PDA

View Full Version : For that treehugger in us all---

geshaw30
12/26/2007, 08:34 PM
I've heard of this ride and had been wondering if it was actually going to be put into production. Seems so. 300 mpg, under 30k, and modest acceleration might make this the Prius for the next 10 years.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=444375&topart=passenger

Even if it never makes it to the street my frustration is that there are brilliant techno folks out there that can produce something like this yet the "Big Three" and the accompanying "Big Oil" manage to find a way to squash such ideas for the sake of the Almighty $$$$.

(But I can yell only so loud--I'm only getting 16 VX mpg's)

Ldub
12/27/2007, 05:42 AM
Looks like it's got VX looking seats. I like the foot pedals...too funny.
You could get great mileage & be protected from impact with other vehicles by driving UNDER a semi trailer during highway travel. (ala Clark Griswold):smilewink

nfpgasmask
12/27/2007, 08:26 AM
That's actually pretty sweet looking. Definitely futuristic. The Prius looks like a turd if you ask me, so this is great.

Bart

VXD959
12/27/2007, 12:51 PM
Sorry...Would not buy that thing if it gave me 1,000 miles per gallon...
(also, I work for an oil company...don't get me started on the ethanol issue...)

George: love your new avatar!

geshaw30
12/27/2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks Daniel. That's what happens to Sammi after she has moved around the house for a couple hours. Bulldogs help support the concept of "lack of motivation".

Chopper
12/27/2007, 03:25 PM
Are they paying royalties to Burt Rutan?? They should be. Corbin's Sparrow came "this close" to production. I've been waiting a very long time, for a single seat like this (I just don't give a damn about 300mpg...I want it to go like stink....and give me maybe 50mpg.) I'm a BIG fan of the "Atom." Less IS more.:smilewink:smilewink

don moore
12/27/2007, 04:15 PM
Just add some A/T tires and a 3" lift..hmmmmm;)

Chopper
12/27/2007, 05:31 PM
Are they paying royalties to Burt Rutan?? They should be. Corbin's Sparrow came "this close" to production. I've been waiting a very long time, for a single seat like this (I just don't give a damn about 300mpg...I want it to go like stink....and give me maybe 50mpg.) I'm a BIG fan of the "Atom." Less IS more.:smilewink:smilewinkSomething like a Lotus 7,for the twenty first century. Room for one (and a passenger, with puke bag, if they insist on goin' )

VXIRONwoMAN
12/28/2007, 09:25 PM
Just add some A/T tires and a 3" lift..hmmmmm;)

And rock sliders, skid plates and a roll cage!!!!!!! :p