PDA

View Full Version : Any one ever used the Auto Train?

Chopper
01/07/2008, 05:05 PM
I'm planning a trip up to the Phila. area this spring(April or May) My wife just had back surgery eight weeks ago, and isn't up for the eighteen hour ride in a car. I am a driver, and have always driven everywhere. I DON'T WANNA FLY!!! Auto Train seems like the answer. Cool little room, with the clackata-clackata, and the rocking, and a big window, and my little redhead:naughty::naughty::naughty: all the while, my vehicle is tagging along with me. Sounds great to me, but I'm really scared about some knucklehead loading and unloading (4 times) 0177. I really want to drive my VX in the hills ( the M Coupe would be the obvious choice here, but she gets motion sickness within ten minutes...blames my driving) Thinking I should just take the Lightning...it's the easiest to replace/fix. My family is getting very old, I haven't left Fla. in 15 years, and don't think I'll go back again too soon....so this trip is a big deal. Any of you guys used the Auto Train???? I need feedback here, please.

etlsport
01/07/2008, 05:20 PM
i havent used the train... but if u decide u dont wanna cart 0177 up you can always come check out my vx to get your fix!

circmand
01/07/2008, 08:19 PM
Took the auto train years ago as a kid. The folks had no problem with the handling of the car but there are always risks. It was really awesome experience

tom4bren
01/08/2008, 07:31 AM
I've never used it but have heard good things about it. Destination is key (Philly should be OK) you may still have a few hours drive after they unload your VX.

Chopper
01/08/2008, 03:47 PM
I wonder If they run this thing west? Probably Chi. for sure. Denver (much better) S.L.C. (ideal) This may be a very cool way to get to Moab.:) The test will be this ride to Pa..I'm playin it safe, I think, and taking the pickup (which will kinda suck) Might turn out to be a Mexican bus ride on rails.