PDA

View Full Version : Klearly disappointed

CrnCnn
01/11/2008, 10:30 AM
So this morning I thought since I finally got some time off when it is semi nice outside I would finally install my lenses.

Got out there, took some pics for before shots and got them unwrapped, First I install the passenger side since that so happened to be the side I unwrapped first. Not impressed with the fit at all on the corners I decide to do the front turn signal and be glad to take off the one that I got from Ron. It fit pretty well and seals with the gasket.

Now I do the drivers side corner and I still am NOT impressed with the fit. Next, I go to the front signal and noticed that the lens has an ‘R’ marked on it. I thought man this better still fit. Naturally it does not. So now I have an email in to them and see what we need to do to fix the situation.

So I am not impressed with the fit on the corners because the hole is not in the right place. If you read Bart’s post then you know kinda where I am going. There is play on the front part, which I don’t like at all. I am worried about how long until they break with all the freeway driving that takes place around here.

I will see how she responds with the email to decide if I want to drill the hole to make them fit right or send them back.

Moncha
01/11/2008, 11:05 AM
I'm gonna see how many responses you get on this and I may merge the two to keep all the info in one place.. Good luck on getting a fix

CrnCnn
01/11/2008, 11:08 AM
OK, should I have put this on another thread?

Moncha
01/11/2008, 11:21 AM
Yes and no, I'm just trying to keep like items together and since Bart had this
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=12659&highlight=klearz
I thought I'd put them together.

I ran a search on klearz and there are a lot of separate threads dealing with the same kind of info.

CrnCnn
01/11/2008, 11:32 AM
Alright I will keep that in mind next time

nfpgasmask
01/11/2008, 11:56 AM
Hey, are you saying they sent you 2 Right front turn signal covers?

Yeah, the side markers fit ok. Just ok. If you push hard you can put the screw in at a slight angle, but it is not 100% perfect. They are otherwise constructed well and I would image will hold up.

Personally though, I found the front lenses to be very good. They fit nice and snug, look good and are fully molded.

Bart

CrnCnn
01/11/2008, 12:49 PM
Hey, are you saying they sent you 2 Right front turn signal covers?

Yeah, the side markers fit ok. Just ok. If you push hard you can put the screw in at a slight angle, but it is not 100% perfect. They are otherwise constructed well and I would image will hold up.

Personally though, I found the front lenses to be very good. They fit nice and snug, look good and are fully molded.

Bart

Yup two of them. It's pretty frustrating.

nfpgasmask
01/11/2008, 01:54 PM
Yup two of them. It's pretty frustrating.

Oh damn, that sucks.

Bart

CrnCnn
01/12/2008, 08:42 PM
Well I must say they are handling this very well and politely. Tina said she will send a Left one to me.

WormGod
01/14/2008, 08:07 AM
Sounds like a shipping error. Good to hear they are gonna remedy that for you ASAP.

I dont have mine installed, but from initial viewing of them, the only thing I see that might be a small issue is the glue. There is some excessive beading on the backs of the side lenses that may raise the assembly on the fitted location and make it not-so- snug. I am prepared to do some simple sanding on the backs of the assembly to make it more snug if this is an issue. I wont know until I actually have my VX back though.

navistar
01/14/2008, 02:51 PM
Shipping error!

I was supposed to get my lenses on the 7th. Didn't. Tina said because of a shipping error I won't get them until the 17th. At lease I got a tracking number so I know they shipped me something.

navistar
01/14/2008, 07:39 PM
Got the lenses and I have some comments.

SIDE MARKERS:
They did a very sloppy job of bonding the lenses to the housing. Obviously there was no person at work that day whoes job it was to detail the lenses after gluing the lenses on to the housings. The build up of adhesive is unbelievable, in some places dribbled almost an eight of an inch thick and just left there. Nobody bothered to even wipe it off, or scrape it off, or sand it off. I should not have to do anything to these things to finish them...they should already be finished. These are a do-it-yourself lenses kit!!!

There's no way in a million years that these would even begin to fit flush to the side of the body without extensive sanding and/or polishing. That is if they actually fit the contour of the body. In some places on the visible side of the lenses it's fogged because the adhesive was whipped over the surface and marred it.

Gosh...I wonder if the mounting holes will match up.

Clearly disappointed.

The turn signal lenses appear correct but I haven't tried fitting them yet.

Navipissed :mad:

WormGod
01/15/2008, 07:35 AM
Just be happy that we even have a 3rd party developer interested in creating unique parts for us. There is no excuse for sloppy craftsmanship, but other than that, the product is quite accurate and satisfatory, IMHO. I have the same beading on the back of the assembly, but I see that as an easy workaround on my end. A little wet sanding on the back should smooth that down.

I am not taking sides here, its just that I have worked with MANY 3rd party companies that were willing to work with us on unique knockoffs for the VX, and sometimes the waters arent always smooth (actually, most of the time, they were pretty rough). The price we pay for being l33t, hahaha.

nfpgasmask
01/15/2008, 08:11 AM
Just be happy that we even have a 3rd party developer interested in creating unique parts for us. There is no excuse for sloppy craftsmanship, but other than that, the product is quite accurate and satisfatory, IMHO. I have the same beading on the back of the assembly, but I see that as an easy workaround on my end. A little wet sanding on the back should smooth that down.

I am not taking sides here, its just that I have worked with MANY 3rd party companies that were willing to work with us on unique knockoffs for the VX, and sometimes the waters arent always smooth (actually, most of the time, they were pretty rough). The price we pay for being l33t, hahaha.

I'd have to agree here. While the side markers aren't exactly perfect, they are pretty darn good. They can easily be touched up with a little time and a little sand paper like Wormy said. And even though the screw hole is slightly off, it still works, and I am sure you could mod the front plastic piece a little to make it more snug. I was thinking you could just wrap it tightly with some electrical tape to make it fit a little tighter. And the front lenses, are indeed pretty close to perfect, imo.

The reality here is that the side marker lenes and housings are not exactly an easy piece to replicate, and Klearz did a fine job of doing so. And the fact that seem to be handling Clint's shipping issue is also good.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Bart

cyronman
01/18/2008, 03:35 PM
Clint,

how's this coming along?

Tina emailed me yesterday apologizing for the mix-ups and what not.
They seem to be really good people, handling it well if anything.
I could certainly understand your frustration, but at least they're easy to deal with.

CrnCnn
01/18/2008, 09:24 PM
Clint,

how's this coming along?

Tina emailed me yesterday apologizing for the mix-ups and what not.
They seem to be really good people, handling it well if anything.
I could certainly understand your frustration, but at least they're easy to deal with.

Yeah they are very easy to deal with and have always responded to my emails very quickly. I know mistakes happen and I don’t fault them for that but just the overall situation kind of got to me. She said they will be sending me a left side.

navistar
01/19/2008, 07:16 AM
Still haven't tried to fit the side markers but the turn signal lenses fit PERFECTLY.

Now what is a good recommendation for the best amber light bulbs for this application?