PDA

View Full Version : VIDEOS: Elephant Hill VX Run - Moab, UT 2007

nfpgasmask
12/06/2007, 10:35 PM
Ok, I spent the hours tonight and got 5 clips together. I have lots more, but these are some good highlights.

Enjoy.

Part 1 ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB5Z6RiKQ-k

Part 2 ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2qg5k06eCk

Part 3 ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TjtatQpzhs

Part 4 ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTXlbqgxtB4

Part 5 ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRMVNwpw7LY

Bart

PS - Somehow, YouTube hosed the aspect ratio for Part 1, not sure why. I'll try to fix it later....

Triathlete
12/06/2007, 11:34 PM
Cool vids...now hurry up and edit the rest! May was a long time ago!:rotate:

See you guys in May '08!:thumbup:

biju
12/07/2007, 05:41 AM
OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!!!

this is most excellent!

-biju.

nfpgasmask
12/07/2007, 08:15 AM
I think I realized what is wrong with the 1st vid's aspect ratio. I will have to fix it this weekend.

It was hard editing because in some cases I wanted to keep the in VX dialog between me and my wife (some of the cursing and what not is quite funny), but then some of it is just boring and stupid. :)

I can try to put 3 or 4 more pieces together, a lot of it is just slowly driving up and down and around....so, in some ways kinda boring because the video does no justice to the ACTUAL time spent on the trail...but it is cool nonetheless.

I just wish I had the camera rolling and off my dash for the Butters incident.

Bart

PS - I still can't believe you're leaving us Biju... :(

CrnCnn
12/07/2007, 08:34 AM
Good stuff. I dig seeing all those VX's cruising out. I cant imagine what people think as they go through the streets.

nfpgasmask
12/07/2007, 09:11 AM
Yeah, its a trip. Its killer to see so many in one place...

Bart

Good stuff. I dig seeing all those VX's cruising out. I cant imagine what people think as they go through the streets.

ZEUS
12/07/2007, 10:16 AM
The first vid alone was worth the wait! Very very very cool, I wish I could have hung out longer...

nfpgasmask
12/07/2007, 10:29 AM
Yeah, you and your 2 wheel drive VX dipped out early....

I need to fix that video...everybody is stretched!

Bart

The first vid alone was worth the wait! Very very very cool, I wish I could have hung out longer...

CrnCnn
12/07/2007, 10:48 AM
The first vid alone was worth the wait! Very very very cool

I do agree. The first one is my favorite.

I hope I get to go next year.

CrnCnn
12/07/2007, 10:52 AM
Oh yeah,

Are any of these gonna be available for download? I also want to know what music is on the first one, por favor.

ZEUS
12/07/2007, 10:55 AM
Oh yeah,

Are any of these gonna be available for download? I also want to know what music is on the first one, por favor.
There is a free program available out there that allows you to download YouTube videos!

CrnCnn
12/07/2007, 10:59 AM
There is a free program available out there that allows you to download YouTube videos!

Thanks dude I will look for it.

nfpgasmask
12/07/2007, 11:18 AM
Yeah, Zeus, what program might that be? Do tell....

The first vid is Excessive Force - Gentle Death (classic KMFDM side project).

Bart

CrnCnn
12/07/2007, 11:20 AM
I found some on Majorgeeks.com

Ldub
12/07/2007, 11:29 AM
:dance:...:thumbup:...:dance:...:thumbup:...:cool: ...:thumbup:...:dance:...:thumbup:...:dance:

#$@*&^% Bart...you made me late for work this morning...& you have my deepest appreciation.:cool:
Watching us all havin' fun in the desert made me forget about the below zero temps for a while.
Nice job & thank you. If not too much trouble, could you post musical credits in order?, I've got some updating to do in my collection.

nfpgasmask
12/07/2007, 11:54 AM
:) Glad you enjoyed it, Dub. I just wish I was there to get Ldub in the Tub rolling! Does anyone have video of that?

Music, well, let me see if I can remember:

Vid 1 is Excessive Force - Gentle Death, from the Gentle Death CD
Vid 2 open with a track from Railgun off the Delta V CD, and then Dead Hollywood Stars (can't remember the track names off the top of my head, but I will fill you in later)
Vid 3 is the Vampire Rodents - Low Orbit off the Clockseed CD (imho, their best track ever, the rest of their stuff is kinda.....crappy)
Vid 4 is some song by Scorn from the Colossus CD I think...have to check
Vid 5...ummm, thinking, oh yes, that is Scandy - Just Human, from the 13 Ways To Masturbate CD.

Some of that music is fairly old and obscure, except for the Scandy, which should be readily available cause its newer.

If you want more details, let me know....

Bart

:dance:...:thumbup:...:dance:...:thumbup:...:cool: ...:thumbup:...:dance:...:thumbup:...:dance:

#$@*&^% Bart...you made me late for work this morning...& you have my deepest appreciation.:cool:
Watching us all havin' fun in the desert made me forget about the below zero temps for a while.
Nice job & thank you. If not too much trouble, could you post musical credits in order?, I've got some updating to do in my collection.

tomdietrying
12/07/2007, 12:02 PM
I'm at work right now and of course the site is blocked. I can't wait until I get home to check it out. Thanks Bart!!!!!!
Peace.
Tom

MSHardeman
12/07/2007, 12:34 PM
Bart,

That is BEYOND bad *****!!! The fourth and fifth videos are GREAT, and when Biju and Ldub rull over the camera it's absolutely awesome. I also like your wifes "Doh!" when you hit something on the undercarriage. I do the same thing.

Thanks for pulling those together and I can't wait to see the next installments.

I do have to say that I'm a little embarrased about my tail light being out.

If someone finds out how to download those things from You Tube, or if we can post them for download on the site that would be great.

CrnCnn
12/07/2007, 12:48 PM
The one I found is pretty good.

I went to www.majorgeeks.com

Down at the search type Youtube.

The first one that came up I used. So far so good. You follow the steps to download then you might have to use the same program to convert it.

Majorgeeks is a trustworthy site and I have gone there for several things in the past.

In case something happens to mine or anyone who uses that particular product on their computer I am not responsible.

Surf smart.

nfpgasmask
12/07/2007, 01:20 PM
Tom: You are in there quite a bit, since I was right behind you for the 2nd half of the trip.

Mark: Yes, your taillight does makes me laugh! :bgwg: Did you figure it out? Just a bad connection I assume...

If you guys want to download them from YouTube that's fine, or if someone has webspace they want to put these on for download, that works too. I have all five of them compressed in WMV format, each one is about 25MB. I would put them on my web server but I have bandwidth issues to begin with.

So, anyone with the server space and badwidth who wants to give me a temp FTP login, I can dump the files there for everyone.

And so it looks like we all want some more so I will see if I can compile 3 or 4 more vids this weekend.

Bart

PS - My work blocks YouTube as well, quite annoying!

ZEUS
12/07/2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah, Zeus, what program might that be? Do tell....

BartI have never downloaded anything from YouTube but on their site you can find several different videos giving instructions on how to do it and by using what. YouTube seems to fight it a little and some programs no longer work.

nfpgasmask
12/07/2007, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I used to have a program to download music off MySpace too, but then they changed their code and it don't work no more...

Bart

I have never downloaded anything from YouTube but on their site you can find several different videos giving instructions on how to do it and by using what. YouTube seems to fight it a little and some programs no longer work.

MSHardeman
12/07/2007, 04:08 PM
**THREAD JACK**

Bart,

I never had to figure the tail light out. I never touched it and it works fine now. Maybe Vicki was winking at you the whole time.

**THREAD JACK OVER**

nfpgasmask
12/07/2007, 04:10 PM
LOL, you know, I should name my VX....

Bart

**THREAD JACK**

Bart,

I never had to figure the tail light out. I never touched it and it works fine now. Maybe Vicki was winking at you the whole time.

**THREAD JACK OVER**

Phantom
12/07/2007, 07:30 PM
Man, that sure looked like a load of fun! Enjoyed all of those vids. For someone who hasn't been to moab before, seeing all those vx's crawling at once is truly Badass! If you have more, I'd love to see 'em!

Dumke
12/07/2007, 09:40 PM
Awesome, job well done BART.

....... waiting for '08

navistar
12/08/2007, 01:32 AM
The ultimate on road driving experience...a convoy of VXs...mmmmmmmm!!!

Ldub
12/09/2007, 09:15 AM
:) Glad you enjoyed it, Dub. I just wish I was there to get Ldub in the Tub rolling! Does anyone have video of that?

Music, well, let me see if I can remember:

Vid 1 is Excessive Force - Gentle Death, from the Gentle Death CD
Vid 2 open with a track from Railgun off the Delta V CD, and then Dead Hollywood Stars (can't remember the track names off the top of my head, but I will fill you in later)
Vid 3 is the Vampire Rodents - Low Orbit off the Clockseed CD (imho, their best track ever, the rest of their stuff is kinda.....crappy)
Vid 4 is some song by Scorn from the Colossus CD I think...have to check
Vid 5...ummm, thinking, oh yes, that is Scandy - Just Human, from the 13 Ways To Masturbate CD.

Some of that music is fairly old and obscure, except for the Scandy, which should be readily available cause its newer.

If you want more details, let me know....

Bart

Thanks Bart
Gonna go do a little shopping today to see what I can find.

nfpgasmask
12/09/2007, 11:32 AM
You might find the Excessive Force CDs, since KMFDM just re-released these CDs remastered (they have been out of print for like 10 years), but the rest of that stuff you probably won't find at a store, unless you have a store in your area that specialized in underground music.

If you are serious about picking any of it up, I can point you in the right direction. Of the stuff that is available, mail order will probably be the only option, and for the out of print stuff, eBay or GEMM would be the best.

Out of all the music there, I recommend Dead Hollywood Stars the most. If you can find "Junctions" and "Gone West", I would DEFINITELY buy them. Absolutely amazing stuff, imho.

Bart

Thanks Bart
Gonna go do a little shopping today to see what I can find.

nocturnalVX
12/09/2007, 03:38 PM
Great reminders of how awesome Moab is, and how much fun it was to wheel with all of you. See you in May!

nfpgasmask
12/09/2007, 03:47 PM
Yeah, dude, I just love part 4 with you gunning up the trail...its soo funny and cool!

;) Bart

Great reminders of how awesome Moab is, and how much fun it was to wheel with all of you. See you in May!