11/14/2007, 05:32 PM
edit

Ldub
11/14/2007, 05:56 PM
Now THAT is some handy information!

Good find, thanks for sharing.

rowhard
11/14/2007, 06:36 PM
Mark, superb video's. Please consider contacting Scott so that he can add them to the Vehicross dot info library.

Scott, if your looking, grab them, even my wife could do a belt change with these videos and she doesn't know the difference between a table saw and a screwdriver. Sorry girls, but you have to know my beautiful adorable wife to understand. I love her dearly, but damn,....

Knigh7s
11/14/2007, 06:53 PM
Wow, Thanks! Now I have more confidence in changing my Tbelt. I think I'm going to take care of that Thanksgiving weekend!!! :)

Anychance you can send me some higher quality ones for the VX Lounge?

deermagnet
11/15/2007, 02:56 PM
Any chance you can send me some higher quality ones for the VX Lounge?
Sorry, I don't have anything significantly better to send you at this time. As always, right click and save what's there.

Yeah, having a video of a complex repair is about as good as it gets. Today I added the text instructions for both types of belt replacement as a companion to the vids.

Mark

psychos2
11/15/2007, 03:32 PM
I changed mine a few weeks ago and there is one important thing to do that may save you a big headache. Mark all the timing marks on the belt before you take the OLD belt off. The belt that I purchased did not have the correct marks on it. It was the correct size but did not have the correct marks. It was not an isuzu belt. So make sure to mark the belt before removing. shawn

rowhard
11/15/2007, 03:34 PM
Sure like to see this filed over on the left under 'Tip's and How To's'.

Mark B
11/15/2007, 04:37 PM
Awsome thread. I will use it as a reference when I get ready to do the timing belt.

Maugan_VX
11/26/2007, 08:09 PM
I was just about to say... "ROTATE IT WITH OLD BELT ON FIRST"

I see Isuzu and OvergrownRatMagnet are on top of things :)

Took me and John S. (Master VX mechanic!) about 8 hours total to put on belt and new water pump and put everything back together.