design started while AM General still had ties to AMC - the H1 is Jeep family, designed by Jeep people! :)

**EDIT** By the way, I agree with everything else you said, spot on!!! I do think IFS has its place in high-speed off-roading, in events like the Dakar. I'd love to see a turbo-diesel 4x4 IRS Liberty compete, but I don't see that happening any time soon what with Jeep's current sad state. Until then, I'm a fan of the BMW X3 X-Raids. :)

ZEUS
03/18/2008, 10:50 AM
That's not exactly true - American Motors never sold Jeep; they were absorbed by Chrysler in 1987 and became Jeep/Eagle. Kaiser Jeep had a division called General Products which made military vehicles, and a Commerical Products division, which made everything else. When AMC took over in the early '70s, the General Products division was turned into a wholly-owned subsidiary called AM General in 1971. Sometime in the early '80s, American Motors sold AM General to LTV corp. The cool part is that the Humvee design started while AM General still had ties to AMC - the H1 is Jeep family, designed by Jeep people! :)

**EDIT** By the way, I agree with everything else you said, spot on!!! I do think IFS has its place in high-speed off-roading, in events like the Dakar. I'd love to see a turbo-diesel 4x4 IRS Liberty compete, but I don't see that happening any time soon what with Jeep's current sad state. Until then, I'm a fan of the BMW X3 X-Raids. :)Nice answer. I get way too long winded with that much detail so it's so much easier to say very simple ramblings, ya know! The H1 is so Jeep family it uses Jeep parts - the Corp 20 diffs are used in the H1 and CJ's. Also, while I was in Moab this week I saw the Jeep engineers going out for a trail ride together... one of the rigs was a Rubicon edition Liberty - not sure what all is in it but it was still IFS... I think. Love the screen name BTW!

Chopper
03/18/2008, 06:07 PM

**EDIT** By the way, I agree with everything else you said, spot on!!! I do think IFS has its place in high-speed off-roading, in events like the Dakar. I'd love to see a turbo-diesel 4x4 IRS Liberty compete, but I don't see that happening any time soon what with Jeep's current sad state. Until then, I'm a fan of the BMW X3 X-Raids. :)I agree about the Jeep, and the X3, but watch Mitsi...here they come. They have it dialed in. P.S. I'll buy this baby Hummer, if they make it

cyronman
03/18/2008, 06:32 PM
Hey, how does "plasticboob" get away with a screen-name like that on a G-rated forum?
:bwgr: :p

(welcome, i actually like it)

Bulldoggie
03/18/2008, 10:13 PM
I like the convert-able design. It does look a little fat, but overall tough.
It will never be made with this rear fender design.
Anyone following "This" in the rain, would be like, being in the rooster-tail of a jet boat.

I wish we had a 6 speed tranny and remove-able roof panels

mrtew
03/19/2008, 03:49 AM
I love it and would trade my VX in for it in a second!!!

plasticboob
03/19/2008, 03:30 PM
I agree about the Jeep, and the X3, but watch Mitsi...here they come. They have it dialed in.

You're right, Mitsi is THE force to be reckoned with! I like the Pajeros too, I just think the X3 X-raid looks the best. :_drool:

Hey, how does "plasticboob" get away with a screen-name like that on a G-rated forum? (welcome, i actually like it)

Thanks for the welcome! OOPS! I really didn't pay any attention to the name; that's my 'standard' screen name that I've had since middle school, and I'm so used to it that I forgot that it might not be appropriate for some. People are probably wondering how it came about. Well, it all started with this:
http://home.off-road.com/~plasticboob/faces/plasticboob.jpg

But now days I just tell people that I'm a total boob when it comes to mechanical things; people seem to buy it for some reason..... :_thinking

plasticboob
03/19/2008, 03:32 PM
Now to get back on topic, I like the little Hummer. I can't see how it is going to compete with the Wrangler, but I think it will have its own little niche.

http://static.autoblog.nl/images/wp2007/Hummer%20HX%20concept%2004.jpg

Chopper
03/19/2008, 03:40 PM
I like the convert-able design. It does look a little fat, but overall tough.
It will never be made with this rear fender design.
Anyone following "This" in the rain, would be like, being in the rooster-tail of a jet boat.

I wish we had a 6 speed tranny and remove-able roof panels Since I put on the Nitto 404's, anyone behind me in the rain, is getting a first class, "follow the jet boat" experience. I enjoy driving in the rain, that much more these days.

Chopper
03/19/2008, 03:48 PM
I love it and would trade my VX in for it in a second!!!a bit extreme, don't you think?

etlsport
03/19/2008, 03:59 PM
Since I put on the Nitto 404's, anyone behind me in the rain, is getting a first class, "follow the jet boat" experience. I enjoy driving in the rain, that much more these days.

lol chopper i thought your vx stayed home in the rain

Chopper
03/19/2008, 04:30 PM
Now to get back on topic, I like the little Hummer. I can't see how it is going to compete with the Wrangler, but I think it will have its own little niche.

http://static.autoblog.nl/images/wp2007/Hummer%20HX%20concept%2004.jpg Bet a lot get raced. GM seems to be doing things right lately.....they'll leave this soft....like a FJ....better for long susp.travel....let the owner set it up the way they need. Just in time for the North American DAKAR. If they really float this car, expect a big race support...Baja, all the Oz events, anywhere. I'm in.....if. BIG if.

Thmstec
03/28/2008, 04:39 PM
I like it, but the more I look at it the more I think this has the same design problem our VX's have. Looking at that spare tire placement, this one will have zero use for the rear-view mirror too!

Chopper
03/28/2008, 04:48 PM
I like it, but the more I look at it the more I think this has the same design problem our VX's have. Looking at that spare tire placement, this one will have zero use for the rear-view mirror too!
Look at it as a race vehicle....there won't be any rear glass. I love this thing, but I doubt it will be made. Can always hope, but there ain't much. This thing just might hand Mitsi their A**

mrtew
03/28/2008, 07:05 PM
a bit extreme, don't you think?

No way, I loved the H1 but it was WAY too expensive, as well as slow and guzzling of course, and I loved the H2 but it was even bigger and thirstier or course, and I loved the H3 and it is even an Isuzu underneath so it drives great, but it's too normal and too many doors. The H4 is the first true VX replacement I've seen and it's got an open top to boot! What could be better! I love HUMMERS.

Francesco Rizzo
04/20/2008, 01:45 PM
I'm liking this truck:

http://www.autobloggreen.com/media/2007/12/x07cc_hm009.jpg

and it's has AutoblogGreen's (http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/01/09/detroit-2008-hummer-hx-concept/) approval for the engine: 3.6L v6 with direct injection 304hp on e85.. I can also see why someone would think the shocks are similar to the vx's

JHarris1385
04/21/2008, 06:39 AM
I am really liking this thing.

don moore
04/21/2008, 07:46 AM
I hope it comes with a trailer ..to put all the stuff that comes off..and its bigger than our VXs. in size..

ZEUS
02/25/2010, 08:06 AM
That Chinese company yesterday had to back out of the deal with GM to buy Hummer... No HX. :(

Riff Raff
02/25/2010, 08:11 AM
That Chinese company yesterday had to back out of the deal with GM to buy Hummer... No HX. :(

WTF??? Please provide us a "link" where you learned of this terrible news!!! I've been keeping a space empty in my garage just for the H4/HX.:mado:

ZEUS
02/25/2010, 08:15 AM
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1313/hummer-at-dead-end-after-sale-to-chinese-collapses/

vt_maverick
02/25/2010, 11:54 AM
Very sad news indeed. :(

Triathlete
02/25/2010, 04:01 PM
DOA

nfpgasmask
02/25/2010, 04:08 PM
I had two guys in a yellow H2 stop me in a parking lot and asked me if my Trooper was a Jeep. :rolleyes:

Bart

ZEUS
02/25/2010, 04:51 PM
I had two guys in a yellow H2 stop me in a parking lot and asked me if my Trooper was a Jeep. :rolleyes:

BartLOL I bet you went off on them!

nfpgasmask
02/25/2010, 08:41 PM
LOL I bet you went off on them!

Actually, it has happened TWICE. About a month ago, oddly enough in the same parking lot, some other guy asked me if it was an old Cherokee. I mean, yeah, I guess in a very general way they resemble eachother, but c'mon! Have you been under a rock your whole life? 50% of the SUVs on the Reno roads are Cherokees!

I didn't have the heart to be mean to the guys in the yellow H2. I mean, after all, they are stuck with the ugliest SUV ever, imo. The H2 is a bloated, beached whale! ;puke2;

I did correct them though...something along the lines of, "hell no, it's an old Isuzu Trooper!"

:) Bart

mrtew
02/26/2010, 03:28 AM
Actually, it has happened TWICE. About a month ago, oddly enough in the same parking lot, some other guy asked me if it was an old Cherokee. I mean, yeah, I guess in a very general way they resemble eachother, but c'mon! Have you been under a rock your whole life? 50% of the SUVs on the Reno roads are Cherokees!

I didn't have the heart to be mean to the guys in the yellow H2. I mean, after all, they are stuck with the ugliest SUV ever, imo. The H2 is a bloated, beached whale! ;puke2;

:) Bart

Wow I think both the Cherokee and the H2 are fantastic looking!!! :yeso:

crotchrocket
02/26/2010, 04:34 AM
Erm hate to break it to you guys but its never gonna get made now !!!! Hummer is going down :(

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/25022010/36/hummer-brand-die-0.html

Riff Raff
02/26/2010, 07:29 AM
Damn recession killed it. I loved the H4/HX. Guess now I'll have to dream about the "Retro-Concept 2-Door FORD BRONCO". Come'on Ford, build it!!!

nfpgasmask
02/26/2010, 08:57 AM
Wow I think both the Cherokee and the H2 are fantastic looking!!! :yeso:

The older Cherokees when done up right are decent looking. If I was forced at gun point to buy a Jeep, that is what I would get into.

The H2 however, is EASILY the ugliest thing I have ever seen. It's sooo tubby and inflated and awkward looking. I used to really like the original military Hummers but the H2 COMPLETELY ruined my taste for anything Hummer. The H3 was at least a step in the right direction. Two of the ugliest H2s I have ever seen are here in Reno. Check em out. You'll probably like em...I feel queasy looking at them however...:D

http://notajeep.blogspot.com/2009/10/yes-another-hideous-h2.html

http://notajeep.blogspot.com/2009/09/is-it-possible-to-make-h2-uglier.html

Bart

nfpgasmask
02/26/2010, 09:07 AM
Erm hate to break it to you guys but its never gonna get made now !!!! Hummer is going down :(

As well it should. I kinda think Hummer needs to die. Sorry, I loathe the H2 so much that it will make me happy to see the Hummer go the way of the VX. The simple fact that a vehicle as stylish and awesome as the VX is essentially no more, and the awesome, utilitarian Isuzu Troopers are no longer being made makes me angry enough. Why should this bloated, wasteful machine stay in production is I can't have a simple Isuzu Trooper? :laughing: Not to mention, we shamefully turned this:

http://www.aerofabcompany.com/images/325_hummer1.jpg

Into this:
http://www.cmt.com/sitewide/assets/img/shows/hillbilly_deluxe/101/hillbilly_deluxe_03-x600.jpg

Makes me feel sad for anyone who actually likes the H2 (no offense H2 fans).

I just don't understand 22" spinners, full vinyl wraps, insane bass mobile systems on a vehicle that was originally meant to penetrate and destroy enemy targets.

Sorry, I hate bling and anything to do with bling culture and the H2 is the epitome.

Sorry for that rant, it's friday and I get all emotional about trucks. :)

Bart

pbkid
02/26/2010, 11:36 AM
i completely agree bart... i dont understand how anyone thinks that their H2 is anything other than an expensive yukon. grocery getting, soccer mom and real estate dealer vehicle.

have you seen the family guy where they make fun of H2 owners bart? its hillarious.
"i love watching madagascar in my H2 while driving down the highway!!!!"

VXD959
02/26/2010, 02:28 PM
Regardless, I still like my H2 (and this is coming from a 3-time VX owner):whiteflag:. The HX was a great concept.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/0016.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16530)

nfpgasmask
02/26/2010, 02:31 PM
Oh man, don't take offense, just opinions here. Your VX ownership clears you of all H2 shame!! :laughing: JK, man!!

EDIT: Plus, yours is black and it has nice looking rims so it doesn't hurt my eyes so much. :)

:_beer:

Bart

PittVXr
02/26/2010, 02:42 PM
Did you guys seriously want a Chinese made hummer??? It looks good on paper, but I think it would have been a piece of junk.

VXD959
02/26/2010, 02:43 PM
Thank you Bart! Your stealth VX was my inspiration! No offense taken at all! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

crotchrocket
02/26/2010, 02:47 PM
Did you guys seriously want a Chinese made hummer??? It looks good on paper, but I think it would have been a piece of junk.

lol, yes everything non US made will be rubbish...

Anyway, its not happening as the Hummer is no more

nfpgasmask
02/26/2010, 02:47 PM
Seriously, I think you can take just about any car, paint it black, put on some cool black rims and tint the windows and you will make it look MUCH better, regardless of what it is.

I'm not a Mercedes fan AT ALL. I know they are "good" cars and all but i have no taste for ANY of the Mercedes body styles (except for the Unimog), but I saw this car in San Fran a couple weeks ago and it was SICK.

http://www.nofuture.com/lj/2010/02-05-10/01.jpg
http://www.nofuture.com/lj/2010/02-05-10/02.jpg
http://www.nofuture.com/lj/2010/02-05-10/03.jpg

I have no idea how the owner of this car can possibly afford the citations.

Bart

PK
02/26/2010, 03:35 PM
lol, yes everything non US made will be rubbish...

Anyway, its not happening as the Hummer is no more

Sorry Crotch, I hafta agree with PittVX on this one.

We have a brand of Chinese vehicles for sale here in Australia.

They have dropped the prices of them down to about 60% of same size Japanese vehicles, and they still can't sell them.

Absolute rubbish.
People look at them on the show room floor, and just walk away.
And that is before they ride in them, or put miles on them to check for reliability.

No reason to expect a Chinese Hummer would be any better.

We all had better stock up on our VX parts, 'cause there is nothing coming along to replace it any time soon.

PK

mrtew
02/26/2010, 03:41 PM
Well no car looks good all blinged out; not even a VX but Hummer H2 can be amazing if done right! Here's a photo tribute to the 2nd coolest 4WD ever made...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7d/Hummer_H2_Transformer.jpg/800px-Hummer_H2_Transformer.jpg

http://www.newcarwallpaper.com/cars/hummer/Hummer_H2_3366_1024x768.jpg

http://www.newcarwallpaper.com/cars/hummer/Hummer_H2_3365_1024x768.jpg

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/13929-2005-Hummer-H2.jpg

http://www.netcarshow.com/hummer/2003-h2_suv/1600x1200/wallpaper_03.htm

http://wallpapers-diq.net/wallpapers/17/Hummer_H2_Sut%2C_2007.jpg

http://image.truckinweb.com/f/31041426/1001tr_07+2007_hummer_h2_sut+left_side_angle.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z154/lupeiscrazy89/100_0596.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3266/4641/33164820012_large.jpg

http://www.elepent.com/photo/albums/autos/hummer/X03HM_H204.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/0/7/A/1/HummerHX.jpg

Sorry H4 you were too cool for this world.

FlyingV77
09/28/2010, 07:25 PM
reviving an old thread. I just found out that the H4 is back for 2012. i hope it stays true to the concept.

Riff Raff
09/28/2010, 07:36 PM
reviving an old thread. I just found out that the H4 is back for 2012. i hope it stays true to the concept.

Huh??? What do you mean the H4/HX is back for 2012??? Where are you getting your facts & information from??? Please provide us an internet "link" to your source of information pronto!!!:confused:

ZEUS
09/28/2010, 09:51 PM
I can assure you the 2012 H4/HX will never ever be mass produced.
First, you need the Hummer brand.
Second, you need the Hummer brand to produce vehicles.
Third, you need the Hummer brand to sell vehicles in 2012.

Old News (http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/24/g-m-to-close-hummer-after-sale-collapses/)

Your only hope is to offer several pennies for one from the Transformers 2 movie. And at that point you are prob'ly going to have to drum up a VIN code. And if that goes well you are going to have to modify the bumpers to meet DOT specs... which is also why civilians can't buy a HMMWV.

You might have a better chance of getting the 2011 Hummer Wee (http://www.avantnews.com/news/189707-gm-reveals-the-2011-hummer-wee)

mrtew
09/29/2010, 03:52 AM
Be glad the H4 is not being made. The Vehicross is famous for making it to production without being ruined for a reason. Most cars don't look nearly as good at the showcar version and the H4 was no HX or even VX. I saw it in the studio and between giving it a roomy interiour, normal sized tires and a low price it had definitely lost the magic. Stick with the VehiCross!

ZEUS
09/29/2010, 06:57 AM
What does what I drive have to do with anything? :confused:

ZEUS
09/29/2010, 11:06 AM
Nor am I going to.

ZEUS
09/29/2010, 04:54 PM
HAHA! R U related to T4B perhaps? ;)

Riff Raff
09/29/2010, 05:55 PM

Ok; since "FlyingV77" refused to elaborate on where he obtained info on a 2010 Hummer H4/HX, I decided to google the internet in search of said info.

Apparently, there is a "rumor" that has just surfaced out of the Chinese/Hummer campground that the H4/HX CUV (Compact Utility Vehicle) may go into production in the 2012 timeframe. At this point in the game, it is still a "rumor" and merely people talking without substance. However, it does warrant us to monitor the ongoings & outcomings of this "rumor" to see how it eventually unfolds/materializes. I for one am extremely skeptical; and will only believe it, when I actually see it. History has shown that way too many concept's have never made it to full-blown production. Although a few have (i.e. the Isuzu VX and the Pontiac Solstice-- both were concepts that made it to actual production). In the meantime; I'll keep my fingers crossed for the H4/HX, but I have my doubts.

I would love to add a 2012 Hummer H4/HX to my stables which currently include prestine examples of a 1978 FJ-40 and 2001 VX. Make the 2012 Hummer H4/HX available in Velocity Yellow (from Corvette paint palet) or Synergy Green (from Camaro paint palet) and we'll have a winner!!!

:bgwb:

FlyingV77
09/29/2010, 06:15 PM
didnt refuse, just havent loged back in sence that post.
If i can find the artical again ill post a link. If i rember corectly it was about a week old.

ZEUS
09/29/2010, 08:55 PM
From the Hummer website: http://www.hummer.com/hummerjsp/home.jsp

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/ScreenHunter_02_Sep_29_22_02.gif

JHarris1385
09/29/2010, 10:38 PM
Wouldn't that be dated and not updated until something is settled.

ZEUS
09/30/2010, 05:58 AM
Oh boy... Which would come first:

1. An offical announcement on the Hummer website saying, "Hey, everyone! A miracle has happened and Hummer may/will not be phased out!!!"? ...or...

2. MSNBC and every other news org writes an article on an upcoming business transaction regarding the salvation of Hummer? ...or...

3. An extremely hard to find private website lists a 2 year old concept vehicle as back in the works from a dying company?

Please forgive my tone; I know I too allow logical thinking be overcome by wishful thinking from time to time... but IMO, this is silly. Don't get me wrong... I would LOVE if the HX were to be produced... I would also love to have a Playboy Playmate in my bed. ;)

H3_VX
09/30/2010, 04:02 PM
I can give you guys a little more info on this since I am a HUGE HUMMER fanatic. The HX was going to be produced by Tengzhong if the sale would've been finalized, but since the chinese government nixed the sale GM has been considering releasing the HX as a GM model. Thats right, a GM HX. Sounds stupid, I know. There has also been talk of continuing H3 production at some point as a GM model as well. GM has been flooded with mail from offroad enthusiasts who are upset that GM no longer has a viable offroad niche. We'll see what happens I guess. It is highly unlikely, but still possible someone could step up and buy the brand at some point.

ZEUS
09/30/2010, 04:39 PM
H3 - thanks for that info. The way I understand it, even tho they had to nix the HX, the planned chassis was the same as what is still planned for the soon to be redone Colorado/Canyon - only shorter. I see GM potentially offering a shorter version of the C-twins as a CUV to compete against the FJ and the Wrangler, like what they had intended to do in the first place. There was already so much engineering put into the vehicle so it IS an affordable idea. My question is... is Isuzu involved with the upcoming C-twins like it was with the current model??? Cuz... we may have a new "VX" on the way... sorta. :_confused

ZEUS
10/03/2010, 04:34 PM
DING DING DING DING!!!
You've won... a picture!
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Zeus_and_.jpg

Still don't see how that matters tho... :confused:

H3_VX
10/03/2010, 06:11 PM
DING DING DING DING!!!
You've won... a picture!
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Zeus_and_.jpg

Still don't see how that matters tho... :confused:

What kind of tires are you running on the jeep? They look like they might be interco's.

ZEUS
10/03/2010, 08:28 PM
Yeah, they are beat to Hell 37" Swamper SSR's.

ZEUS
10/04/2010, 06:21 AM
U r a sad little man.

RallyDude
10/04/2010, 09:57 PM
I've always thought as GM closes divisions, why not take the best ideas of that division and rebadge them as GM vehicles. If it's a solid viable product and you have the distribution, why not?

I doubt the HX will ever see the light of day, but who knows, Saab is back in business.

When I think of Chinese vehicles, I think of the disposable dirtbikes they sell at Checker.

VXD959
12/14/2011, 03:24 PM
After all the buzz about the HX, Is this piece of $%& what they came up with??

http://fuelfix.com/blog/2011/12/13/honey-i-shrunk-the-hummer/#2108-14

Riff Raff
12/14/2011, 03:43 PM
http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/0/7/A/1/HummerHX.jpg

Nope, this is the "real" H4/HX. The electric wannabe golf cart with a body kit in the previous post ain't it.

:bgwb:

VXorado
12/15/2011, 09:12 AM
I'm surpirsed GM doesn't want to come out with the HX, even under a different name to avoid the bad PR with Hummer. GM could really use an offroad inspired vehicle to compete with Jeep & FJs.

mrtew
12/15/2011, 09:53 AM
I actually saw one of those in London last summer and almost crapped my pants. I've always loved HUMMERS and saw all of them (except the H1 of course) being designed in my building including the HX showcar and the aborted H4 that was based on it which I fully planned on replacing my VX with! This thing was hilarious and pathetic of course but I almost did wonder if it would have been better to replace the brand with something like this rather than just kill it. Too bad the real HX couldn't have lived! Here's a picture I took of it...

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/3479/p1020800k.jpg

FlyingV77
12/17/2011, 06:13 AM
wow, what a horid little thing! if thats what gets produced then they deserve to go out of business. and if its a jacked up "golf cart" its still hideous.

VXorado
12/17/2011, 01:54 PM
Its one thing to make smaller vehicles like the Hx & H4 but its entirely wrong to go all electric & micro-sized.

Oh well, so long Hx concept :(