PDA

View Full Version : New updates and features!

Moncha
11/28/2007, 08:07 PM
Updated site features,

Here's a listing of new updates that I have installed.

- The link to a members gallery next to the avatar is back. In an active thread, click on the users name and the link is located at the bottom.

- On the same topic. When viewing a members profile, you can now see that member's four latest photo uploads, if you click on a photo, it will take you that photo in the gallery. Plus, there is a link to that users gallery.

- Contributing members, Moderators and the admin now can bump and un bump threads. For donating members, they can bump or thread that they started up to 5 times. Moderators and admin, can do both unlimited.

- As previously posted, we now have a true support category. When a problem is identified, post a specific message of question.

After the issue has been resolved, the Admin or the original poster of the topic can close the thread and it will be moved to the resolved section at the end of this category. You find the CLOSE THREAD option under the THREAD TOOLS Drop down menu.

If need be, the original poster can RE_OPEN a thread by selecting the open thread found in the same place as the close thread option.

- The big one for the day, is the new event system. In the past, we have had the event calendar and we have had the Meets Forum. The problem we had was, someone would post an event in the Meets forum, but not post the event on the calendar and Vice versa which in turn would cause a loss of interest in the event if not a complete ignore. Now, the system is automatic. When an event is posted by the calendar, a thread is automatically created in the Meets section. When an event is added to the Meets section, an entry is added to the calendar. Along with that, The RSVP system is improved. When an event is added the original poster can specify if users can RSVP (On by default) and how many guests can be brought (up to 10). In turn a member can RSVP (yes, no, maybe) and how many guest they will be bringing. This can be updated as well on both sides. The system will also send a reminder to the member that chose to respond. I hope that this will help with the attendance in future events.

- In the "Garage Sale" forums, when an item sells, there is an updated version of the 'Mark it sold" link. On the top left (Across from the Thread Tools) of the first posting, the original poster will see a link called "Mark this thread as SOLD". When the item sells, the original poster clicks that link and the thread title will show that the items has indeed been sold and the thread will then be closed. Please be responsible for your items and click this when you sell something.. I'm going to put a 90 limit on items in these forums. After that, they will be closed and removed.

- To the top button has been added to the header of each post (Next to the Report Post button). This will take you back to the top of a thread.

- The front page Thread Preview has been fixed along with several other bugs.

There will be more coming as I can get them done and I will update you when they do.

Thank you all for your patience and support!

etlsport
11/28/2007, 08:17 PM
thanks Scott! new stuff looks and works awesome!

DarkWing
11/28/2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks for all the time you put in. I do a site myself for my HAM club, and I know what it takes. Speaking of which, I guess I need to get back to working on it.

Tanx.

D.W.

ZEUS
11/29/2007, 09:57 AM
U da man! Everything is coming together nicely.

Kenny
11/30/2007, 10:42 AM
Scott,
Great job, thanks for all the hard work rebuilding the site.

But.... I do miss it from the old site when you clicked "more..." at the bottom of the home page it automatically took you to page 2 of the new threads. Here after you click "more..." you have to click again to go to the next page of new threads. (Probably wouldn't be an issue if I visited more often and kept the new threads to a minimum....:rolleyes:) Any chance we can get this feature back??

Thanks again. Just a creature of habit is all....

Moncha
11/30/2007, 01:05 PM
Well Kenny, that one is on the list. On the old forum, that was an easy to do. That link is now generated differently and I am working on changing it with out changing them all. No matter, I'll fix it.

nfpgasmask
11/30/2007, 01:37 PM
Good job Scott. You da man.

Bart

VCrossfan
12/01/2007, 10:35 AM
Hat's Off :thumbup::clap::thumbup: