PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu Parts Hard to Find

Mark B
01/04/2008, 09:13 AM
I need replacement parts for my recaro seat on the drivers side.
The recliner hinge is broken. I call recaro who gave me the parts I need but cannot sell to individuals only dealers. I call Isuzu in St. Petersburg, Florida.
(about 45 minutes away from me. The dealer close to my house stopped selling and servicing Isuzu and I have no dealer close by) Isuzu said they do not sell the hinge replacement kit and said that they could sell me the whole seat.
That is BS. All I Need is the hinge kit not the entire seat.
So Recaro will not sell me the replacement parts because they only sell to dealers. And the Dealer said they do not sell the hinge parts only the entire seat.
It is getting harder and harder to get service from Isuzu and ever harder to get replacement parts. I am seriously thinking about not getting a Isuzu again.
I love my VX and when it goes it will not be Isuzu for my next vehicle.

Moncha
01/04/2008, 09:25 AM
I don't think they mean just an auto dealer, try an upholstery shop, they may qualify as a dealer especially if they deal in Recaro.

MSHardeman
01/04/2008, 04:54 PM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought that our seats where the same as some of the Saturn Ion Redlines from a year or two ago. Maybe you could find one of those and scavange parts off of it.

navistar
01/04/2008, 07:15 PM
Under the circumstances is it totally impossible to remove the parts and repair them, fix them, weld them, do something with them and put them back in? Adapt, overcome, innovate! OK, image that no replacement parts exist! What do you do? And whatever you do, do it well.

Mark B
01/05/2008, 05:12 PM
Recaro gave me a company in Pompano Beach, Florida. FVD Brombacher (1-800-274-2220) where I can purchase the parts. Rhonda Roxburgh is getting me a repair kit backrest recliner.
It seems that Recars makes the replacement parts kit I need. I hope this works.

Tobert
01/06/2008, 12:01 AM
Definitely check other brands' dealers.

Just this past Friday, I got a torque converter seal for my VX from the local BMW dealer. The 4L30E was used in a ton of beemers so they ended up having the part in stock when nobody else did.

ChernerParts
01/22/2008, 09:13 AM
This is HIGHLY possible! Who's "Hombre" is really an S10, after all? Or the ix80 trucks really being Colorados?

It's the turn Isuzu is making in the USA, but we hope to turn that around at Cherner. While it may have been the case we may not have been able to source it from Isuzu, we would have certainly dealt with Recaro at little to no cost.

Glad that the problem is fixed and I can add yet another thread to my "Just in case" files!

BeeVenom
01/28/2008, 03:33 PM
You'd think Isuzu would take notice of the patronage to the VX. Even with it's quirky flaws like screwy windows, it will always have followers and proud owners. No matter where i go, people still ask (it is debadged) 'what in the world is it?'. It's so much fun driving on the I-75 in Michigan and watching people in the passing lane doing a "180" as they pass you to see what it is.
So much fun, it cracks me up! I love it. There's nothing like it! Scott

Spike
01/28/2008, 06:53 PM
I need replacement parts for my recaro seat on the drivers side.
The recliner hinge is broken. I call recaro who gave me the parts I need but cannot sell to individuals only dealers. I call Isuzu in St. Petersburg, Florida.
(about 45 minutes away from me. The dealer close to my house stopped selling and servicing Isuzu and I have no dealer close by) Isuzu said they do not sell the hinge replacement kit and said that they could sell me the whole seat.
That is BS. All I Need is the hinge kit not the entire seat.
So Recaro will not sell me the replacement parts because they only sell to dealers. And the Dealer said they do not sell the hinge parts only the entire seat.
It is getting harder and harder to get service from Isuzu and ever harder to get replacement parts. I am seriously thinking about not getting a Isuzu again.
I love my VX and when it goes it will not be Isuzu for my next vehicle.

I ran into similar problem.. three of my seat levers went bad.. only good one left is the passenger seat on the door side (thank god)

I took my truck in (under a bumper to bumper extended aftermarket warranty) to the local dealer for a small punch list of items - they said 'we dont fix seats, we can only replace them. I said fine, my warranty should cover that if that is the shop policy. I went to pick the truck up a few days later.. first they said its not electronic so its not covered.. then I reminded them it was bumper to bumper and showed them the paperwork with what is and is not covered... no where does it say that a mechanical seat is not covered. Then the story changed and they said that they tried to reach the warranty company but got a busy signal. (bullsheet)

I never took the truck back there again. Since then my warranty expired.

I still have bad seat levers... but I ended up buying a pair of VERY good condition seats from a salvaged truck for about $300. Yet I decided not to install them because I will wait until the current ones get 'worse'

It is unfortunate that Recaro cant sell the parts to end users. I am wondering, if someone like a Napa auto parts or a local garage could place the order. Maybe all they really need is a business tax ID in order to create a sales account?

thedutchguy
01/29/2008, 01:26 AM
Audi and porsche with recaro interior feature the same seats!

http://audi-sport.net/classifieds/data/14/PICT_004.jpg