PDA

View Full Version : 2 thumbs up to PIAA's customer service!

BlackVX
06/11/2003, 08:12 AM
Some of you might remember me from the Mini VX meeting in Rockville MD. I am the one who had purchased all kind of VX mods but never got around to take the time to install them.
;Dr;

At that time I had a problem with my PIAA 520 driving fog lights among other things (PV not installed, popper door kit not installed, auto trans shifter not installed... I know, shame on me)

I finally took care of the fog lights and realized that my relay was the problem. I surfed the web to find the part but it was always coming with the entire wiring system package (around $50!).
Then I sent an email to the PIAA customer service and within 30 minutes of chit chat my problem was solved. They shipped me a new and improved relay for free! No shipping fee either!

The new relay has a separate jumper easy to replace. I'll stick with PIAA for the rest of my life!

Next project should be the popper kit. Then the PV when I'll purchase a second car (PV too loud for the wife).

Michael

WormGod
06/11/2003, 11:21 AM
Hey man, nice job! Post some pics of the lights. I am looking for some, but dont recall eactly what you had or how they looked. :)

Tone
06/11/2003, 11:45 AM
They were real good to me too when I needed a new trim ring to hold the lens in that I couldn’t get through any dealer - sent me 2 at NC!

Michael sent me this great pic of the 520s on his VX - they really fit the styling of the VX well along with puting out plenty of light.

BlackVX
06/11/2003, 01:32 PM
Tone, Wow you still have this graphic after all those years!?! :)That's cool! I'll post a better picture since I have new digital camera.

I love those PIAAs. They are driving lights not fog lights though. So I can used them anywhere without bothering incoming cars.

I take them out when I go for annual VA inspection tag. I should carry covers for them in case I get pull off by the police. The laws about fog lights are so ridiculous here in VA.

Michael