PDA

View Full Version : I hit a hawk....

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
11/03/2007, 02:03 PM
I was driving down the freeway in my work truck and I see this hawk swooping down out of the corner of my eye. I start thinking ,damn that thing is flying really "SPLAT"! I didn't even get to think the word low, It totaled the company trucks windshield and me wondering how something that can spot a field mouse from a mile up did not see my truck coming....

rowhard
11/03/2007, 08:10 PM
maybe you were about to run over that field mouse and he was trying to save it

Ldub
11/04/2007, 04:12 AM
I had a similar experience...back in my younger (wilder) days, I was coming home in the wee hours of the morning, when out of the pitch black came a pair of bright yellow eyes in my headlights.
It was a small owl, with suicidal tendencies, smacked into my windshield right in front of my face & scared the crap outta me:eek:...a very sobering experience indeed.

Jolly Roger VX'er
11/04/2007, 05:11 AM
I hit a bat (in my fiero) @ night once and it was kind of funny because when he hit the windshield his wings were fully extended and I hit the windshield wipers to fling him off..lol. Maybe my radar detector jammed his radar:confused:

mdwyer
11/05/2007, 07:24 AM
I hit a bird in my K-car once. It was actually kind of cool. He came up out of the bushes by the side of the road, and was just sort of surfing in the air stream coming up off the front of the car.

Then he wiped out.

For that bird, it was either exciting as hell, or scary as hell.

LittleBeast
11/05/2007, 01:34 PM
Got pictures in my gallery of the time a vulture decided to go straight through the VX's windshield, had to limp it home going under 40 so glass would stop dropping into the cabin. http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Vulture5text.jpg

Anita
11/05/2007, 01:53 PM
Ay carumba! :eek:

Chopper
11/05/2007, 06:20 PM
Had a BIG owl come thru the right windshield of a Peterbilt, in Tennessee, at 2am, at 70mph, in 1992....it woke me right up. Shhhhh....I kept the remains...figured I had it comming, the skull is very cool.

Ldub
11/05/2007, 06:52 PM
LOL...This thread is gonna turn into the Chopper & Ldub hate owls thread, but oh well...

This guy was caught killing Grandpa's chickens, he sat on a stand in my Grandfathers living room when I was a kid & scared hell outta me. My Aunt had him in a box in her closet for years & he's much worse for wear.
But at nearly 90 years old he still looks good enough to keep watch over my humble abode.