PDA

View Full Version : problem with disconnectin stock sway link

hchen
06/12/2003, 05:21 PM
i got a set of calmini sway bars and it doesnt really come with detailed instructions. and we were workin disconnecting the stock sways links and it doesnt come off. the bolt and just keeps spinning because there's no other nut behind it to hold down so it wont keep spinnin around like turntables. anyways...i was wondering what other poeple did to install theirs...or if anyone knows how to do it. disconnect the links...the ish is mad fuxed up. i hope i explained it decently for you all to kno what i mean. SOMEONE HELP!!! =( it's so frustrating. thanks

hai yee

Tone
06/12/2003, 05:26 PM
Use a small open end (10mm perhaps?) or crescent wrench to hold the stud that is spinning - there is a place on the other side of the bar that is flattened for this purpose.

Simply disconnecting my sway bar ends in Moab got me highest RTI score (832 I think) of any IFS truck in Moab and made running trails a whole lot easier. I have been told Calmini sway bars are the same diameter as what we have stock - can you confirm that and give your impressions if they really are stiffer?

hchen
06/12/2003, 05:39 PM
we tried holding it but it just keeps spinning....but i'll try to the 10mm tomorrow at the shop. they should give more details on how to install their products...=/ do you know anyone with the sways? i think theyre just about the same diameter but supposedly a lot stiffer. if we can get the damn thing put on i'll let you kno how it rides. thanks

Swordy
06/17/2003, 12:42 AM
Yes, there are two flat machined surfaces on the stud itself you can grip them with a thin open end wrench, or you can get brutish with some visegrips.

Cyrk
06/17/2003, 06:17 AM
I have those sway bars on my VX for about 2 years...
I had a local shop install them in about a hour, look like a bitch.
Good Luck,
-Dave

hchen
06/17/2003, 11:43 AM
thanks guys, yea i got 'em in finally. did 65 going off an exit ramp wooohooo! hahaha im gonna see how far i can push it before it feels like it's gonna flip...a set of 18's or 20's should help =P