PDA

View Full Version : Hooked on "MASS EFFECT"

Jolly Roger VX'er
12/28/2007, 02:19 PM
Hi Gang, I've returned to the world of gaming since my last system was the original Nintendo...lol. Just bought an XBox 360 Arcade System and bought 2 games before Christmas (NASCAR '08; Tomb Raider Anniversery edt.) and got 2 more for Christmas (Need 4 Speed Pro Street; Mass Effect). Me being the Sci-Fi nerd that I am I love the Mass Effect so far. I don't have an HD TV yet and can only wonder what I'm missing..but..what I see so far is incredible. Just wondering if any of you VX'ers out there are playing it too and what are your thoughts (and tips!).

P.S.---I rented Halo to try it but didn't realize it wouldn't play on my 360.

Mark B
12/28/2007, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the comments, I have been wanting to buy Mass Effect.
I saw the reviews on cable tv channel G 4 and it looked great.

spaceCADETzoom
12/28/2007, 09:28 PM
I agree..my favorite game this season in a year of really great games. For this Christmas Mass Effect tops an already impressive list of COD4, Crysis, Assassins Creed. Any of those 3 I would say are some of the greatest games I've played...yet Mass Effect is above and away so (much greater).

Jolly Roger VX'er
12/29/2007, 07:50 AM
You guys seem to like COD4 and I saw the cool TV commercial. I can see it now...I'm going to be pulling some O.T. to support this darn addiction. :o

WormGod
01/02/2008, 08:29 AM
Sadly, I beat Mass Effect on about 4 days. MUCH shorter than I thought. Gonna go back and play it on Hardcore with a different class later maybe. Good game though. Fairly solid with only a few graphic hitches. I did find one side quest stopping bug, but it wasnt a huge deal.

Dumke
01/02/2008, 11:06 AM
I havent played mass effect yet but I am wanting to. Love me some COD4, assains creed is good as well but havent finished. I play on a 27 inch 10 yr old craptastic . Still good graphics but only down fall is when there is small writing I cant read it. Bro has a hd tv and COD4 and AC looks amazing on it but hey fo rnow I am into the game play because dont have the cash for the HD.

Another one to check out course was on bro's HD is lost planet. On campaign mode there was some Amazing graphics.

hey wormgod I thought mass effect had good replayability due to game changes with what actions you take??

WormGod
01/03/2008, 07:54 AM
Well, the replay-ability seems to be there, but its not really too interesting anymore. The mission doesnt change at all and character outcomes are still pretty much intact since you already know what the choices are. All you can really do is use different talents/class, get some very subtle dialogue tree changes, NPC/party "future" decisions, and ending. Because the story still plays out the same though, replaying it has been pretty boring for me. There is still some achievement stuff to unlock, and i will probably go back to it occasionally. Maybe I will pick up Assassins Creed and see how that is.

With the announcement of Jade Empire 2 for 360, I am pretty hyped though!

I actually put it down and went to play Bards Tale on 360 since its supported now, heh.

ISCE
01/03/2008, 10:05 AM
My son finished it in a few days, but he was home on Christmas break so not sure how much time it took him. He said he really liked it and already started a new character. I've only gotten in a few hours on it and liked the way the game was playing. My gaming time available tends to go in small sprints where I can play a few hours but then don't get back to it for a month.

I still have to finish Oblivion, and my boxing career in Fight Night is nearing the end. Probably will finish Fight Night first and then who knows.

As far as in HD - I have my mixed opinions about the "film grain" and motion blur options. The game looks great yes, but I don't know if it's the color depth or lack there of, but the shadows on the faces at times just don't look right. I've turned off the film grain now - it was great they give you the option to do so! Heck I am playing in full HD I don't want it to look "grainy"!