PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Desperately.....

drdavidr4u
12/14/2007, 02:54 PM
NEED HELP DESPERATELY!!!

When I parked my VX this am , I turned the lights off along with the engine. It had run fine.
Came out noon time to find my side marker/parking lights on . Checked the light stalk switch and it was in the off position. BUT...these lights were on anyway!!

The headlights still worked, the alarm(isuzu when bought) still armed and disarmed ok. Tried to drive and it bucked stalled and all the warning lights on and off...
SOUNDS LIKE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM...BUT is there anyway to home diagnose it. I'm sure the dealer will rape me like usual....if I bring it there.

ITS STUCK IN A PARKING LOT!

I'm in NNJ...anyone know a mechanic who can handle this and doesnt charge an arm and a leg?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

creeg
12/14/2007, 03:23 PM
Isnt there a sensor in the shifter that can stick sometimes? So if you put it in drive and then put it back in park (with the engine off), it might fix it?

I dont know where I got that info from, and could be wrong- but it cant hurt to try...

LittleBeast
12/14/2007, 03:52 PM
I have had my share of electrical problems with the VX there are a few things it could be

-I had a yellow top battery that had been drained and was powerful enough to do a lot of things (alarm included) but not sustain the VX running.

-There is a master set of wires that run all the way down to the transmission that sometimes frays and causes all kinds of problems, normally the problem is around the area directly behind the drivers side headlight. You will see a thick black bunch of wires, be careful and look for anything unusual.

-This same bunch of wires goes all the way down to where the trans shifter lever plugs into the TOD and such. Could be a problem there.

-I had this entire set of wires replaced and it did not fix my transmission problem, but it has cleared up some other peoples electrical problems. Try searching you might find something else.

-Ryan

Hotsauce
12/14/2007, 04:32 PM
For now, I would pull the fuse for the lights, jump it and get it home.

Check the relays, one might be stuck.

John C.

drdavidr4u
12/14/2007, 04:54 PM
Stupid question but how do you check the relays?

I will check the wire harness as suggested also

thanks for the suggestions....I have to abandon my VX in the parking lot at work but can fiddle with it Sat am...

Any more suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks to all

Chopper
12/15/2007, 06:43 AM
I'd almost bet on harness problems. Look for any worn spots in the areas mentioned, it won't take much....look carefully.

etlsport
12/15/2007, 10:01 AM
where are you? I'm in northern new jersey until monday morn, possible I might be able to find you if you're close enough I can help checking the relays and use my vx to see if anything else looks/acts abnormal to help further diagnose

VCrossfan
12/15/2007, 11:11 AM
I think I remember a past post of a simular prob and the trouble area was wiring under the pass, seat that rubbed and grounded out..Good Luck..

CSquared2k
01/02/2008, 11:04 AM
I had the same problem or something close. I pulled the alarm fuse and then reinserted it and it hasn't happened again.