PDA

View Full Version : egr problem

zadam123
01/06/2008, 11:19 AM
I clleaned out my egr valve and the push pin in it i pushed in to check it moves and now it poped out and wont push in again. is this normal?

Techy-D
01/08/2008, 05:16 PM
If you are talking about the pluger that lets the exhaust flow throught it, then it should push in and pop back out (stays in the unit). When I took mine apart I found that there was a little carbon in there and when I pushed it in, it stuck in! I flushed it with carb cleaner and turned the plunger left and right untill it finally popped back out (I think I used an allen wrench). I did that a few more times untill it would always move freely.
I hope I did the right thing (using carb cleaner), but it's all I had at the time.

zadam123
01/09/2008, 02:53 AM
I was afraid to use the carb cleaner for fear of blowing up the vx so i put mine back in with the pin stuck out. so far no problems. should i be worried? what can happen if this dont move freely?

JHarris1385
01/09/2008, 08:46 AM
Use carb cleaner. I even did the carb cleaner down the tube process that has the "caution fire hazard" all over it..... Just plug that one hole and spray down the tube and use carb/brake cleaner on the pin.