PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday

Mark B
11/23/2007, 06:22 AM
I can't believe that I got up at 4:30 a.m. to go to Circuit City to stand in line with about 500 people who got their before me to try and get some early deals for Christmas. I drove by Best Buy whick had a longer line that CC.
I waited an hour to get into the store and I knew all the deals would be gone by then. I was so worried about my VX in the parking lot. My visions were that the VX would be dented by the time I got out of Circuit City. No dings. I did get Nortons System Works/Anti Virus for free after all the main in rebates. Not I am at home surfing vehicross.info. Will not go our again to the stores until after this weekend.
I forgot what a disaster Black Friday can be.

alanbradley
11/23/2007, 07:41 AM
Thankfully not something we have over here, and having read what some other are saying about it here (http://forum.thesmallprint.org/index.php?topic=14606.0) I'm pretty blooming glad...

Glad you got at least one bargain though!

A

nfpgasmask
11/23/2007, 08:16 AM
I can't believe I got up at 7:00 and had to come to work...bogus.

Bart

PS - Black Friday is a joke if you ask me. The savings aren't worth the hassle or the time...

VCrossfan
11/23/2007, 12:34 PM

Bart

PS - Black Friday is a joke if you ask me. The savings aren't worth the hassle or the time...

Yep I agree, the Blackfriday prices in a brick and mortar store are the everyday online (ebay) prices if you look hard enough...sleep in

nfpgasmask
11/23/2007, 01:01 PM
Yep I agree, the Blackfriday prices in a brick and mortar store are the everyday online (ebay) prices if you look hard enough...sleep in

You know, it really sucks sometimes too. I mean, aside from shoes and clothes, I buy EVERYTHING online. And for me, its not just the prices, its the selection and availability. I mean, 90% of the stuff I want I just can't find in stores, so I have no choice but to buy online. It gets really old waiting for everything to come in the mail, but I guess its the future...

Bart

JHarris1385
11/24/2007, 09:42 AM
Best buy did have a Toshiba laptop with printer for $220, thats all I have to say.
I agree black friday prices are everyday ebay prices. Id rather click than wait to find a parking spot.

mdwyer
11/24/2007, 04:56 PM

Well, I had full intentions of sleeping in till noon, at least. But the UPS on my home computer chose that morning to fail the battery test. When it wants a new battery, it is INSISTENT about it.

So my black friday shopping was limited to Batteries Plus, where I dropped $40 on a box full of caustics and lead. Weeee.

MZ-N10
11/26/2007, 12:44 PM
i stood in front of frys electronics for....5 hours to get my hands on a 200 dollar quadcore and seom ram....only to find out i could have gotten teh ram online and the quadcore on fleabay.......;)

circmand
11/26/2007, 01:28 PM
Black Friday may have good prices but they do not compare to the days after XMas. Retailers know it is the end of the year and stock has to go. As far as online I go there to purchase most clothing items since retailers only stock for people who are tall and thin.

etlsport
11/26/2007, 02:09 PM
heh i have lots of fun black friday.. its like a sport... usually dont buy anything although this year my VX got navigation

Chopper
11/26/2007, 03:11 PM
I worked. It wasn't so black...we're banging and that's a good thing. I almost went in Thursday, but the prospect of an angry(still hurting from back surgery) wife, nixxed that pretty quickly...she was having none of it:p

wekilled
11/27/2007, 07:16 AM
Black Friday wasnt too bad at the PX here on Fort Lewis. I got up at 0500 to snag a 52" LCD tv at $1100 off and with no tax to boot. It was a Sharp Aqueos at $1599 on sale.

I guess its a small perk for getting shot at and blown up for 15 months straight. I still need to fork out the dough for cables and a wall mount.

(remember when you just plugged a TV in and the most you did was apply tinfoil to the antennas or turn the useless knob next to the channel knob?)