PDA

View Full Version : Suzy gets new blinker grillz

Ldub
11/07/2007, 05:22 PM
Havn't been puttering around in the shop much of late, but found a stainless steel basket that I salvaged from a piece of resturaunt equipment (I think) in my stash & decided to try something a little different...:rolleyes:

The hunk of metal from the stash with covers already cut out

The lenses (thanx Bim) drilled, with nuts epoxied to the back

And a couple shots of the finished product...

MSHardeman
11/07/2007, 05:28 PM
Nice job dub. Your ingenuity always amazes me. Who else woulda thunk to make turn signal covers out of kitchen equipment but you?

It's easy to see that Suzy is well loved.

djkymar
11/07/2007, 05:39 PM
now your turn signals protected from rocks and other flying around things lol
looks good on your VX together with other covers? you did a good job man

don moore
11/07/2007, 10:51 PM
Now I know why the dishwasher is missing the food screen basket....hehe
good job

etlsport
11/08/2007, 04:28 AM
heh the front of your vx looks like you drove over a chain link fence and pieces of it got stuck in your teeth! looks cool tho

btw do you have those lower amber lights wired to run w/ the parking lights and your fogs not running with them.. or did you just manage to take a photo of the turn signal flashing?

MSHardeman
11/08/2007, 07:43 AM
WAIT JUST A COTTON PICKIN' MINUTE!! LDUB, I just noticed the shoes on Suzy. Where are her butt kickin', big lugged hiking boots? Are you planning something, or does she just have her winter shoes on?

nfpgasmask
11/08/2007, 09:33 AM
Ldub, I think it is time that you make a windsheild cover out of that stuff. Basically a big piece of armor that covers the wind sheild while engaged in road wars. Then you can fold it down and bucklye it to your hood when not needed... :)

Bart

Ldub
11/08/2007, 10:17 AM
heh the front of your vx looks like you drove over a chain link fence and pieces of it got stuck in your teeth! looks cool tho

btw do you have those lower amber lights wired to run w/ the parking lights and your fogs not running with them.. or did you just manage to take a photo of the turn signal flashing?

Yeah, she is starting to resemble some sort of metal mouth monster or something...

I replaced the stock clearance markers (fog lights?) with PIAA's & moved the bulb assembly down to the turn siginal. Wasn't too difficult, just a lot of drilling, filing, cutting & test fitting to get it all scrunched in there.

Thanx to all who gave positive feedback, It's always good to hear that there are still a few out there that don't think I've gone completely off the deep end...;)

And yes, those are my winter skins on the stock rims, the road sand & salt really put the dull on my dubs last winter...good eye there Mark.

CrnCnn
11/08/2007, 03:02 PM
I think she is kinda young for braces

ZEUS
11/08/2007, 06:12 PM
HA! HA! (point and laugh) Nice tires! :p Nah man, truth be told I wish I still had my street treads for the winter... please let that not be my famous last words... Digging the metal work though, they should ice up real good - ;) I might try that in black one day!

cyronman
11/08/2007, 09:02 PM
Dub-
lookin' good, man. I really dig how you come up with your own custom stuff. Truly unique.

nfpgasmask
11/09/2007, 09:55 AM
Yeah, I originally intended to keep my stock rims and street rubber, but after a week of wearing the Chambers and the A/Ts, I knew there would never come a day when I removed those for the stock rims...

Besides, off roading is a year round hobby ;)

Bart

:(...I feel the same way...It's not the tires that I think are so ugly, it's the fact that the stock wheels don't have the wider offset that the dubs do.
You get used to your hotwheels lookin' a certain way & then change it back & it's like "bleahhhhhch, that looks awful"... seriously, my finger hovered over the "place order" button on the Centerline site until my wallet talked it down off the ledge. :rolleyesg
I was lookin' at some 16x8" shiny things that look like this:

VXIRONwoMAN
11/09/2007, 05:09 PM
I am LOVIN' the new grillz Big Bro!!! EXCELLENTE! I can't wait to get mine to look as cool as yours! :cool:

Kenny
11/09/2007, 08:58 PM
noice! crazy mo-fo.