PDA

View Full Version : Vehicross: 1 Tercel: 0

PHO2GR4
12/19/2007, 09:16 PM
SO...there I was, minding my own business, stopped at a stop sign, waiting for an opening in the traffic, on a gray, rainy, BLAMMO!!!!!

WTF?

Apparently, the three guys in the Toyota Tercel behind me decided that stopping was a waste of time. Why use up valuable brake pads when you can just hit the rare Vehicross right in front of you?

I jumped out of the car, all pissed off that someone just killed my Ebony Beauty. One look at the Tercel scared me: the front end was smashed; probably totalled. I nervously turned to look at the damage to my VX. I looked, then looked again. Where the heck did they hit me?!?

Turns out, the 3" lift I did last year probably saved my bacon. There's a tiny ding in the plate that protects the fuel tank, and a tiny scratch on the cladding just above it. You seriously cannot see any damage unless you really look for it. The other guy completely submarined underneath the VX.

Toyota Tercels of the world, I laugh at thee.

On a more serious note: My back and neck really hurt for a couple of days. Thankfully, the driver of the Tercel had insurance. At least, that's what he told the cops who showed up ALMOST FOUR HOURS AFTER I CALLED 911. I drove away angry and in pain, but secure in the knowledge that the other guy had insurance.

Until today, that is. My insurance called State Farm to get the other guy's information, and strangely, he doesn't seem to be in their records. I'm stunned! I had no idea that somebody would actually lie to cops about being insured, and then drive away without any consequences.

I should try that some time. I'd save a ton on automobile insurance that way! More than Geico's 15%, for sure.

Happy ending: I felt so bad for my VX that I took her in to the best detail shoppe in Seattle. She looks like new...except for the battle scar near the gas tank. I've never seen her look so good.

CrnCnn
12/19/2007, 09:19 PM
Glad your are ok

VXIRONwoMAN
12/19/2007, 09:22 PM
Glad to hear you and your baby are alright! Except the whole emotional scarring part... YAY for lifted VX's! Did you get to take any pictures of the Tercel??? I would love to see those!

CrnCnn
12/19/2007, 09:27 PM
Did you get to take any pictures of the Tercel??? I would love to see those!

Good call. We could all point and laugh..

WILLY
12/19/2007, 09:48 PM
I had a similar situation only the guy that plowed into my ***** end was driving a full size pickup and i came out of it with only a half inch cut on my cladding that you cant see unless ur looking for it and his truck bumper was caved in under the the truck,wow was i freeked out until i saw that my ride was fine and his was f#$%&*,funnier yet he only had it back from the body shop a week from a 4000 dollar deer acident b-4 he hit me.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/07-Photo_7.jpg

PHO2GR4
12/20/2007, 08:36 AM
Sadly, no photos of the wrecked Tercel. It was raining really hard, and getting dark, and the first order of business was to dial 911 and move the cars out of the busy intersection. I was also worried the whole time that the driver would flee the scene. He didn't, but frankly I'm surprised that he stuck around just to give the cop false information.

Question: how far should I pursue this? I've got the license plate, VIN number, drivers license number and an address for this deadbeat. The phone number he gave is dead, and the insurance company has never heard of him. My deadbeat motorist...sorry, uninsured motorist deductible is $300, so that's all I'd be out for having the dings taken out.

On one hand, I'm angry and want HIM to pay the $300. On the other hand, he's an immigrant day laborer who probably doesn't even HAVE $300. Tough call.

nfpgasmask
12/20/2007, 08:48 AM
WOW! Man Eric, glad you and your VX are ok. That totally sucks about the other driver. I can't believe how many loosers out there are rolling around uninsured.

So, where are the photos of your newly polished VX?

POST POST POST!

EDIT: I guess I would only persue it if you had any hospital bills you need covered. Whiplash can take a toll over time, did you see a doctor or not? The problem is, even if you persue it, you probably won't get much out of it. But since you have his address, you can always leave a bag of burning poo on his doorstep or something.... :) JK JK JK, sorta....

Bart

Scott Harness
12/20/2007, 08:49 AM
Glad you're ok. Here in Dallas,you always hear on the news,how they get out and run.:mad:

nfpgasmask
12/20/2007, 08:52 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/07-Photo_7.jpg

I love your VX, Willy. If you ever decide to sell, look me up. ;)

Bart

tom4bren
12/20/2007, 11:05 AM
gasmask - you ain't allowed.

"If it ain't black, I'm not driving it!"

WILLY
12/20/2007, 12:04 PM

Too funny! i was thinking the same thing,its not black bart but an awsome color,i too am a fan of the color black but i gave in to drive my vx i came across.

nfpgasmask
12/20/2007, 02:10 PM

It would be for the wife ;)

Bart

JHarris1385
12/20/2007, 02:14 PM
The wide? Lets keep the insults off the forums please...............haha

nfpgasmask
12/20/2007, 02:16 PM
The wide? Lets keep the insults off the forums please...............haha

That's was type-o, the d and f are too close. I fixed it. :)

Bart

JHarris1385
12/20/2007, 02:18 PM
I knew, becuase like you I am trying to push a VX under the foot of my significant (sounds weird typing fiance), but I am shooting for a proton or axiom if all fails.

Ldub
12/21/2007, 05:43 AM
Good that you came out the winner in that round Eric.
I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but when getting rear ended in a VX...you never see it coming.:sighwgray

circmand
12/21/2007, 05:53 AM
On the bright side due to the VX rear window visability we could see any planes that happen to be following us or landing behind us.

spaceCADETzoom
12/21/2007, 03:52 PM
Hey, ditto for me.

Some lady with a ridiculously long bad driving record decides she wants to plow into the back of my VX in stop-and-go gtraffic. Long story short: her car was totalled. Mine had gouges in cladding. I couldn't believe the damage on hers and lack thereof on mine either.

Anita
12/21/2007, 04:13 PM
On the bright side due to the VX rear window visability we could see any planes that happen to be following us or landing behind us.

LOLOL!!!! :laughg: