PDA

View Full Version : Wiper Blade Arms and Bolts around Gas Tank Fill?

VXNIT
11/13/2007, 07:13 PM
OK, live in FL, and the weather has killed my wiper arms and the bolts around the tnk filler are all rusted inside. Any options regarding replacement arms and bolts in black out ther. Please advise. Thanks

etlsport
11/13/2007, 08:14 PM
sand the wiper arms down and repaint them, just 1 bolt each to remove them (maybe mark positions so you remember) exactly where they were, pretty simple.. just make sure to allow dry time so the paint can harden, rustoleum works fine then use a matte clearcoat to protect (there is a plastic dome over the bolts you need to remove)

as for the bolts in the .. try home depot.. in the hardware section they have a lot of bolts that are similar in size in drawers next to the carriage bolts and stuff like that... can probably find replacements for all of them.. when you take them out just be sure to get the nuts that are behind (i think there are 3 nuts behind, if you dont have the VX manual you should download it, it shows the position of all the stuff behind the fuel door

Ldub
11/13/2007, 09:48 PM
I replaced all the cap screws around the gas door with stainless from the local hardware store.
It helps to remove one & bring it with to get the right (metric) thread pitch & length.

MSHardeman
11/14/2007, 09:33 AM
My wiper arms are starting to look kinda bad too. I was thinking of having them powder coated so I wouldn't have to worry about them ever again.