PDA

View Full Version : So i got even better news now about my VX.

CoastieCosta567
01/18/2008, 03:29 PM
So i waisted my first full tank and i have great news about my consumption of Gas. So Remember that i was waisting like 230-250 miles a tank, you do the math and thats about 10.5 MPG.

So well now the new results for my VX Finally drving like a champ and now i'm making from 350-370 miles per tank. so thats 16 mpg. and i still need to buy a new air filter and maybe a few more things here and there to help with mpg.

So yeah i have gain pretty much about 6 extra miles per gallon saving me a total of $31.50 per week and a total of $126.00 per month on gas if i drove it 5 days a week 70 miles a day, witch is what i travel every day to and from work, at $3.50 a gallon, witch i don't drive very day anyways, I car pool. but yeah there you go guys Thats crazy what a stuped little connector can do to your VX.

WormGod
01/19/2008, 02:52 PM
So Remember that i was waisting like 230-250 miles a tank, you do the math and thats about 10.5 MPG.

Get a S/C so you can get back to around this range again. :p

Ldub
01/19/2008, 03:33 PM
Get a S/C so you can get back to around this range again. :p

Especially in "below the doughnut" temps(-24 tonight):_snowplow...I just hit 1/4 tank, with less than 115 mi. on the odo.:sighwgray

CrnCnn
01/19/2008, 03:39 PM
Man I am lucky to get 220 per tank. I need to fix something

CoastieCosta567
01/20/2008, 11:52 AM
but you guys have to know something, for 8-10 months i was trying to fix the issue and i spend like almost 2K on parts and repairs to see if that was the issue, but at the end it turn out to be a connector, so i'm gussing that all those new parts i added and repaired, probley save me a lot on gas cuz many parts where probley old, plus i was watching every little thing the VX was doing so was constenly keeping it up to date, with repairs and oil changes and tranny changes and many other things. I say if you guys go and give it a super tune up, i bet you will all get a big gain on fuel cunsumption. Well i hope, if not then i guess it was the engine overhold it got from the prevouse owner like when the engine had 75,000 miles. :bgwo:. I still need to change my air filter, and find out way the NEW EGR i bought 10 months ago is still not working, probley those 2 things will help even more on Fuel.

MrCrowley
01/21/2008, 08:32 AM
Lol wormgod- yeah the S/C should get rid of those pesky good gas mileage problems.:p

crager34
01/21/2008, 08:08 PM
What connector??

WormGod
01/22/2008, 07:07 AM
Especially in "below the doughnut" temps(-24 tonight):_snowplow...I just hit 1/4 tank, with less than 115 mi. on the odo.:sighwgray

Heh, you arent kidding. Not as cold here (thank God!) but we have been between 6F and 31f for the last week. My Rex, that normally gets about 340-360 on a tank, was getting gassed up on dead empty with only 250 on that tank. Turbo.... supercharger.... eh, when it comes to gas, its all the same, heh.

More crappy weather rolling in this afternoon so looks like the super shiney VX is staying in the garage throughout the duration.

CC, seriously, there really is nothing you can do to improve your mileage. The best and only way to really improve it, and it aint gonna be a night and day difference, is to change driving habits. Know your vehicle's comfort zone where your speed and your RPMs arent constantly rollercoastering. I call it, Humble Driving, but I havent really seen it since I put in the S/C. :p

don moore
01/22/2008, 07:34 PM
putting a tennis ball under the gas pedal will save you lots ..;)