PDA

View Full Version : Who killed 0723..?

mbeach
11/05/2007, 08:36 AM
I know that I've been gone for awhile (I felt it easier to make a clean break after selling the VehiCrosses), but I just got a strange call last night.

I sold my Ironman ('01, 0723, lifted, 33s, etc.) to Anchorage BMW (for a V8 Touareg -mistake) in 10/06. Apparently, the guy who bought it also purchased an aftermarket warranty -which was a good thing because shortly after the transaction something broke. I would like to know what "it" was. It was in tip-top shape when I brought it in. I'm not liable, but I'm just curious.
I talk to the dealership all of the time, including during the 3 month nightmare with the VW, which was quickly traded for an ML55. I had never heard of this until last night.

Right now, 0723 is sitting behind Anchorage BMW, covered in mud, and "seriously broken" according to a salesperson friend. This is the second time in a year that something major has occurred. It looks like this time the truck won't be getting fixed anytime soon. Currently, he's in warranty hell, and it is just sitting in the cold.

I'd like to know what was broken, and how he did it.
The truck had no history of oil consumption, so a spun bearing had better be out.

Unfortunately my garage is full and my wallet's empty, so I can't give her a new home -one that will take care of it.

So, anyone in Alaska (or anywhere online) have any history of 0723 from the last year?

mbeach
11/06/2007, 11:34 AM
C'mon, 77 views..?

This guy was supposedly a "serious" offroader, I'm sure that he told his war stories somewhere.

Alan? Anyone?

AlaskaVX
11/29/2007, 01:34 PM
:confused: Not me, I may go look at it if its still there.

mbeach
11/29/2007, 03:37 PM
You'll want to talk to Phyllis -she handled my trade and keeps in touch with me.

If you have any Qs on it, let me know.

PS -I have a bunch of spares, I'll send you a list if you want
things like Aisins, roof rack, gaskets, filters, etc.

AlaskaVX
11/29/2007, 05:14 PM
Hell ya, PM me the list!

By roof rack do you mean a stock one :confused: or one that would mount on top of the stock rack and possibly hold a spare tire :naughty:

mbeach
11/30/2007, 10:23 AM
Sent PM,
I'm putting the list together this weekend -things just keep popping up as I clean out the garage.
I'll PM it to those interested parties as well.

Ak, you would be one cool dude if you had 3 Ironmans in your yard this winter ;)