PDA

View Full Version : $4.00 Per

Chopper
01/03/2008, 04:18 PM
We've been down this road before, but "they'' are warming us up for four dollar gas in spring. I know the European and Asian guys are laughing, but the systems are so different, it's like seven to you....kind of:rolleyes: Boy, am I glad fours have become so much better; they're always more fun to whip. As soon as it gets pricey enough...a big change will come. And it will not involve petroleum. It will be nice to not fund our enemies.....and if we spread it around.....enough....end this nonsense, once and for all.:bwgr:

Joe_Black
01/03/2008, 04:24 PM
I nailed 54.7 MPG yesterday in the Jetta and got close to 600 miles from this last tank. Makes me grin ear-to-ear every time I drive past a Prius. :bwgr:

WormGod
01/04/2008, 07:51 AM
Damn, 54.7? Thats hot! I am lucky to get 28mpg in my WRX.

The most I have ever gotten out of my Rex was 410 on a full 15.9gal tank and thats driving it like its made of crystal. Sadly, its such a damn fun car to drive that caring about fuel efficiency usually goes right out the window. :cool:

$4 is sure gonna hurt, especially since MD just raised the state tax to 6%. Its already damned expensive here, yet they still feel the need to make the rich richer and to push out the poor for good.MD made my New Years resolution for me by raising smokes by $1.... so ya, guess what I havent done since New Years Eve.

As if our housing crisis, high gas prices, and existing cost of living isnt bad enough, now they raise the state tax. VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrCrowley
01/04/2008, 09:36 AM
I got about 42.7 mpg average and about 520 miles per the tankful in a N/A 06 Subaru Legacy on a road trip this past spring. Don't remember exactly what it was, but have a pic somewhere at home of the electronic cluster and instruments when I did it. Ill try to dig it out.

Looks like you just need to lose that turbocharger thingy:p The only reason I didn't get a turbo scooby was my long commute at the time of purchase. If it weren't for that I would DEFINITELY be driving an STI or a Forester X/T- the ultimate sleeper.:bwgy:

Living in the bike friendly town of Athens, I have been tinkering with my mountain bike, an aluminum fishing cart I own (reels on wheels- big version), and a lawnmower engine as either a powered sidecar or trailer with room for gear, AND using a 21 speed bike drivetrain for loads of gear selections. I can't wait to get it operational and test the mileage I get with it! 10 mile commute to work should be fun.

rowhard
01/04/2008, 01:49 PM
Joe, is that a straight up, jetta diesel? If so, that is very impressive and lets face it, with the 100 dollar a barrel being a reality now, one must consider their options. Maybe the beloved VX stays in the barn for those sunny afternoon drives. Damn I hate that thought.

Chopper
01/04/2008, 05:05 PM
I got about 42.7 mpg average and about 520 miles per the tankful in a N/A 06 Subaru Legacy on a road trip this past spring. Don't remember exactly what it was, but have a pic somewhere at home of the electronic cluster and instruments when I did it. Ill try to dig it out.

Looks like you just need to lose that turbocharger thingy:p The only reason I didn't get a turbo scooby was my long commute at the time of purchase. If it weren't for that I would DEFINITELY be driving an STI or a Forester X/T- the ultimate sleeper.:bwgy:

Living in the bike friendly town of Athens, I have been tinkering with my mountain bike, an aluminum fishing cart I own (reels on wheels- big version), and a lawnmower engine as either a powered sidecar or trailer with room for gear, AND using a 21 speed bike drivetrain for loads of gear selections. I can't wait to get it operational and test the mileage I get with it! 10 mile commute to work should be fun.You're certifiable:p

Joe_Black
01/04/2008, 05:59 PM
Joe, is that a straight up, jetta diesel? If so, that is very impressive and lets face it, with the 100 dollar a barrel being a reality now, one must consider their options. Maybe the beloved VX stays in the barn for those sunny afternoon drives. Damn I hate that thought.
Yup, 2006 Mk5 TDI with the 5-speed although the 6-speed DSG auto should get a little better since it has a little higher ratio and is actually a computer-shifter manual with a twin-clutch and no torque converter. We picked it up in May and typically see just under 50MPG, but when the temperature drops below 70 the mileage really goes up due to the increased air charge. Of course the intercooler is really working well when it's cooler too!

We're moving along on our new home so when we sell the current house hopefully I'll again be in a position to import a 4JG2 diesel for the VX. My lovely wife really wants a diesel gen-2 Trooper, so I may have to build that first. Then again, our M35 comes home this weekend and she might just want to drive that instead. :rolleyes:

rowhard
01/04/2008, 06:25 PM
dropping below 70, must be nice.