PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Veterans!!!

IndianaVX
11/10/2007, 09:24 PM
Hopefully one day, we will all understand how lucky we are for your service.

for those who served, and those who serve, THANK YOU

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

be sure to thank any vets you see, today, or anyday.

Triathlete
11/10/2007, 09:52 PM
And thank you for thanking us!:winky:
Semper Fi!

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
11/10/2007, 11:15 PM
Thank you Veterans, I am sorry you had go to war and die or have your limbs blown off in Iraq so Bush could get even with Saddam for Sept 11th...Thanks for bringing freedom to Iraq, because they are so much better off now than before.I would like to thank all the veterans who are now living homeless in the streets eating out of garbage cans.I am sure you feel especially thanked by,and cared for by the US government. Your service will not be forgotten( till the next big war).I am sorry you have had to face death while criminals in business suits profited from the commerce of destruction. Your bravery is commendable, and I hope that next time your put in harms way it won't be to keep our oil companies profit margins in the black.

don moore
11/10/2007, 11:50 PM
GARY OWEN
(Salute)
thx:)

WiSDoM
11/11/2007, 04:47 AM
Thank you Veterans, I am sorry you had go to war and die or have your limbs blown off in Iraq so Bush could get even with Saddam for Sept 11th...Thanks for bringing freedom to Iraq, because they are so much better off now than before.I would like to thank all the veterans who are now living homeless in the streets eating out of garbage cans.I am sure you feel especially thanked by,and cared for by the US government. You service will not be forgotten( till the next big war).I am sorry you have had to face death while criminals in business suits profited from the commerce of destruction. Your bravery is commendable, and I hope that next time your put in harms way it won't be to keep our oil companies profit margins in the black.

What an *** hole

Ldub
11/11/2007, 07:23 AM
What an *** hole

Seidmanrob
11/11/2007, 07:37 AM
As a veteran I appreciate your thanks. As for HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE, this forum is not the place for your political rants. It was because of a veteran that you have the ability to speak your small mind.

Bob

MustangO4
11/11/2007, 08:21 AM
Thanks a lot guys. It's your support that makes it worth while. It's easy when the war is popular like it was in '03, but it is now that your thanks and support is most apreciated. Happy birthday too fellow Marines 232 and counting. As for HWJ, you're welcome.

crager34
11/11/2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks for thanking us. AND.... I thank all the current, serving soldiers, including my son (Marines) and all the other Veterans as well.

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE - Definitely not the place for this. Do yourself a favor next time and vote for the right politicians. I'd tell you one of those is, but this isn't the place.

Ron Paul ;)

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
11/11/2007, 08:58 AM
As a veteran I appreciate your thanks. As for HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE, this forum is not the place for your political rants. It was because of a veteran that you have the ability to speak your small mind.

Bob
...and I spoke it. I don't believe I said anything durogitory about men/women who served our country, just the politicians and policies that have put our kids in body bags day after day.

MustangO4
11/11/2007, 09:14 AM
...and I spoke it. I don't believe I said anything durogitory about men/women who served our country, just the politicians and policies that have put our kids in body bags day after day.

Well, allegedly the criterion for something being derogatory or offensive is not what you meant, but how it was interpreted by the receiving party. That being said, I found your comments rude, offensive and obviously from the position of someone who has no idea what they are talking about. However you are completely entitled to your opinion and I will continue to dedicate my life to ensuring you can freely express it. Again, you're welcome.
Looking at your posts this seems to be a trend for you. I am glad you can freely express yourself here, but man it’s just a car forum.

Chopper
11/11/2007, 09:53 AM
Indiana...No worries. Do it again in an instant. Wasabi...No worries...I understood your intent, was not offended---even agreed with alot of the sentiment....but I've been around a bit, and I'll take this system, and work to make it better over any of the others I've seen. I don't expect them to keep me off the streets...or give me anything else for that matter. You are responsible for your own destiny...I repeat....I'D do it again in an instant

Dino
11/11/2007, 11:19 AM
I'd like to thank my Dad. He turned 94 Nov. 5th.

Yeah, those vets and all others fought for our "right to free speech" among other things,
so guess what? I going to use that right, here and now. ;)

It seems to me that the people who want to spread democracy abroad THE MOST,
are the ones that toletate it THE LEAST on our own soil!!!!!

Free speech right up until I don't agree with it... SHUT UP!!!

Why is that? :confused:

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE , well said. ;)

crager34, I find your post a bit distasteful, but I'm glad you BOTH could find a place to do your politicing! :rolleyes:

How bout that? :eek:
I took sides!
I took a stand!

Isn't that what the vets did as well?
Yes, only they laid their life on the line! It's different. But the intent is the same. Conviction in what you believe to be right!

Happy Veteran's Day to all vets! The day is yours! :)

And to my Dad:
Walter M. Segovis
Served one year aboard a liberty ship in the Merchant Marines, WWII
3" Gun Crew

Thanks Dad!! :thanx:

MustangO4
11/11/2007, 12:32 PM
Thank your dad for all of us. This wouldn't be possible at all if not for the "greatest generation".

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
11/11/2007, 02:41 PM
Well, allegedly the criterion for something being derogatory or offensive is not what you meant, but how it was interpreted by the receiving party. That being said, I found your comments rude, offensive and obviously from the position of someone who has no idea what they are talking about. However you are completely entitled to your opinion and I will continue to dedicate my life to ensuring you can freely express it. Again, you're welcome.
Looking at your posts this seems to be a trend for you. I am glad you can freely express yourself here, but man it’s just a car forum.

Ok, If this is just a car forum then how appropriate is it to be thanking veterans in here? With all due respect to the vehicross veterans who frequent this forum,Veterans nationwide who own a vehicross must be in about the .000001 percentile. So wouldn't it be more appropriate to go to a vet's hospital, look them in the eyes, shake hands (if possible) and thank them for their service personally?
I think it is rather effortless to punch in "thanks" into a keyboard, or slap a yellow ribbon magnet on your car.I know it is a good way to get kudos with the good old boys in here, but there are only a small percentage of Vet's here.Take your message to your target audience.Walk into a vet's hospital, empty some colostomy bags,help a newly limbless vet onto his new titanium legs. Take some newly fatherless war orphans out to a ball game, or out for some apple pie.
Thanking vets in here is nice, but it is like me thanking the NYFD for their bravery on September 11 on a Los Angeles custom lowrider website. Ok everybody...let the slamming begin.....

kpaske
11/11/2007, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the sentiments, even you HOT WASABI. There are more of us on here than you think and we appreciate the thanks every once in a while. Happy Veteran's Day to all my brothers and sisters, especially those still in harms way. You're in my thoughts always.

RLTW

MustangO4
11/11/2007, 03:45 PM
No slamming needed. I think you have expressed your position clearly. There have been problems with treatment of wounded veterans and they are getting much better. Hey it’s a multi-million person bureaucracy, thing don’t happen over night. Our country hasn’t had to deal with this for a while and last time they just spit on the vets and let them deal on their own. A watchful eye of fellow Marines (and other service members) and the public is what helps to ensure these guys are being taken care of. Check this out it’s just a small example:

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2007/04/marine_woundedwarrior_regiment070405/

That being said I just want to let you know that just as you can offend someone by what you say, without coming to their house and slapping them in the face (see above posts) anonymous thanks is also appreciated. I was actually at breakfast with two other Marines this morning and when I got up to pay, it had already been done by someone who recognized us. This happens from time to time and it makes the sacrifices you make of yourself and your family much easier to deal with.

I do appreciate your passion on this subject. I think (hope) that aside from just “stirring the pot” you are actually concerned with the well being of these veterans. I get the opportunity to go to Balboa Naval Hospital frequently and have several friends and acquaintances that have also been wounded. Their opinions vary throughout the whole spectrum from anger, to blame, to deep pride for what they have done for the Country. I hate to tell you but some of us really do believe in this stuff and are proud of service and sacrifice for something bigger.

Come down to San Diego sometime and I’ll give you the tour of MCRD if you can behave yourself. I think meeting the young men that volunteer to do this might either change your opinion or at least allow you to speak from an informed position. Graduations are generally on Friday and a good time. You can even ride in my VX. I have to tell you though, if you get rowdy you will be asked to leave.

If you have wondered why I have been on so much it is because I am on duty today. Happy Veteran’s day.

Triathlete
11/11/2007, 08:48 PM
Ok, If this is just a car forum then how appropriate is it to be thanking veterans in here? With all due respect to the vehicross veterans who frequent this forum,Veterans nationwide who own a vehicross must be in about the .000001 percentile. So wouldn't it be more appropriate to go to a vet's hospital, look them in the eyes, shake hands (if possible) and thank them for their service personally?
I think it is rather effortless to punch in "thanks" into a keyboard, or slap a yellow ribbon magnet on your car.I know it is a good way to get kudos with the good old boys in here, but there are only a small percentage of Vet's here.Take your message to your target audience.Walk into a vet's hospital, empty some colostomy bags,help a newly limbless vet onto his new titanium legs. Take some newly fatherless war orphans out to a ball game, or out for some apple pie.
Thanking vets in here is nice, but it is like me thanking the NYFD for their bravery on September 11 on a Los Angeles custom lowrider website. Ok everybody...let the slamming begin.....

I am sure there are more vets on this site than there are politicians!

ZEUS
11/11/2007, 10:08 PM
Well, my thanks may be inappropriate and pointless since this is a halo car website and only .0000001 percent of the veterans may read this... :rolleyes: but hey, Happy Veterans Day, VX Vets! Even YOU deserve a friendly "thanks" from your tiny bit of friends here on VX.info - strange huh? Now can we send that ridiculous, web-based political billboard that goes by the name "Hot Wasabi Junkie" to Afganistan? Please...
To IndianaVX - Don't let Wasabi take away from your good intentions. The vets here appreciate your good will even if it is not good enough for those who choose to sit at their computer and complain.

CrnCnn
11/11/2007, 10:23 PM
I know I am one who may "not do enough" but here’s to you anyway. This entire country doesn’t do enough. We are all self-centered for the most part, not excluding myself.

tom4bren
11/12/2007, 07:11 AM
THANK YOU VETS!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not at Vet so I am unworthy of defending them in the eyes of Junkie. But my father is a Vet & I have spent the past 25 years working for the Army to provide the soldiers with equipment so they can do their job & return home safe. I would like to paraphrase something that a Vet told me once 'How can you thank me for the job I've done & the sacrifices I've made if in the same breath you say that I was wrong for doing it'.

Junkie, you owe all the Veterans an apology for that!!!

You have the right to voice your opinion; you just need to pick a better forum (I don't mean www.Vehicross.info - I mean start your own thread for your own purposes).

"Ok everybody...let the slamming begin....." That ain't even funny. It makes you sound even more narrow minded than the polititians you are continually dissing. Don't use the noble cause of Veteran Affairs to promote your self centered nature.

fuzzy
11/12/2007, 10:01 AM
All,

You're welcome.

etlsport
11/12/2007, 07:12 PM
“I may disagree with what you say, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it"

thanks to everyone who defends this country

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
11/12/2007, 09:33 PM
THANK YOU VETS!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not at Vet so I am unworthy of defending them in the eyes of Junkie. But my father is a Vet & I have spent the past 25 years working for the Army to provide the soldiers with equipment so they can do their job & return home safe. I would like to paraphrase something that a Vet told me once 'How can you thank me for the job I've done & the sacrifices I've made if in the same breath you say that I was wrong for doing it'.

Junkie, you owe all the Veterans an apology for that!!!

You have the right to voice your opinion; you just need to pick a better forum (I don't mean www.Vehicross.info - I mean start your own thread for your own purposes).

"Ok everybody...let the slamming begin....." That ain't even funny. It makes you sound even more narrow minded than the polititians you are continually dissing. Don't use the noble cause of Veteran Affairs to promote your self centered nature.

I never said anything negative about veterans, did I? I think they are all heroes.I really do.I am only trying to say that if someone can thank veterans on a "car" website, then why can't I question the mechanisms that made them veterans in the first place.
Excuse me if I am wrong abut this but people in the military follow orders, are told what to do and how to do it. They are basically pawns for their commanding officers to deploy as they are told from up the chain of command.
So the people who serve in the armed forces don't decide anything. They are trained to kill for god and country and never question why.
I am sorry that human beings in the year 2007 have not progressed enough to settle disputes without bloodshed and murder, but they haven't.
We will always need people to die and to kill other people to keep America free.My issue is that I think we put our soilders in no win situations,and after they make it out of the other end,they are treated poorly by the system they fought to protect.
So again, I have the utmost respect for anyone who has served our country, and hope in the future we have less wars and less veterans.

tomdietrying
11/13/2007, 06:26 AM
I would like to thanks all veterans who haver done their job by defending their country. That's their job. I commend them for excelling at it.

With that said, I would also like to say that vetrerans ARE people, not just pawns, and shouldn't be used to justify a wrong means or a personnal means.

Peace.
Tom

tom4bren
11/13/2007, 07:30 AM
Junkie,

"I am sorry that human beings in the year 2007 have not progressed enough to settle disputes without bloodshed and murder, but they haven't."

Amen to that. I would LOVE to have to find a new job.

"Excuse me if I am wrong abut this but people in the military follow orders, are told what to do and how to do it. They are basically pawns for their commanding officers to deploy as they are told from up the chain of command. So the people who serve in the armed forces don't decide anything. They are trained to kill for god and country and never question why."

A hero is someone who overcomes unsurmountable fear to achieve a goal that they believe strongly in.

You keep refering to soldiers as heroes but then you undo that praise at every turn. You don't have to believe in the same things that they do but for God's sake (for all the Vet's sake) DO NOT condemn them for their beliefs. First you criticize their beliefs and now you are defining the American Soldier as a mindless robot who fights and dies just to follow their programming. Hang your head in shame Junkie. This conversation is over until you get on your knees and beg forgiveness of every Veteran you have just insulted. Start a new thread to bash the polititians if you wish but you have seriously insulted every Vet with your use of this particular thread to rant about what to you is an important cause but has no place here. Picking and choosing battles isn't just about what to fight for. It's about when, where and how to fight them - you failed miserably & insulted the very people you were trying to praise.

Go have dinner with your mother and tell her that the meal was terrific but she looks terrible. Which will she remember, the compliment or the slap across the face?

Tom

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
11/14/2007, 08:22 PM
I am not apologizing for shi†. I said soldiers follow orders, is that a falsehood?
It is very rare a soldier stands up and says" I am not going to follow this order!" Soldiers are trained to kill, they are programmed killing machines. Boot camp is a big time brainwashing session. The purpose of boot camp is to destroy the individual and turn him into someone who has a groupthink mentality. Someone who will want to rejoin his brothers on the front lines no matter how many times he has been shot. I personally could never be a soldier. I admit it, I don't have the guts. Call me a faggot or whatever.I'll be the faggot with two legs and dosen't wake up in the middle of the night screaming. I could never go overseas because George Bush told me to,and at the end of the day...I am the smart one.

Seidmanrob
11/14/2007, 09:39 PM
HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE says that "at the end of the day...I am the smart one."

I have to disagree. Smart in his mind, weak in mine and other veterans minds. You may disagree with our political leaders, and as a vet I fought for your right to disagree, but your obvious hatred of military personnel only convinces me that you are not qualified to be a leader and probably only qualified to ask our government what can it do for you, not what you can do for it. Enjoy your freedom that I fought for.

CrnCnn
11/15/2007, 05:15 AM
I am the smart one.

I don’t think that’s fair. You just chose a different path and have a different look on life and feel you want control over it. Understandable.

Doesn't make anyone smarter than anyone else by choosing a different line.

tom4bren
11/15/2007, 05:35 AM
As I said, the conversation is over since Junkie is too anal retentive to even realize how insulting he is. The most frustrating thing in the world (and the least productive) is to argue with an idiot.

I thank God (and every Soldier or Vet I see) every day for them & what they do. I thank them because they are intellegent enough to think for themselves because that is what makes them the most effective fighting unit the world has ever known.

Did I choose that path for myself? No. Was I too chicken to sign up for the life they chose? No. I decided long ago (22+ years ago) that I could help them more by working for them where I am at. One Soldier actually told me that he was alive today because of the equipment I put in his hands. It was very gratifying but meant nothing in comparison to what he did for me.

I can't state it eloquently or strongly enough so I hope that simplicity will be enough. THANK YOU VETS.

ojmagg
11/15/2007, 05:43 AM
It may be only one day that we set a side for you guys, but the freedom I enjoy remind me of you guys every day! Thank-you from the bottom of my heart.

etlsport
11/15/2007, 05:57 AM
dude wasabi i dont get into stuff like this but u need to chill out... call you a fa***t because you don't want to fight? thats completely uncalled for and nobody is questioning your manhood for your disagreement with the military, just the way you go about bashing those who put their lives in danger to protect us

kobie
11/15/2007, 08:54 AM
I think Wasabi's point was missed and an apology is also needed to those who fight/ fought for our country as a part of the discourse on Veteran's day. Consider:
- One in four homeless persons are veterans (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21678030/)
- Military people must consider private insurance versus military HMOs to get quality health care
- private war contractors (individuals) get paid 3+ times as much as soldiers do for the same or less work

While indeed thanks is in order, they deserve much improvement in how they are treated abroad in war time and when they come back home. My cousin was in the first BlackHawk shot down in Iraq. He came home to fanatical celebrations and many locals and poiliticians visited him in the hospital to offer thanks, bleesings and encouragement. Now he has a heart condition the VA won't treat, he can't walk fast and has difficulty finding a job. The army also wants him to re-enlist!
Somehow, we need to give our heros the royal treatment they deserve when and if they make it home and it should be a lifetime commitment on our part.

technocoy
11/15/2007, 12:12 PM
I'm a little late to the party, but I just wanted to say thanks as well.

Regardless of how I feel about the path our current administration is taking, I do feel a deep and heartwrenching pride for all those men and women who have served and are serving in the military. In the face of harm, death, and imprisonment you fight everyday to keep America free.

Three of my best friends and brothers chose military service, and I worry for the one who is still in every single day. I hope to see him home soon and enjoying life with his family and friends.

The fact is that wars will be right and wrong, but our soldiers don't have the option of picking and choosing which fight to fight. The fact of the matter is that they ENLISTED to protect this country's lives and freedoms and that is all that matters on Veterans Day. period. To sign up for what may very well get you killed with the idea of protecting the land which you belong to is a brave and commendable thing, and there is no way to argue it. There are always exceptions, but the vast majority of military are some of the best people you can wish to have by your side in a time of need.

We can have our political feuds any day of the week, and I understand the sentiment that wasabi is attempting to get across, but let's save it for other conversations and really stand behind the men and women who everyday wake up and go into the field to sustain our way of life.

May God protect you all and bring you home safely, and give peace and wellbeing to those who have already served.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

technocoy