PDA

View Full Version : 7000k headlights

Solitude
12/06/2007, 10:48 PM
Hello.. I just installed these headlight bulbs.. thanks to the instructions I found on this site... was less then 2 hours to install but longer then 12 minutes.. and no busted nuckles or left over parts (cept the original bulbs). I will let ya know how they work..

jeff

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-01-ISUZU-VEHICROSS-7000K-XENON-HID-L-H-HEADLIGHTS_W0QQitemZ370001583840QQcmdZViewItem?has h=item370001583840

creeg
12/07/2007, 09:06 AM
That seems really cheap for bulbs: are they any good?

I would be suspect since they are so cheap, but I'd love to put them in if you think they are good...

It looks like they just plug right in, so I am interested. And lazy. :)

Anita
12/07/2007, 10:15 AM
I have bought and used two set of bulbs similar to these from ebay.. same price. I upped the fuse from 10 to 15 and had no problems whatsoever. I cant vouch for this particular brand - mine were under the eaglite name.

Solitude
12/07/2007, 01:29 PM
I changed the fuses today...(thanks Anita).. they are definately better then stock bulbs.. I saw halogen bulbs at checker for 20 dollars plus tax.. I figured I am ahead.. it is a brighter.. blue light.. not the yellow the stock ones are.. I like em.. and ya can't beat the price IMHO.. thanks

creeg
12/10/2007, 11:45 AM
Great! Im buyin them!

Thanks for the info.

DarkWing
12/10/2007, 09:14 PM
Give some details. What did you have to take off? What came in the package? What did you encounter along the way?
D.W.
#0147:bwgr:

johnnyapollo
12/11/2007, 03:37 AM
I've used "Super White" before off of eBay - around the same price, with good results. Used them before I went HID - which I recommend as it's more than 10x more light.

-- John

Vehi-Cross-Az
12/14/2007, 08:35 PM
The truth on those bulbs is this..
they try to give off a real HID look but in the process
actually illuminate less.
They may be Whiter, but honestly are less brighter.

Something with more of a 5000k brightness will be
whiter and brigher then stock 4300k halogen bulbs.

When they add the blue coating, for a more blue-white look
it defeats the purpose.
Reason being, blue light in the normal spectrum of light colors
doesnt travel as far as white.
They look cool at nite though and have sold hundreds of sets
of both over the last 10 yrs.
The good thing is, they didnt cost you alot.
The better 5k halogen bulbs should run about $20-25 for the pair.

Installation is pretty easy.
Pop the hood, and on the pass side, reach behind the battery
grab the connnector, squeeze firmly on both sides, and pull back
off the bulb. Then pull off the rubber boot that helps keep water
out. Push on the metal retaining clip, Release, and swing the clip
away. Remove bulb.
Before installing the new bulb, its a good idea to clean the glass with
rubbing alcohol and clean towel and dont touch with fingers. Hold
only by the metal base while installing.

Dr side, take the top of the air box off, and then remove the bottom
part to gain access to the back of the bulb, and go at it.

So-CalVX
12/25/2007, 03:35 PM
hey apollo, what is a decent price to expect to pay for an HID upgrade?.. are the stock housings ok for it?.. they aren't gonna melt are they? how much of a pain in the arse is it to do the upgrade?.. and is there any fuse work to be done afterwards? thanks bro, been thinkin bout this for a while:confused:

Ldub
12/25/2007, 04:39 PM
hey apollo, what is a decent price to expect to pay for an HID upgrade?.. are the stock housings ok for it?.. they aren't gonna melt are they? how much of a pain in the arse is it to do the upgrade?.. and is there any fuse work to be done afterwards? thanks bro, been thinkin bout this for a while:confused:

HID's draw less amperage/produce less heat than the stock halogens. Keep in mind, the 5-6000k bulbs are brighter/whiter than the higher rated bulbs.
Check out Tones site for one option. www.tonemonday.com
Also there are quite a few on ebay, just stay away from the el-cheapo's...they won't last.
You'll need a kit for H-4 system & mounting the ballast/igniters is pretty straight forward with a little imagination & a cordless drill/driver.:_wrench: