PDA

View Full Version : Sooo.....Whaddya think??? (way OT)

Ldub
11/16/2007, 04:42 AM
I'd like for you all to take a look at a new twist on an old product & give me your honest opinion. Keep in mind that this is only a prototype & would be finished in real carbon fiber if I decide to produce & sell these.

Thanks for looking.

MrCrowley
11/16/2007, 05:15 AM
Hey- I like it. Nothing beats good cutlery in the kitchen. Especially something unique and different. Good job!:thumbup:

biju
11/16/2007, 05:41 AM
i'm *always* looking to have the latest in knife-ware for my crazy knife wielding activities. especially when it involves the vx.

two scally-wag thumbs up.

-beeej.

fuzzy
11/16/2007, 06:01 AM
I've always liked this:

http://www.perpetualkid.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1816

WormGod
11/16/2007, 07:06 AM
Funny, I am a HUGE fan of blades, but normally of the swinging, slaughtering sort of way. God knows I could sell all of my swords and probably pay off 1/2 of my home.

But ya, that goes with saying, all cutlery is a plus. I seriously cant recall the brand of the kitchen knife set I bought last year, but these little buggers rule. Spent a little much but they look great and are sharp enough to cut a hole in time and space, heh. Knives last and work great as long as you take care of them.

That C/F bit though, I dont know. Maybe in the garage, but not so sure about a kitchen, heh. But hey, to each his own. It's still good looking.

ZEUS
11/16/2007, 08:15 AM
WHERE'S THE SKULL AND CROSSBONES?! I think it would look great in a kitchen with stainless appliances and granite counters, which I don't have. I really like the holder fuzzy posted. Too funny!

nfpgasmask
11/16/2007, 10:13 AM
Nice! We just bought a small set of Wustoff. Talk about sharp! These knives are nice.

I have an idea for a kitchen, but I never could make it happen. I want to do a kitchen that is designed just like a biology lab. Black slab counters, bunsen burners for the stove, dissection trays and scalpels and such for tableware, beakers and graduated cylinders for glassware. Medical cabinetry, stainless steel everywhere.... Yeah, yeah, I'm crazy...but it would look really cool!

So, you make this stuff, Dub?

Bart

tom4bren
11/16/2007, 10:21 AM
"I have an idea for a kitchen, but I never could make it happen. I want to do a kitchen that is designed just like a biology lab. Black slab counters, bunsen burners for the stove, dissection trays and scalpels and such for tableware, beakers and graduated cylinders for glassware. Medical cabinetry, stainless steel everywhere.... Yeah, yeah, I'm crazy...but it would look really cool!"

Can't wait to see you talk your wife into that:p

nfpgasmask
11/16/2007, 10:28 AM
"I have an idea for a kitchen, but I never could make it happen. I want to do a kitchen that is designed just like a biology lab. Black slab counters, bunsen burners for the stove, dissection trays and scalpels and such for tableware, beakers and graduated cylinders for glassware. Medical cabinetry, stainless steel everywhere.... Yeah, yeah, I'm crazy...but it would look really cool!"

Yeah, naagonnahappin. That's why its good to have her around. She keeps me from going off the deep end. :) If I lived by myself things would be pretty extreme. The cool thing is, we kind of balance eachother out that way. But in our new house, the garage is mine, and it will be my lair. :evil:

Bart

Ldub
11/16/2007, 11:54 AM
So, you make this stuff, Dub?

Bart
Well, sort of...I'm not making my own knives...yet.

The knife block started life as an 8 foot 2x6, after I cut all the slots, I covered the outside with 1/2" melamine so the stick on fake CF would have a smooth surface to stick to.
Clad the lower part where the shears are with some aluminium sheet that was supposed to be a toe kick on a door.
I love scavenging the bargain bin at the local hardware store(s).;)

I was also thinking of making one that would be "pure bachelor", & skinning it out with aluminium diamond plate...but that might be a little much.

Thanks to all for the feedback.

Ldub
11/16/2007, 12:01 PM

I like that...kind of a "Frankenkitchen". It would be too cool.
My dream kitchen is going to have aluminium/glass cabinets with lots of exposed stainless cap screws holding it all together, think Oakley sunglass display & you'll be getting close.;)

mdwyer
11/16/2007, 08:20 PM
I was also thinking of making one that would be "pure bachelor", & skinning it out with aluminium diamond plate...but that might be a little much.

Ahem... My kitchen is done in diamond plate... In my defense, I bought it that way. Still, I'm thinking I should get one of those giant rolling tool boxes and use it to hold silverware and spices...

Ldub
11/16/2007, 08:32 PM
Ahem... My kitchen is done in diamond plate... In my defense, I bought it that way. Still, I'm thinking I should get one of those giant rolling tool boxes and use it to hold silverware and spices...

LOL...uhhh, yeah, I meant for a knife block it would be a little much...
for a whole kitchen it would be perfect...:rolleyes: yeah, that's it...

Any chance you would post some pics?

mdwyer
11/19/2007, 09:15 PM
Any chance you would post some pics?

It is only the backsplash and the shelf over the stove that's been done in it. As bizarre as it looks, it does bother me in one important way: magnets don't stick to it!

http://www.timestreamtech.com/purikura/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3525&g2_serialNumber=2

Ldub
11/20/2007, 05:17 AM
It is only the backsplash and the shelf over the stove that's been done in it. As bizarre as it looks, it does bother me in one important way: magnets don't stick to it!

http://www.timestreamtech.com/purikura/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3525&g2_serialNumber=2

I like it !!! And if you really need a magnet to stick to it, my helpful hint of the day is...3M double stick tape.;)

circmand
11/20/2007, 07:32 AM
I think the desin would be better for BBQ tools and utensils rather than in the kitchen the domain of she who must be obeyed.

Mark B
11/20/2007, 11:08 AM
Don't know of the carbon fiber design would fit into the average kitchen design.
Might be good for the garage.