PDA

View Full Version : the big three..

etlsport
11/15/2007, 06:48 AM
I'll be getting started on changing my audio setup around today.. and as most know.. my VX has enough lights and speakers and other random electrical goodies to run a small theater so I figure while I'm in there i should go ahead and upgrade "the big 3" question is.. um.. how do i do it? lol :_confused I'm running a 4ga power to my amp (5ch).. I'm not familiar with the alternator wiring at all, so to anyone who has done it already could you give a quick description (w/ locations) of what you did.. this is probably easier than im anticipating, just want to know what im in for before going out and getting materials

Triathlete
11/15/2007, 02:29 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about Dave Scott, Mark Allen and Scott Tinley...triathlons "Big 3"!

kpaske
11/15/2007, 10:16 PM
Here's a post to get you started:

http://www.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/312025/page/1#Post312025

The negative to engine and engine to chassis wires are very easy to find on the VX - just follow the black wire from the battery down to the engine block, and you'll see another wire running from the same point down to the chassis. The positive to alternator is pretty well buried though so you might need to look at the manual to help locate it. Do you have the CD shop manual?

HTH