PDA

View Full Version : Door Lock Engaging while Driving

johnnyapollo
01/02/2008, 03:39 PM
This is an odd one - and it just started happening a couple of weeks before Christmas. When I slow down for a stop sign, my door locks activate (it doesn't happen all the time, just some times when I come to a hard stop). It's really odd, at first I thought it was the side of my pant leg brushing the locking button. Think a bad relay?

-- John

dkmiller68
01/02/2008, 06:29 PM
You could swap relays and see if the problem moves (or disappears). A good description of the VX I read a while ago was that they are "quirky". it seems we get some intermittant problems that just disappear on their own; e.g. rattles, check engine lights, etc.

Is it a good idea to disconnect your battery every once in a while (yearly maybe) to reset the computer and clear things?

Joe_Black
01/02/2008, 07:18 PM
If the return spring in the relay is weak and the relay is oriented in such a way that the contact paddle is moving due to decelleration then it could be the case, especially if it only happens during hard stops. Don's suggestion of exhanging the relay would be a good test, and could be entertaining depending what function you exchange the suspect unit with. :bgwg:

thedutchguy
01/02/2008, 11:50 PM
This is an aftermarket safety issue!!:bgwo::bgwo::bgwo:

Cobrajet
01/03/2008, 06:24 PM
I wonder if this could be related to the auto-relock feature that relocks the doors after about 15-20 seconds if you don't open a door. I've unlocked my doors with the remote and then opened the rear door to put packages away, and then had the doors relock before I could open the driver's door. I don't know if this feature can be disabled, but there could be some sensor or program in the computer getting bad info and engaging the locks. I wouldn't know how to troubleshoot this problem either. Reboot?

circmand
01/04/2008, 04:55 AM
Not to hi Jack but I have to say the way Isuzu programmed the door locks to work I would not be surprised if this is an allowable program that you accidently engaged. I often wonder what they were thinking when they made these decisions.

Gussie2000
02/13/2008, 05:39 PM
I trully believe that somehow i've engage the power doors automatic systems.

Zorak
02/14/2008, 07:54 AM
I I don't know if this feature can be disabled, but there could be some sensor or program in the computer getting bad info and engaging the locks. I wouldn't know how to troubleshoot this problem either. Reboot?

Per page 7 of the "Keyless Vehicle Security System" manual: "This feature can not be defeated"

I trully believe that somehow i've engage the power doors automatic systems.

That would certainly be something, considering the VX doesn't have any automatic lock activation other than the one mentioned above.

tom4bren
02/14/2008, 08:46 AM
I thought I was having the same problem for a while. It ended up that Wifey has a lifelong habit of always locking the doors & it was her all along. She grew up in Philly so I am understanding.

etlsport
02/14/2008, 12:47 PM
yea.. my doors are always locked!

My relock feature is a pain... recently it only sometimes recognizes that the passenger door is open for some reason.. (dome light still comes on) but the relock will engage.. and if my tailgate or passenger door is still open.. all heck breaks loose because the air horn starts blaring

Johnny did you ever figure this out? i know a lot of aftermarket alarms have an autolock feature that activates at a certain speed .. is yours totally stock?

johnnyapollo
02/14/2008, 01:03 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a short in my aftermarket alarm somewhere - when it happens I get the alarm chirp - but the alarm doesn't engage (blue light doesn't come on so it's not armed). It's pretty weird - hasn't happened for a week or so, then it'll happen for a couple of days. Then stop again. I hear a couple of rattles under the dash so it may be something has come loose - the aftermarket alarm module is in the same spot once occupied by the Isuzu module (behind the dash) - I'm guessing it may have been an extra relay that was added, now loose, bumping up against something. I've been meaning to crawl around under there but I've been extremely busy on the weekends, and get home after dark during the week, so I've been lazier than usual in regards to the VX. Excuses, excuses!

-- John

Pepino
02/14/2008, 04:05 PM
is there anyway that we could change from just unlocking and locking them ourselves to when we start the car the locks would lock and then everytime you change to parking they would unlock like in nice new cars?

PK
02/14/2008, 05:22 PM
is there anyway that we could change from just unlocking and locking them ourselves to when we start the car the locks would lock and then everytime you change to parking they would unlock like in nice new cars?

That's exactly what my after market alarm does.

You have the option -
Want doors locked while driving - shut both doors and then start engine - doors lock - stop engine - both doors unlock.

Want doors unlocked while driving - leave one door open - start engine - shut door - doors stay unlocked.

Alarm also has 2 function immobiliser - cuts ignition and fuel system.
Gives remote entry from about 100 yds away.
Can be rigged for remote start if you want, but it doesn't get that cold down here.

I think the brand name was Black Spider - will have to check to make sure, but it is Aussie built so no help for most of you.

Regards
PK