PDA

View Full Version : PA area service

orionblues
06/11/2003, 06:05 PM
It's coming near time for my first three month service call, and I was wondering if anyone in or near PA can recommend a good place to take the VX. Looks like I'll need some trim work, and a look at the engine - the hotter the weather, the harder it is to start.:confused:

Spike
06/11/2003, 07:44 PM
I will tell you once I know the status of my VX.
Only brought her to Murphy Lincoln Mercury Isuzu, near West Chester, yesterday with a loud tapping/knocking noise.

So, I am in the 'wait and see' mode.

I will post updates on the other thread
"possible rod issue"

HotFlyer
06/12/2003, 06:45 AM
I have had service done at Keystone Volvo-Isuzu in Landsdale. I had a bad rattle sound coming from the underside. They found a loose baffle in the muffler and replaced it at N/C. Yhe part had to be ordered which took 10 days. When the part came in, they installed it while I waited. (1 Hour). They were friendly and polite.
I would go back again for repairs. The person I dealt with in service was Ed. I hope this helps.

Howard

Wayne
06/12/2003, 09:53 AM
I take my car to Keystone-Volvo/ Isuzu in Landsdale as well. They always treat you well, and I've never had a problem with the actual vehicle service or with asking questions. Plus - they seem to actually listen when you try to describe a problem or a symptom that you've experienced. Pricing isn't outrageous either...

Spike
06/12/2003, 10:05 AM
My dad works just outside Lansdale.

I could always (cringe) loan the VX to him to get it serviced up there.

Of course that is after I get it back from getting repaired at Murphy in East Goshen/West Chester.

Wayne
06/13/2003, 10:58 AM
...how things went at the West Chester dealership. I was given the option of going there or to Lansdale. They're both just as inconvenient in terms of location, but I had heard good things about Lansdale and thus chose them.

Don't let your Dad have the keys - you'll never see him again!

Spike
06/13/2003, 07:20 PM
Some time next week I will let you know how the process progresses