PDA

View Full Version : More updates on site features

Moncha
11/30/2007, 08:58 PM
Been busy again!

Ok here's the latest batch of updates. The list is in no particular order.

- Jump to your last post, you will see a little arrow in the thread lists (either on the home page of the forum page). Clicking on that little arrow will take you to your last post within that thread. You will still be able to click on the link that will take you to THE last post with in that thread. I liked this feature on the last board as I couldn't remeber what I had posted in threads that I had participated in and this allows me to see if I actually had posted.

- Unread Posts, The number on the top is the unread posts, all of them, ever. It's using the datatbase to keep track rather than cookies which have proven unreliable. The numbers on the bottom, show how many unread and total PM you have. To clear the total number of post that have been unread, click on the "Quick Links" link and then on "Mark Forums Read".

- Lucky Button, this si just a fun one. For donating members, they can click this and it will pretty much do the same as the "I fell lucky" button on google but, it's for the site. This will take you to random posts (in certain forums) through out the site, even the archive. While testing, it wsa alot of fun reading thing that folks can come up with.

- Easy insert photos into posts. It's back! You will fine the link in the same place as the old one when posting (Advanced edit view). It will bring up a pop up window showing 16 thumbnails from your gallery. You can go through the different pages by clicking the links in the lower right corner. You still have options on the way the photo will be posted, pick by the links at the top of the window. 1. Clickable Thumbnail (linked to gallery), 2. Clickable Thumbnail (open in a new window), 3. Thumnail only, 4. Original image. The other dropdown will allow you to choose the alignment of the photo in the post.

- Favorite smilies. In your User Control Panel, you will find a link that will alow you to set 15 favorite smiles, since we have so many and I'll probably be adding more. Though this would make life a little easier.

- The "Who's in chat" has been fixed

- Latest members are now showing and instead of just the one new member, it shows the newest 5. Just a little more recognition for joining the family.

- Newest contributing members, this will show the last 5 NEW donating members. I've not figureed a way of having it show the re-newing members but, I am workingon it.. YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN!

- A new feature, I hope you like is the "Check for similar threads". When creating a new thread (In certain forums), you normally type in a thread title. Nothing has changed here but, when you click in the body section after putting in your title, the system will search for keywords in your title and then display a list of similar threads. It's not that I don't want you to post, but I though if it could help you find the info you are looking for, faster, then what the heck. Let me know how you like it.. On a side note, I am looking at a prefix mode where you would be able to select a prefix to go with your title so as to alert that the thread is a question, tip, joke, or what have you.

- Donation bar, when we did the switch over to the new server, the suggestion was made to have something show where we were at as far a donation goals. Well we now have the "Donation bar", a simple graphical and numerical block that will show where we stand on a monthly basis.

ZEUS
11/30/2007, 10:54 PM
:eek: You are going all out... and it is much appreciated. I have been drinking so I can say... I love you, man!

Moncha
12/01/2007, 05:59 AM
Awwwww shucks, wished I would have seen this last night when I was drinking. :_beer:

Ldub
12/01/2007, 07:54 AM
More man love coming your direction from Fargo Boss Man...I just posted a full size image from my gallery!

YOU RULE !

Sincere thanks for all you do to make this place so enjoyable for all of us "vehicular outcasts".:cool: