PDA

View Full Version : How do I put my emblems back on?

Vxpinoy
12/05/2007, 11:04 PM
Just got my VX sprayed...I removed my emblems b4 it went to paint and now i want to put them back on! help a brother out mayne...

rowhard
12/06/2007, 04:42 AM
well, if you didn't stretch or abuse them in anyway, 3m sells Plastic and Emblem Adhesive, part number 08061. can get it at any auto body paint store or better auto parts stores.

Ldub
12/06/2007, 05:04 AM
Leave it de-badged...
Not only does it look better, it's easier to wash & wax. Also adds to the WTF factor when people are trying to figure out what it is.

johnnyapollo
12/06/2007, 07:21 AM
Most that I know who get repaints spring for new or leave them off.

-- John

nfpgasmask
12/06/2007, 08:03 AM
I'm with the Dubster and Johnny. Stay clean and debadged...

Bart

tom4bren
12/06/2007, 08:39 AM
Also, I have a guy in Canada making up replacements for the pillar badges. They will be applique' (sticker) instead of the mylar/plastic/whatever that was stock.

I haven't checked his website lately so don't know if they are available yet. There are some pix in my gallery of what we are trying to do.

I'll try to get a status update today or tomorrow.

Chopper
12/06/2007, 03:48 PM
3M makes a sheet adhesive.....you press the emblem on the sheet, when you lift it, the adhesive stays on the back. I'll get you a part number in the am. (generally, we buy a new emblem set...everything is pre-spaced, lined up, and ready to go. It's tough to get everything set correctly, and you only get one shot........on the other hand, a complete emblem set will cost a couple hundred bucks. If you've a bit of an artist in you, you can pull it off.....masking tape, a ruler, and a china marker (grease pen) take your time, make sure the badge backs are very clean, before you start.)

tom4bren
12/07/2007, 11:47 AM
Got an email from Peter Grant. He hopes to have the VX applique's up on his website for sale in a week or two. Don't start holding your breath yet though.