PDA

View Full Version : HELP need drivers door for 2001....

VX crazy
11/08/2007, 11:33 AM
I had an idiot run into the side of me and need a new door, the body shop says they can not get a new door from Isuzu per Isuzu....they are searching at salvage yards......I would die if this gets totally because they cant find a door for it!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if they DO total it, do I have to BUY it back if its paid for or do they give me a check and my totaled truck????

:madg2::cryg:

navistar
11/08/2007, 11:45 AM
Try http://www.bairdsautoparts.com. They have one listed at $600.00.

tom4bren
11/08/2007, 11:49 AM
The only time that I bought back a totaled car was eons ago. They set a settlement for the totalled vehicle & then we negotiated a sale price for the wreck. Then they cut me a check for the difference. Just make sure the VX doesn't sit at the garage after settlement or they will come after you for storage fees.

etlsport
11/08/2007, 12:16 PM
e-mail glenwood.. i know he hasnt been very good about responding but i know he has two good doors in ebony

Ldub
11/08/2007, 02:43 PM
Sorry to hear about that...you otherwise OK?:confused:

Kenny
11/08/2007, 03:45 PM
Ya sorry to hear about that Lisa.
I'm having my driver's side door repaired from hail damage, they were able to get a new metal exterior door panel...(seems those grooves make it too tough to pop the dimples out and bondo it...) Not sure if you're looking for a whole new door, or just the metal exterior... They should be out there... good luck!

Ken

biju
11/08/2007, 03:51 PM
eeek! say it isn't so. PLEASE find a new door so the VX isn't totalled.... Best of luck!

-beej.

Chopper
11/08/2007, 04:07 PM
Isuzu still has door skins....If you need more than that, more than just the door is torqued. Still, doors should be available....try Merlin, and a different body shop. They will NOT total your car for a door....maybe 1500-1800 in damage...tops. You gotta go like 75% of total value to reach TOTAL , some places go as high as 80%.

VX crazy
11/08/2007, 04:58 PM
Merlin is the place that told me there are NONE available in the US, all I need is the shell, I called Merlin just to be sure the bodyshop was getting the right story....so far $2600 to repair....and I am in a nicer rental that they are covering as well at about 45 a day....I was just more concerned about them totalling it because they could not find a door, everyone that knows me knows how freaked I get about this. I am hurt emotionally...I cried when I dropped her off! Sucks that you can put all that work and love into something and have it taken out of your hands!

Kenny, was it a NEW door exterior or used??? Ironic that the guy that hit me is a Japanese National.....I should have him get me a door! ;)

Scott Harness
11/09/2007, 08:53 AM
Sending you good CHI. Glad you're ok! I'll look around.

Anita
11/09/2007, 09:06 AM
Oh Lisa!!

I am so sorry to hear such news! I am sure the VX collective will keep their eyes and ears out for replacement parts for your baby. I miss talking to you online. :o

VXcaver
11/09/2007, 09:57 AM
http://www.car-part.com

Several listed on the above site. Might be worth a try.

VX crazy
11/09/2007, 10:40 AM
Thanks you guys/gals! The body shop is about to kill me, I think I am helping TOO much.....anyway, they have a salvage door coming from KY and if that doesnt work, glenn sent me a mail and he has one in PA! I just dont do well with this being out of my hands kinda.....

Anita, I miss talking to you too, I got a new computer at work and AOL was not on it, I use yahoo @ work, I will download the AOL so we can chat more, its been tooo long!

Anita
11/09/2007, 11:08 AM
No need Lisa. I am on yahoo too! Check you PM

VX crazy
11/15/2007, 08:23 AM
Just wanted to update again, STILL waiting on door, but I went by the body shop yesterday (they think I am crazy) and they have the cladding off the entire side and all the lenses off as well as they will be painting the entire side to blend the paint. I wanted to let everyone know that under the cladding on the doors there is a bumper welded that is pretty substancial for reinforcement! I should have taken pictures, but felt like I was stalking so I left.

SPAZZ
11/15/2007, 09:44 AM
Hey Lisa, I finally got internet after about 6 months. I am back in Junction. Sorry to hear about your situation. I once was in the same , only the kid hit me with most the force impacting the wheel. About $5,000 later a new Wheel, all lugs holding it on,a new fender and driver door cladding piece, and the half the driver's side repainted it was fixed. 1 more foot and I would have been looking for a new door and probably a new left leg and mabe an arm, as this kid rammed me going in reverse in a truck Tboning me turing the VX sideways.

I hope you are ok. BTW- I'll sell you a whole VX. mine has to go. Shannon just gave birth Thursday morning to Jack Everett 7lbs 2.6 ounces 21 1/4" long

So, 2 kids in car seats don't work well in the VX & I can't afford to keep it as just an offroader.

If any1 responds to anything regarding my VX or my BAby, please do so in a new thread with it's own topic in respect to Lisa finding a door. I just thought maybe she would like a spair VX and was just saying hello to an old friend. Thanks.

VX crazy
11/21/2007, 06:41 AM
Nope want MY truck, I know whats been done to my truck! Damages are up to $5k and by the time my truck is ready, about another 2 wks, rental will be at $2k........I miss those heated mirrors among many other things!

Kenny
11/30/2007, 11:02 AM

Kenny, was it a NEW door exterior or used??? Ironic that the guy that hit me is a Japanese National.....I should have him get me a door! ;)

Just got my VX back from the shop (6 weeks!) not counting the two weeks they had it at first assessing the damage...

Anyways, they didn't get a new door for me. They said I had too many modifications on mine to redo (sound deadening, ensolite, speaker mount.... ):rolleyes: , and probably couldn't find one... But they did one hell of a job on the repair - it's flawless that I can see....

PS: you better be bringing your VX to Moab in 08.- a new paint job excuse won't fly since i'll have one too! :):p