PDA

View Full Version : How many own more than one?

navistar
12/19/2007, 06:23 PM
I'd like to know how many of you actually own more than one VX...and, of course, WHY and HOW?? I mean not just financially but philosophically and if you're married, what kind of drugs did you use on your wife. I'm looking at a second '01 Ebony. The wifey again said just today, "I think you're crazy." She alternates between "I think you're crazy." and "I think you're nuts." She knows I like variety.;)

CrnCnn
12/19/2007, 06:29 PM
I dont want to turn your whole discussion into this but I WANT two. The wife wants one. Finincially not happening right now cause we owe so much on our second vehicle as it is.

navistar
12/19/2007, 06:34 PM
The one I have is in storage so I feel like I need one to drive on some sort of semi-regular basis. Owning is great...driving is best.

VXIRONwoMAN
12/19/2007, 09:42 PM
I guess you can say I own(ed) two... My Dad now has my Ironman... and I have my Proton...But it's in the family, that counts right??? I got two for less than the price of one brand new. :bgwb:

Triathlete
12/19/2007, 10:04 PM
I have 4...
...my '99 Ebony
...a foxfire hotwheel that resides in my cubby hole that I got for zilch from a friend who saw it in the store
...a still to be built Tamaya that I got for the whopping price of free from Headblade
...and a kick *** white Russian Police RC VX that Alexander brought me all the way from Russia!:bwgy::rotate::laughing:

navistar
12/20/2007, 06:22 AM
Well yes I also have the Tamiya still in the box and so not yet drivable.;)

nfpgasmask
12/20/2007, 09:16 AM
Well yes I also have the Tamiya still in the box and so not yet drivable.;)

Me 3. I need to get working on my Tamiya kit. I want to make it exactly like my VX...

:) Bart

Spike
12/20/2007, 12:14 PM
I seriously considered buying a 99 Astral a couple months ago as my daily driver..
... but it was up in north Jersey (near New York) and they were asking about $8500 with abotu 70k miles on it...

Instead I opted to buy my friends 99 Grand Prix GTP in October.
He put a LOT of add-ons on it late last summer, just before he decided to buy a GTO on clearance in January...

Lets see.. a 3" exaust manifold downpipe, U-bend removal (where the downstream O2 sensor is), complete magnaflow exhaust with high perf cats... reduced size supercharger pulley.. thrasher air box with K&N cone filter ... All I need to do now is replace the PCM and I will have close to if not over 300 HP (Guestimation right now is about 285+)

Not a bad deal for $5000 ... Looking forward to spring, and taking her to Cecil County and seeing what she can do.

Actually, if I had a trailer, I'd love to take them BOTH to the track and see what they can do!!

Right now the VX gets driven about every 2 weeks to keep everything in working order, or of course, if it snows!

mbeach
12/20/2007, 02:13 PM
VXs have gotten more affordable, considering that the newest one is almost 7years old. Both of ours cost less than 1 when it was new.

I let my wife drive mine around for a few days and it grew on her too. I think that it was all the attention that she got driving it.
Other than myself, there are/were a number of other multi-VX households. Off the top of my head, both past and present:
Tone,
Joe Black,
Biju,
TechnoPope,
I know there's a few more, I just can't think of them right off.

Chopper
12/20/2007, 03:23 PM
There were two black ones here, for a short while, back in 02 & 03. One is still in storage.

Joe_Black
12/20/2007, 06:21 PM
Hopefully we'll one day have one of each color, but for now have to be happy with the IronMan and Ebony. Gotta thin the herd of other wheeled denizens first! :rolleyes: I do really miss my bought-new Dragon though, hopefully still being enjoyed by Velvis.

johnnyapollo
12/20/2007, 07:59 PM
When that one with the blown tranny went up for dibs here in ATL, I was sorely tempted. It found a good home up in Canada though so I'm glad it's in good hands. I may still get a second as a dedicated off-roader.

-- John

TechnoPope
12/21/2007, 08:55 AM
My wife wanted to replace her aging Grand Cherokee. She was looking at sports cars but was concerned about giving up her SUV. I told her that I knew exactly what to get. I located a very clean but customized 99 Ebony in St. Louis, flew there and drove it back. Soon we were competing over who would drive the VX each day. Peace was restored when I found an 01 Proton in storage in Indianapolis. We have been happy driving them ever since.

Sadly, due to needing a van most of the time, I only drove the Ebony off and on for a few weeks this past year. I plan to sell it soon and return to a one VehiCROSS family.

E-ZooZoo One
12/21/2007, 11:58 AM
Presently, somehow we're getting by with just the ONE VehiCROSS – but MARK MY WORDS, someday our 1999 Astral *will* have a stable mate… Yes, a :bwgy: Proton!

WormGod
12/21/2007, 12:27 PM
Does having one before the one you have now count? :p Had a dragon green before my ebony, until a drunk driver decided to end its life (and his).

navistar
12/21/2007, 08:52 PM
VX ownership can be addicting and may lead to ownership of two VXs. My addiction is moving rapidly in that direction. I want two Ebony's that are identical. All the same mods. Then everywhere I go I'll toe the other one. Now that would look interesting on the Interstate!!! "What...that...oh, that's just a spare."