PDA

View Full Version : Help with Mods/Additions

VXRaven
11/26/2007, 11:57 AM
Hey, everyone! I'm looking to mod my 2001 VX and I'm trying to find an updated website or store where I can find parts and/or mod kits or shops that I can take my VX to in order to get this done, please reply to this thread or email me with any info you may have at snowwolf83@hotmail.com.

Thanks!!

nfpgasmask
11/26/2007, 12:03 PM
What kinda mods are you looking to do?

Bart

Hey, everyone! I'm looking to mod my 2001 VX and I'm trying to find an updated website or store where I can find parts and/or mod kits or shops that I can take my VX to in order to get this done, please reply to this thread or email me with any info you may have at snowwolf83@hotmail.com.

Thanks!!

cyronman
11/26/2007, 12:05 PM
Welcome.
It all depends on what exactly you want to do. Be specific and people will point you in the right direction.
Best thing you can do is familiarize yourself with the "SEARCH" feature on this site. The answers are out there.
It's probably thee most useful tool a VX owner has at his disposal.

Good luck.
Cy

VXRaven
11/26/2007, 12:48 PM
Well, I'd like to lift it (approximately 3") and get larger tires for it. I don't do off-roading, but I'm definitely going for looks and handling.

I'm looking to get some new plastic covers for the headlights, new panel for the hood, and some spot lights for the roof. Since i had bought it used from someone who had done a butcher's job on the poor VX, I need to get it fixed up with a new electric box that can handle the halogen lights and other electrical crap the previous owner added on there, but didn't bother to upgrade its electrical output. Needless to say I've been having difficulty with lights shutting off.

Also, the entire bottom is rusted out due to the owner's city being a snow and salt haven. So I need to find a way to clean that off.

It's a laundry list of things that I want to do to this PUV to make it tip-top. Any help would be great. Thanks ya'll.

etlsport
11/26/2007, 02:16 PM
check my gallery for a custom made light rack

i think that lifting and handling are enemies but if you want to lift look at www.rocky-road.com a lot of people just put OME912 springs in the rear and turn the front torsion bars.. this gives you about 2.5" and then larger tires will add more. Flipping your ball joint will help with alignment afterwards

but look for energy suspension greasable polyurethane swaybar bushings they help with body roll

i dont know if anyone makes the inserts.. but u might be able to order a new one from merlin at st charles isuzu (dont know the number offhand but a search should find it quickly)

DarkWing
11/26/2007, 06:20 PM
I've had my VX for only about a month and I'v eidentified several things I want to try to do. I want to replace the "fog" lights with real ones that like, work and show the road. I need to replace the gaskets/seals surrounding the headlights, and I'd like to find a way to clear up the foggy plastic of the headlights. I am also looking into a gate popper of my own design. Those are just to name a few. Like a prior post said, list what you want to do, and if I find it while I'm looking for my stuff, I'll forward it to you.

Tanx.
D.W.

etlsport
11/26/2007, 06:26 PM
... just do a search.. pretty much all your stuff u listed is well documented here www.tonemonday.com sells popper kits for the rear door with very well documented instructions on regular installations as well as installations for remote triggering from the stock remote.

headlight fogginess is easily cleared up with some very very fine sand paper(1000-2000 grit) and polishing pads

for the fog lights there is a how to written on how to put hella micro lamps in the stock location or you can use piaa W2 bulbs to give a good deal of light

johnnyapollo
11/26/2007, 08:05 PM
The seals for the headlights are available from Merlin (around $19 each from what I remember).

-- John