PDA

View Full Version : I've made up my mind!

thedutchguy
12/26/2007, 02:39 AM
When this comes out, the VX will have to go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFL4pJLYqNA

Joe_Black
12/26/2007, 05:21 AM
That's got the twin-turbo 35d V8 diesel which IIRC cranks out just over 400HP. We'll not be seeing that on our shores unfortunately. :(

ZEUS
12/26/2007, 10:16 AM
I still agree with cyronman, the classic BMW grill just doesn't work with the rest of the vehicle and it has limited the overall design. They need to step away from that grill and move forward!

don moore
12/26/2007, 10:30 AM
its a 4door hatchback........it looks just like the jones car...:rolleyes:

Chopper
12/26/2007, 04:01 PM
I'll take the twin turbo V8 please......I'll pass on the car though:( Ahhh...turbo's don't work in the dirt anyway. Shoulda been as a two door, like it was conceived.....they might have had me....as is, I'll pass:(

Joe_Black
12/26/2007, 07:18 PM
Ahhh...turbo's don't work in the dirt anyway.

What you talkin' 'bout Willis?!?! Turbos work GREAT in the dirt! :cool:

Chopper
12/27/2007, 03:48 PM
What you talkin' 'bout Willis?!?! Turbos work GREAT in the dirt! :cool: Just when I want a middlin amout of twist to get out of the muck, the darn thing spools up and gives me the whole bang, and I'm spinnin', digging in deeper:mad::mad: SC is more steady.

Joe_Black
12/27/2007, 06:35 PM
Boost is boost. If your turbo gives you too much when you don't want it then that's where adjustment comes into play, either with the wastegate or properly sizing the turbo for the application. Also knowing where it "comes on" in the RPM band allows for using the pedal to fine tune with the proper gear ratio for what you need, whether getting out of a hole or powering up a hill. Learn the engine and let it work for you rather than it working you over. ;)

thedutchguy
12/28/2007, 03:30 PM
My father drives a BMW 335D Touring, which has the very same engine.
The power delivery is awesome.
It has torque from standstil ripping out the road underneath the tires but because of its unique twinturbo configuration it keeps on pulling like a petrol engined car high in the revs..............truly amazing.

Chopper
12/28/2007, 04:22 PM
My father drives a BMW 335D Touring, which has the very same engine.
The power delivery is awesome.
It has torque from standstil ripping out the road underneath the tires but because of its unique twinturbo configuration it keeps on pulling like a petrol engined car high in the revs..............truly amazing.

They won't give us the big diesel here yet, but I'm itchin to get ahold of the gas burner.