PDA

View Full Version : Front End alignment

tom4bren
11/07/2007, 08:25 AM
Sorry to start a new thread for this but my memory is completely down the toilet:

1. I can't remember who asked.

2. I can't remember (or find) the thread.

3. I completely forgot that I was supposed to look it up.

A good source for front end alignments in the Fredericksburg, VA area is:

Bennett's Front End Service
3925 Lafayette Blvd
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
(540) 898-4500

They are 'old school' & don't even want the factory specs. They align to the vehicle set up & mods so understand that if you lifted the front end by cranking down torsion bars, they can't crank them back up for alignment (just be sure to let them know any specifics like that when you drop it off). They've done 3 of my vehicles & all have come out great. I live nearby so let me know if/when you'll be in & we'll hook up.

Easy to get to:

95 S from DC to exit 126 (Spotsylvania)
Left at bottom of exit (Rt 1 N)
1.2 miles to right on Lafayette Blvd. (intersection locally known as 4 mile fork)
0.7 miles on right (just after 2nd stoplight)

Cobrajet
11/07/2007, 03:35 PM
Bennett's Front End Service
3925 Lafayette Blvd
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
(540) 898-4500

They are 'old school' & don't even want the factory specs. They align to the vehicle set up & mods ...I think I'll take my Cobra over there and let them have a look. It's definitely OLD SCHOOL! :)

tom4bren
11/08/2007, 05:18 AM
Cool. I guess just about anyone can do an alignment but finding someone you can trust is what's important.

If you're coming that far, you may want to call for an appointment to cut down on waiting time.

You won't need to hop on 95 if you don't want. Stay on 17 till it ends at Rt 1 & turn right (south). 4 mile fork is about 4 miles (go figure:)). Turn left on Lafayette.

Still looking for a GOOD general mechanic but I've been lucky enough to find a good front end shop, axle shop & a place for exhaust repairs.