PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer CDX PD6

nyc #1 ironman
06/09/2003, 10:21 AM
Can anyone tell me where I can get one of these? So, many people on the board recommend this along with the DEH-P930. I

Reg Hinnant
06/09/2003, 11:44 AM
I purchased one on ebay. Be careful of the seller. I got a bad one and the seller refused to make it good or give a refund even though I returned it to him. Purchased another & it works fine with the new Pioneer radio.

nyc #1 ironman
06/09/2003, 11:52 AM
where did you get the new one ?

TDAWG
06/09/2003, 12:21 PM
I'm not sure if this what your looking for but check here:
http://www.crutchfield.com/
They got really good price and will supply you with anything you need at no extra cost.

Dallas4u
06/09/2003, 12:22 PM
You can find one here (http://nexxon.com/premier/cdchangers.htm) for $352. They are hard to come across anymore.

AlaskaVX
06/09/2003, 12:44 PM
Dallas4U thats exactly what I have been looking for! Thanx for posting the link. However it just so happens that I am broke right now and thats pretty spendy. For another $150 you can get a digital media player and have a lot more music with no skipping. Looks like I am going to go with a digital media player. Well it's so far in the future I don't even know why I'm getting into this, 6 months down the road there will be something better :)

Dallas4u
06/09/2003, 02:10 PM
Hell, if you wait long enough, you can pick up anything (new or used) cheap(er) (relatively speaking). Pioneer makes a sweet hard drivebased headunit, as does Sony. There have been multiple MP3 headunits on the market (RioCar being one that I have owned as well). I liked the RioCar, but I found it to have WAY too many options for my liking (or needing), so I felt more comfortable going back to a single-CD headunit. I may purchase the 6-disc changer someday, or may end up going to some more advanced media player... who knows, but I'm happy with what I bought so far!

By the way... I try to NEVER pay MSRP for anything. If I have to buy used, then I buy used or may refurbished. Usually you can find good deals on new equipment on the net if you look hard enough.

Reg Hinnant
06/09/2003, 03:31 PM
The CDX-PD6 units usually go for around $200.00 on ebay. The 2nd one I got was a refurbished one and works great. It does not skip like the Isuzu did.

paultvx
06/09/2003, 03:49 PM
eBay is a flea market. Would you trust anything you buy at a flea market? or even a flea market where you can't examine the merchanise before purchasing? Couple months ago I bought a DEI backup siren for the alarm I've been planning to install. The listing showed a current model siren, what I received was a 7 year old model. I contacted the seller and she insisted that what she did was not false representation and acted like she was doing me such a great favor by offering a refund sans return shipping cost. Unless it's a durable item represented by good photographs, my advice is to flee from eBay.

Crutchfield has great customer service. But, their prices are nothing near street price (unless it's on sale). Usually slightly lower than MSRP and not much more. Sounddomain.com's service is not nearly as good, but they do have better prices. If you look around hard enough you can find some incredible prices online, but beware. Many of these discount dealers aren't authorized dealers and will not honor warranty repairs. If they do, it's a real hassle to ship the item back and forth.

For example, I bought a Yamaha 5.1 Receiver from etronics.com 2 years ago. While it was the best home theater receiver I've ever owned, it quit after a year. When I tried to have it repaired, I found out etronics wasn't an authorized dealer (which explains the $100 price difference) and what warranty I had with Yamaha was basically void. Etronic did take it back for repairs but failed to repair it correctly. The receiver became a pile of junk.

Buyer beware.

lostemple
06/10/2003, 06:56 AM
Why would you want an outdated peice of audio equipment in your VX? There are some very nice CD/DVD/MP3 head units available now. Not everybody needs the LCD screen, but considering DVD and MP3 are stardards now and in the immediate future why wouldn't you get them?

1. Alpine DVA-7996 DVD/CD/MP3 Receiver with Ai-NET Changer Controls

2.Clarion Joyride AM/FM/DVD/MP3 w/CD Changer Controller

3. w/LCD Pioneer AVH-P6500DVD 6.5-inch Wide LCD/DVD/MP3 Receiver

There are some lower end models that can get you by like Pyle for much cheaper.

JMO

nyc #1 ironman
06/10/2003, 07:48 AM
The thing is, is that I have customized my dashboard and don't want to have to cut it in any way and was told that the cdx pd6 fits right in the slot with no alterations. Are there any other systems that slip right in?

Dallas4u
06/10/2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by lostemple

1. Alpine DVA-7996 DVD/CD/MP3 Receiver with Ai-NET Changer Controls = $850

2.Clarion Joyride AM/FM/DVD/MP3 w/CD Changer Controller = $2300

3. w/LCD Pioneer AVH-P6500DVD 6.5-inch Wide LCD/DVD/MP3 Receiver = $1250

There are some lower end models that can get you by like Pyle for much cheaper.

JMO

Sure, you could buy Pyle, and you could buy Kraco. Pyle may not be as bad as Kraco, but would YOU buy Pyle? You could spend a crap load on multimedia equipment for your VX, but there is no reason for me to have DVD in my VX. I don't spend enough time in the passanger seat, and people don't spend enough time in the back to watch it. An LCD screen would be cool, but I don't need it or have the funds for it. A $2300 Clarion Joyride would be neat-o, but come on.

You can find nice, cheaper mp3 headunits out there if that is what you want.

-x-
06/10/2003, 12:35 PM
Keep in mind u can put it in the cd changers slot and a ps2 where the radio goes ;Dy; like me. i REALLY like that set-up ;pb; ...x