PDA

View Full Version : Check engine light on

VXIRONwoMAN
01/13/2008, 10:09 PM
I am so sad!!! :( I hope it's just the EGR... We will see tomorrow. Cross your fingers for me everyone. :( :confused: :( :confused:

:sighy: :_crying: :_confused:waab: :sad1: :_wrench: Someone fix it!!!!! :_wrench:

VCrossfan
01/13/2008, 10:22 PM
GOOD LUCK :luck::clap::luck:

Ldub
01/13/2008, 10:55 PM
Take a deep breath Little Sister...if it's not blinking, prolly nothing too major.
Get the code(s) read & post them, lots of peeps to help you here, everything is going to be fine.:_wrench:

(But I'll cross my fingers, just in case):smilewink

VXIRONwoMAN
01/14/2008, 11:34 AM
Take a deep breath Little Sister...if it's not blinking, prolly nothing too major.
Get the code(s) read & post them, lots of peeps to help you here, everything is going to be fine.:_wrench:

(But I'll cross my fingers, just in case):smilewink

Thanks Big Brother!!!! It's not blinking, and it's at the shop now... so I will definitely keep you all posted. I won't be back until the 18th because I will be in Nashville. So all should be good by then.

ZEUS
01/14/2008, 02:19 PM
You guys are so cute. ;)

nfpgasmask
01/14/2008, 02:33 PM
You guys are so cute. ;)

LOL.

Bart

Ldub
01/14/2008, 05:29 PM
You guys are so cute. ;)

No Dude, ya got it all wrong...

Chi Chi's the cute one, I'm gruff but loveable.:_iamwiths

VXIRONwoMAN
01/14/2008, 10:58 PM
No need to be jealous...You can all be my brothers too... we are all family, right??? LOL. Got my baby back today! Yippy! So he ran the diagnostic test and came up with the code... I will grab it later, it's in the glove box right now. He said it could have been a loose gas cap, though I tighten it at least 3 clicks every fill up so that is hard to believe, but plausible. So no more check engine light. I also had him check the brake light that kept coming on and off on the dash panel. He said I had air in my brake lines and so he bled my brakes and added new fluid, which needed to be done any way I am sure. So all the lights that have been coming on and off in the dash panel are now all staying off! YAY! I love my Proton, but she sure does need a lot of TLC compared to my Ironman. :cool:

ScottinMA
03/01/2008, 11:19 AM
Last night driving from MA to VT my check engine light appeared. Also noted that it stalled at idle after the light went on (not blinking). Had it checked with a meter by a guy at NAPA that was closing up for the day. He noted that two codes were present affecting both sides of the engine and he thought it was a vacuum leak having ruled out an oxygen sensor and the customary gas cap issue. It was running very lean. So later I'm running down Rte 100 in Waitsfield and came across a garage: "Haps Garage." I know that there isn't much of a chance but I ask this guy if would have time to take a look at my car and told him about the code reading. So, he puts down everything he was doing and takes a look but first wants to know what the hell kind of car is this thing! Within seconds he diagnoses a vacuum leak by listening while it idled and discovered that a screw besides the EGR to the engine was missing. Went inside and came out with a replacement screw and all is good. Charged me $10 which happened to be all the cash I had on hand and wished I had a $20 to give him on top of that. So,if you're ever running down Rte 100 in Waitsfield, VT and pass "Haps Garage" there is a guy there named Alan that is alright!

Scott

PHO2GR4
03/01/2008, 01:46 PM
Geez, your mechanics are much nicer than the ones around here. If my 'check engine' light came on, I'm pretty sure my local dealership would open the hood, check it and say "Yup, the engine's still there! That'll be $285.00..."

ScottinMA
03/01/2008, 06:16 PM
My point exactly! Sometimes our faith in people is restored. This was my occasion.

Scott