PDA

View Full Version : Ford Ironman World Championship

bigkoala1
11/09/2007, 09:26 AM
anyone going?? just asking because its a mile or two from my house.

Triathlete
11/09/2007, 09:35 PM
Are you talking about the Ironman Worlds in Hawaii or the Ironman 70.3 Worlds in Florida? If Hawaii, you missed it. It was a few weeks ago.
I won't be at either this year but plan on toeing the line in Hawaii in 2009 so long as I qaulify. I'm taking a year off of the long stuff (Ironman distance) and focusing on 1/2 Ironman (70.3)) and shorter stuff to get my speed back up.

bigkoala1
11/09/2007, 11:32 PM
Are you talking about the Ironman Worlds in Hawaii or the Ironman 70.3 Worlds in Florida? If Hawaii, you missed it. It was a few weeks ago.
I won't be at either this year but plan on toeing the line in Hawaii in 2009 so long as I qaulify. I'm taking a year off of the long stuff (Ironman distance) and focusing on 1/2 Ironman (70.3)) and shorter stuff to get my speed back up.

im talking about the one on saturday in clearwater. its a pretty big deal down here. they are shutting down roads and everything

Mark B
11/10/2007, 05:45 AM
They are doing the 1/2 Ironman this weekend at Clearwater Beach, Florida
They will be running by the resort I manage on the beach.
Traffic will be blocked off and and it will be a mess.
I have a lot of respect for those athletes.
Swim, Bike, Run 70 miles.

bigkoala1
11/10/2007, 06:43 AM
They are doing the 1/2 Ironman this weekend at Clearwater Beach, Florida
They will be running by the resort I manage on the beach.
Traffic will be blocked off and and it will be a mess.
I have a lot of respect for those athletes.
Swim, Bike, Run 70 miles.

what resort do you manage>?

Triathlete
11/10/2007, 05:29 PM
Don't forget the .3!;Dy;
You will have some of the top triathletes in the world powering themselves past you! Should be a great race. Actually should "have" been a great race since it was this morning. I guess I'll go check the results.