PDA

View Full Version : Ugliest VX I have ever seen

phxsunfan
12/26/2007, 07:32 AM
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=236354269&dealer_id=55268162&car_year=2001&model=VEHICROSS&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=300&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=ISU&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=75019&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=255

WILLY
12/26/2007, 08:24 AM
I think it looks sweet,i dont think i would ever think any vx is ugly.:eek:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/05-Photo_5.jpg

Dumke
12/26/2007, 09:26 AM
I kinda like that one too. Actually I have seen a ugly one. Who has that picture of the vx that was on ebay or whatever it was that was all beat to hell and looks like go drug through a swamp and left there for a few yrs then drug out.

Ok big EDIT:::: ya that is ugly I thought willy posted pic didnt look @ link. LOL ya that one is bad but that other one drug through swamp or whatever with rust stains was aweful

nfpgasmask
12/26/2007, 09:59 AM
I'd hafta agree. I am not a fan of painting the cladding the same color as the truck (except black, of course). It just kills a huge part of what the VX is....

Bart

DeepSilentComplete
12/26/2007, 11:20 AM
Oh yeah, just saw that white one on e-bay today. UUUUGGGGLLLYYYY!

So, on a related matter. I want to repaint my VX (I'll be leaving the cladding and hood insert black, btw), I live in Northern Virginia. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Marc

navistar
12/26/2007, 01:01 PM
No VX in inherently ugly. I've seen plenty of things done (cosmetically) to them that I definitely would not do. The worst thing, however, is neglect.

Chopper
12/26/2007, 03:50 PM
Misguided is how I'd describe it. Now.....how do I get this S#@t off???

CoastieCosta567
12/26/2007, 04:08 PM
i personally think the rear looks good, for the front, it looks like dog doodoo, know i seewhy the VX really was left with a black cladding. but i pesonally like the black cladding no matter on what color, so for me it's a 30% plus for the effort and some shine and 70% is simply "CRAP".

tom4bren
12/27/2007, 06:24 AM
"So, on a related matter. I want to repaint my VX (I'll be leaving the cladding and hood insert black, btw), I live in Northern Virginia. Any recommendations?"

Why change color? FoxFire is the second best color. Proton outshines all the rest.:)

DeepSilentComplete
12/27/2007, 07:27 AM
No VX in inherently ugly. I've seen plenty of things done (cosmetically) to them that I definitely would not do. The worst thing, however, is neglect.

Yes, I agree! So, in that spirit, I don't want to change the color of my Foxfire VX, I want to repaint it the same color.

Besides, I have three vehicles all about the same color (there is a theme here, or maybe just a bit of O.C.D.), but I want to keep my VX looking good and part of that is to get it painted like new.

Any thoughts? :bwgr:

etlsport
12/27/2007, 07:56 AM
go for it! i would love to get a fresh coat of paint on my vx that i could baby to keep it perfect... if you do decide to do it.. number one make sure to go to a good place that has been recommended... my buddys audi was repainted before he got it.. the paint on the hood peeled off in an auto car wash! after that we managed to strip the hood with about 75 psi of compressed air... awful awful paint job and number two.. if you are gonna do it i would recommend right afterwards getting a 3M clear bra put on to protect your investment.. all the wax in the world isnt gonna protect you from a pebble on the highway

tom4bren
12/27/2007, 08:06 AM
Sorry, can't recommend a shop in your area or mine. I've only had one paint job, years ago & I don't even know if they're still in business. If I find someone, I'll let you know.

Chopper
12/27/2007, 03:40 PM
"So, on a related matter. I want to repaint my VX (I'll be leaving the cladding and hood insert black, btw), I live in Northern Virginia. Any recommendations?"

Why change color? FoxFire is the second best color. Proton outshines all the rest.:) Check out the crazy yellow Lambo is using. That'll Proton your Proton.

tom4bren
12/28/2007, 06:09 AM
"Check out the crazy yellow Lambo is using. That'll Proton your Proton."

Pass. VX Proton 'zakly matches the SeaDoos. BTW - not why we got the Proton ... it just worked out that way.:)