PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so who is going to be the first one to bid....

JHarris1385
11/30/2007, 10:38 AM
on this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Toyota-FJ-Cruiser-Custom-Convertible-Merlon-22-s_W0QQitemZ170171421980QQihZ007QQcategoryZ133219QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

CrnCnn
11/30/2007, 10:59 AM
I think that looks worse than they normally do.

Y33TREKker
11/30/2007, 11:15 AM
What are they smoking down in TX these days that would be making them think that looks good?

Triathlete
11/30/2007, 11:18 AM
That looks pretty ghetto;puke2;;puke:;puke2;;puke:! When I think of a new FJ I think more to the tune of this...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/trailreports/offroad_expo06/fj40.jpg
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

bigkoala1
11/30/2007, 11:39 AM
ill give him two packs of jucy-fruit, a jar of alternator fluid , and the lint from my belly-button.

thats a fair trade right?:laughgray

CrnCnn
11/30/2007, 11:47 AM
ill give him two packs of jucy-fruit, a jar of alternator fluid , and the lint from my belly-button.

thats a fair trade right?:laughgray

Depends on the color of the lint

circmand
11/30/2007, 11:58 AM
I like it, not as much as my Proton VX, And there are a few things I would have done different, but not too the tune of $40000+

ZEUS
11/30/2007, 12:52 PM
Wow!! I knew they were having success with the New Beetle, but I had no idea VW was going to start offering a New Thing!!! It looks even uglier than the original Thing, but I always liked the original, at least it was cool! It's funny the owner rebadged it as a Toyota tho. :rolleyes:

Joe_Black
11/30/2007, 01:15 PM
C'mon Zeus, that's no way to malign the humble Kubelwagen. ;)

ZEUS
11/30/2007, 01:18 PM
True that, Joe! My bad... :)

Knigh7s
11/30/2007, 01:47 PM
Hey I like it!!! ;puke:

Nope, nevermind!

I've actually been looking at these FJ's, I like the TRD package, but would never consider loosing my VX for one. But I'd have to say, they did a pretty clean job.

johnnyapollo
11/30/2007, 02:09 PM
The exercise:

"Let's take something that's reasonably priced and make it look like a convertible H2, then double the price!"

dumb

-- John

mdwyer
11/30/2007, 05:24 PM
The exercise:

"Let's take something that's reasonably priced and make it look like a convertible H2, then double the price!"

dumb

-- John

Yeah, you know I sort of like how some of those FJ's look, but that thing? It looks like gumballs come out of the tailpipe...

ObElite: I couldn't actually have an FJ, though. There's too many of them out there.

2K1 1K2
11/30/2007, 05:48 PM
why, oh why...

-jose

navistar
11/30/2007, 06:06 PM
At least it's aerodynamic...............!

Chopper
11/30/2007, 06:12 PM
The "plastic, fantastic" FJ.....only, uglier, with giant, dork wheels, and even less of a reason to exist

ZEUS
11/30/2007, 10:10 PM
The "plastic, fantastic" FJ.....only, uglier, with giant, dork wheels, and even less of a reason to existThe sad thing is, the VX formerly held the title for "plastic fantastic". You would think the next contender would look at least better than the original!
I do agree though with Knigh7s, the fab-tech put into this FJ deserves some respect. It is more like a feeble success than it is a victory... but with that said, it IS a better execution than I could manage, just far below my design ability. I just realized..... it's the Homer FJ!
:homer::laughing:

Ldub
12/01/2007, 07:40 AM
Say what you wiill about the FJ, if it weren't for "wheelin' buddy Jay" & his FJ, I think there might still be some VX's "parked" at the base of the entrance/exit of Cliffhanger. Lockers Rule!:cool:

And no, I don't think making it a convertible enhances the appearance.;puke2;

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/WEDDING_PICS_07_118.jpg

JHarris1385
12/01/2007, 08:12 AM
I think you can do an FJ right and do one wrong......cant help to think of a perverted joke after typing that. This one is just wrong, reminds of something that should be in the movie "Malibu's Most Wanted."

I like Jay's mainly becuase it is blacked out (no white roof). Their aftermarket is good and only getting better, makes me jealous. 4Wheelparts have done a trail rig FJ in their magazine they send out and it looked real good with an ARB bumber.

CoastieCosta567
12/01/2007, 09:29 AM
i think the convert... is not a bad idea, but if they made it look more offraod and kinda like a wrangler and old land rover africa safari style mix, painted a dark green, off road tires and rims, lifted, and some nice offroad lights, then yeah, it would look sick, but cuz it looks like a thing, mix with a fat heary @zz, yeah its ugly ;). but can improve in the right hands.

I wish i can photoshop that crap though. :)

Chopper
12/01/2007, 10:36 AM
Given the choice, I believe I'll take the Rubicon every time. Once you get in a FJ, you'll understand where I'm coming from. It's a long way to the windscreen...and then the A pillars are like a steel pair of bell-bottom pant legs. Seriously, you can easily lose an oncoming tractor trailer in there. The front corners are impossible to see, so accurately placing a front wheel on a trail, is gonna take skill and practice. The side and rear visibility are nonexistent for all practical purposes (worse than a VX by far) and the thing is BIG. There is a tactile "feel" to the chassis of the Jeep and most Isuzu products,that lets you know exactly where all four wheels are, and what they are doing...the Toyota is much...softer? more numb? It lacked that feeling of confidence, and precision. (My wife wanted one of these, so we tried one out for a few days) Never took one on anything tougher than a shell road, but I never wanted to....it didn't make me want to. The Rubicon, was the total opposite. It made me want to sell everything, and move to a mountain top in Idaho...unfortunately, I live in Florida. The road manners of the Rubicon on asphalt are horrible:eek: I cannot live with this car! The VX is pretty special. The new car search goes on.

ZEUS
12/01/2007, 10:46 AM
I'm with ya, Chop... still crosses my mind, when I pay off the VX, a Rubi could be on the way. Out of curiousity, did you test an H3? I can't help but like some of the H3's I see. And with the 5.3L V8 Alpha, 4:1 t-case, locker and stuff in the Adventure package, you could have a nice grocery gettin' trail wagon. If Hummer comes out with the H3T and if Jeep comes out with the Gladiator... I am going to have a very tough decision to make.

CoastieCosta567
12/01/2007, 11:31 AM
if the Jeep Trailhawk, Renegad, or even better, the Hurrican ever come out, man bye bye VX, cux those 3 jeeps are so bad ***. well the VX wont go, but sure will be retiered sitting in the garage for a while.

Chopper
12/01/2007, 12:46 PM
No, I haven't driven a H3 yet. I really haven't been close to one yet. I like the butch look ok, and I'm a long time fan of the small block Chevy (we've stuck them in about everything:p) The Colorado bones don't speak well tho. Really can't judge without driving one. I drove the four door Jeep, but I can't imagine the regular Rubicon is any more fun on the road, but man is it a mountain goat! It really makes me miss rocks.

Jolly Roger VX'er
12/02/2007, 10:16 AM
4Wheelparts have done a trail rig FJ in their magazine they send out and it looked real good with an ARB bumber.

Thanks! You stole my thunder...lol. That thought no sooner popped into my head followed by the thought to reply only to see you already did....:eek::p

Triathlete
12/02/2007, 03:26 PM
Say what you wiill about the FJ, if it weren't for "wheelin' buddy Jay" & his FJ, I think there might still be some VX's "parked" at the base of the entrance/exit of Cliffhanger. Lockers Rule!:cool:

And no, I don't think making it a convertible enhances the appearance.;puke2;

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/WEDDING_PICS_07_118.jpg

The entrance/exit of cliffhanger ain't all that bad (definately don't need lockers, although they make it a lot easier)...the "little troop that could" handled it quite well a couple years back! I even remember him getting chears from the toy and jeep guys standing by watchlng!;Dy;

Ldub
12/02/2007, 04:00 PM
The entrance/exit of cliffhanger ain't all that bad (definately don't need lockers, although they make it a lot easier)...the "little troop that could" handled it quite well a couple years back! I even remember him getting chears from the toy and jeep guys standing by watchlng!;Dy;

I remember it well...I don't know if it was that much more eroded this year or what, but there wasn't a line tried that any of the VX's made it up, & yes the tried & true "E-brake shuffle" was in play.:smilewink

Triathlete
12/02/2007, 04:04 PM
They just didn't try hard enough!:bwgy:

Ldub
12/02/2007, 04:14 PM
They just didn't try hard enough!:bwgy:

Well...I guess it COULDA been that, but I really thought I was trying as hard as I could.:rolleyesg

ZEUS
12/02/2007, 04:33 PM
Well...I guess it COULDA been that, but I really thought I was trying as hard as I could.:rolleyesgOoh ooh, I got one! Uhh.. but it has bad mojo... ready? Here goes... It's as easy as riding the bicycle out of the lesser hot tub on Hells Revenge. :eek: sorry man, had to... you can slug me in Moab. :p Where's biju with the, "OH SNAP!" I need some comic relief!

Ldub
12/02/2007, 05:08 PM
:eek: sorry man, had to... you can slug me in Moab. :p Where's biju with the, "OH SNAP!" I need some comic relief!

Why you I oughta...Oh you'll be getting something at Moab in the spring...oh yes, you will.:evil:

Something far more interesting than mere physical violence...:smilewink

don moore
12/03/2007, 08:41 AM
has anyone done a topless VX yet...not counting the VX02

don moore
12/03/2007, 09:09 AM
I saw this in a write up and had to laugh......:p

Isuzu, the Japanese subsidiary of General Motors, has a pair of very interesting hybrids, one on the market and one in the concept stage. The first is the 2000 VehiCross, so named because it is a cross between a three-door sport utility vehicle, a sporty coupe and a gigantic running shoe.

heres the link..
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C01E2DF113CF93AA25756C0A96F9582 60&n=Top/Classifieds/Autos/Topics/Automobile%20Design

ZEUS
12/03/2007, 01:11 PM
Why you I oughta...Oh you'll be getting something at Moab in the spring...oh yes, you will.:evil:

Something far more interesting than mere physical violence...:smilewink Something tells me I should either:
1.) Not trust you to be my spotter.
2.) Bring lube.
:right:

Ldub
12/03/2007, 04:29 PM
Something tells me I should either:
1.) Not trust you to be my spotter.
2.) Bring lube.
:right:

Not even close...

:evil2:...:evil:...:naughty:...:freek:...:naughty: ...:evil:...:evil2:

Chopper