PDA

View Full Version : VehiCROSS Calendar Voting!

etlsport
11/07/2007, 06:02 AM
Alright guys all the submissions are in.. 101 total! thats awesome, now its time to vote for your favorites.. here is how voting will work this year.

You will need to register at http://vx.xclusivmedia.net When you are at the site, the registration link is in the top right hand corner.. don't worry its a safe site. It is operated by user Knigh7s

After you register confirm your account with the e-mail link sent to you (will be sent pretty much instantly)

Towards the top of the screen you will see "VX08 Calendar" Click on that

If you want to see all of the photos lined up next to eachother, there is a link for "browse pictures" on the right side otherwise you can just go through the photos one at a time and rank them 1-10 stars

You can vote on all of the photos, or just on your favorites. At the end of the voting, the photos with the most stars will be chosen for the calendar (and any ties will be decided in a smaller vote) Remember you are ranking these photos based on whether you would like to see them on a calendar on your wall

any questions feel free to e-mail me at vxcalendar@hotmail.com or you can post them here if they are more general

A very big thanks to Knigh7s for letting us use his site for the voting and for setting it all up!

Also thanks to everyone who gave me input on how to set up the voting process (Biju, Zeus, CrnCnN, Johnnyapollo, Spike, Djkymar)

JoFotoz
11/07/2007, 11:49 AM
Kudos to you , Knigh7 ... et al !

jo

etlsport
11/07/2007, 01:00 PM
also you dont have to sit and vote on all of the photos at once, since you register with the site first, you can always go back later and vote on the ones you didnt get to before!

Knigh7s
11/07/2007, 03:02 PM
Well, It looks to be working out just fine! :) You can view the top 13 picks on the side bar.

Also, It may seem like you can vote more than once on one photo, but in actuallity, it only registers your first vote.

Any problems, please feel free to let me know, and I will see what I can do.

Enjoy! :)

Ldub
11/07/2007, 04:20 PM
Props & a big Thank You to those who have put forth the effort in organizing this years calender...the voting process for me, was much like a trip down memory lane. Not only places & people I remember from being there, but other pics I remember seeing in previous months...good stuff. Oh yeah, a few unexpected suprises too...thanx Jo.
Also, thanks to those responsible for submitting pics of my dented up old hot-rod, she'll never win any beauty contests, but it's nice to see her in the running.:o
Of course, there's a lot of voting left to be done...;)

nfpgasmask
11/07/2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, thanks guys for taking this on! I'm just glad I don't have to do it again! ;) Not that I wouldn't have, but... :)

Anyway, the photos look great, but too bad we don't have a Fox or a Dragon represented in this bunch! Oh well, there's always next year!

Ldub: There are some KILLER action shots of your rod in there. :)

Bart

CrnCnn
11/07/2007, 07:53 PM
Well I really like the ones with the good looking girl, too bad I have to vote as though it were family and work friendly.

Also, I dont know who submitted some of my pics but thanks. I didnt think they were worthy.

JoFotoz
11/07/2007, 08:47 PM
....the "good looking girl"..

...is actually the registered OWNER of our (my?) VX...

....and she's also my super nerdy Organic Chemist wife.

She owns it.....she DRIVES IT!

I get to play with it!

Am I overly campaigning...

...of course!!!

LOL...jo.

Spike
11/07/2007, 09:22 PM
Well I really like the ones with the good looking girl, too bad I have to vote as though it were family and work friendly.

I agree... It should be all about the car and the meet ups ...

Work / family friendly is what I think we should aim for ... as I love showing off the calendar.

I intentionally did not submit any rear end pics of my truck, with the bull testicles hanging from the hitch, for the same reason.

I'm not putting the girl down in any way. She is quite attractive. And I can appreciate the pics.. but let's please go for a 'G' rating not PG 13 or higher.

Spike
11/07/2007, 09:23 PM
....the "good looking girl"..

...is actually the registered OWNER of our (my?) VX...

....and she's also my super nerdy Organic Chemist wife.

She owns it.....she DRIVES IT!

I get to play with it!

Am I overly campaigning...

...of course!!!

LOL...jo.

You drove all the way out to Palm Springs for those shots?

JoFotoz
11/07/2007, 10:04 PM
We didnt drive "all that way " for those shots !

We drove "all that way".. (150 miles, LOL)...

...to enjoy a well earned , relaxing w/end away.

And for fun on the way home , we stopped and took some snap shots ...
..... to contribute to this forums calendar pictures request.

Given your strong reaction , I trust you submitted some pics...?

Good luck with yours........and feel free not to vote for ours!

atb

jo

Spike
11/08/2007, 06:48 AM
I just remember about 5 years ago, driving from where I was in Norco to Palm Springs and then back to Ontario to hop a plane, just to see the wind farm... It seemed to me that San Diego would be farther away... Next time I will look at a map... rofl

If I were voting on the pics in general... I'd give a 9

But for calender.. I cant .. hope you understand.

uncle_asa
11/08/2007, 07:14 AM
VX08Cal-29 and VX08Cal-66, VX08Cal-46 and VX08Cal-25 are pairs of same images. Please remove one from each pair.

CrnCnn
11/08/2007, 08:09 AM
We didnt drive "all that way " for those shots !

We drove "all that way".. (150 miles, LOL)...

...to enjoy a well earned , relaxing w/end away.

And for fun on the way home , we stopped and took some snap shots ...
..... to contribute to this forums calendar pictures request.

Given your strong reaction , I trust you submitted some pics...?

Good luck with yours........and feel free not to vote for ours!

atb

jo

Well it sounds like you got offended. I didnt mean to offend. I really like the pics and your VX, it's just that where my calendar is now its viewable by potential and current customers as well as everyone who works with me (which is alot of women) so I just see those pics not being a work environment friendly image. And thats just for me, I have worked in places that had playboy and similar calendars up.

In any other case I would vote highly on those pics.

etlsport
11/08/2007, 08:10 AM
VX08Cal-29 and VX08Cal-66, VX08Cal-46 and VX08Cal-25 are pairs of same images. Please remove one from each pair.

Thanks! not sure how those two slipped by, i picked out a few other duplicates. It shouldn't have an effect on the voting since each photo is ranked individually

JoFotoz
11/08/2007, 02:07 PM
My bad...and no offense taken.
I fully understand....NOW!

I pictured these calendars hanging in VX owners garages and workshops...
....much like many car calendars and posters do!

Having worked for myself for the last 24 years.......
....I forget about some of the "PC" workplace issues!

ATB.

Jo

nfpgasmask
11/08/2007, 02:18 PM
Yeah, working for the man sucks. I have to do some "sexual harassment" training. I keep thinking of "Sexual Harassment Panda ". :)

Bart

My bad...and no offense taken.
I fully understand....NOW!

I pictured these calendars hanging in VX owners garages and workshops...
....much like many car calendars and posters do!

Having worked for myself for the last 24 years.......
....I forget about some of the "PC" workplace issues!

ATB.

Jo

CrnCnn
11/08/2007, 02:59 PM
Yeah, working for the man sucks. I have to do some "sexual harassment" training. I keep thinking of "Sexual Harassment Panda ". :)

Bart

This thread has gone a little off course.

Are they going to teach you how to properly perform sexual harassment.

nfpgasmask
11/08/2007, 03:00 PM
I'm doing the training right now...its really *quite* funny.

Bart

Ldub
11/08/2007, 03:05 PM
pics !

Spike
11/08/2007, 04:11 PM

You need to know how to perform it properly in order to be able to prevent yourself from doing it....

Knigh7s
11/10/2007, 12:07 AM
For those that has had registration problems on VXLounge (http://vx.xclusivmedia.net), remember, when signing up, the system sends an email to the email account you registered with, click the activation link in that email and then you will be able to log in the website. For those that have already signed up, I went ahead and activated the accounts for you.

SO LOGIN AND GET TO VOTING!!!! :)

don moore
11/10/2007, 10:13 AM
how much for the cals. and when are they going to be ready?

tomdietrying
11/12/2007, 12:11 PM
Did I miss the thread on when voting will end?
Thanks for keeping me staight on this.
Peace.
Tom

p.s.
Thanks for organizing the calendar too!

Knigh7s
11/12/2007, 12:37 PM
We might have voting end on the 18th of November, that would be this coming Sunday. And would give etlsport enough time to get the calendar setup for buying and give some people enough time to get it before the holiday shipping mayhem!

etlsport
11/18/2007, 01:18 PM
last day to vote! midnight is the cutoff

vx.xclusivmedia.net (http://vx.xclusivmedia.net)

Knigh7s
11/18/2007, 11:56 PM
Voting is now over! :)

Final 13 Picks can be viewed in the gallery. (http://vx.xclusivmedia.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=39&Itemid=63)

spaceCADETzoom
12/03/2007, 11:11 PM
Is there a way to see all of the pics again? I never got a chance to vote, but would like to see what didn't make it.

etlsport
12/05/2007, 09:04 AM
i will upload all the photos to a photo sharing website sometime this week and post the link

Moncha
12/05/2007, 09:06 AM
Or, send them to me and I'll make an album here, that way you don't use up your limit.

Knigh7s
12/05/2007, 02:20 PM
I have them in the web gallery on my site. I only posted the runner ups reaching 20, But i have no problem at all to add the rest. the pictures are all there, they are just not coded in yet... give me till the end of tonight and it will all be up. :)

Moncha
12/05/2007, 02:39 PM
If you want to go through that trouble, or, etlsport sent me the whole package and I was going the put them in the gallery.. I'm just a work right now and will have to get to it later tonight myself