PDA

View Full Version : Most highly sought after VX collectible?

biju
11/01/2007, 07:17 AM
i'm curious...

besides the vx itself...

what's the most highly sought after vx related collectible :confused:
what's the rarest vx related collectible :confused:
what's the most expensive vx related collectible :confused:

(or is it all one in the same? heh.)

got something that you think's worthy? post pictures!!!

-biju

blacksambo
11/01/2007, 07:48 AM
Got to be the limited edition Jesse Alexander signed platinum print that went to the first 300 hundred owners. Don't you agree?

nfpgasmask
11/01/2007, 08:29 AM
Stock roof rack?

:) Bart

fuzzy
11/01/2007, 09:04 AM
I have a remote-controlled cammo paint-scheme Army VX that I found on ebay.

biju
11/01/2007, 09:08 AM
I have a remote-controlled cammo paint-scheme Army VX that I found on ebay.

Pictures! would love to see it!

-biju.

Y33TREKker
11/01/2007, 11:10 AM
Well I don't know if I'd call them collectibles, but those stock roof rail covers are apparently pretty desirable. *cough*current eBay auction*cough*

nfpgasmask
11/01/2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I was going to bid on those and see if I could get one for the cracked one that I have, but.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bart

Well I don't know if I'd call them collectibles, but those stock roof rail covers are apparently pretty desirable. *cough*current eBay auction*cough*

Anita
11/01/2007, 12:08 PM
Yea, the signed Alexander photo.

ZEUS
11/01/2007, 12:36 PM
I am going to go with the prototype VX, VX2, and VX4.

biju
11/01/2007, 12:40 PM
Yea, the signed Alexander photo.
that's a few for the Alexander signed/numbered photo. this excites me.

i'd like to find two or three other highly sought after collectors items, and start a poll to see what us VX fanatics find the most valuable collectors piece.

There's marketing materials, promos, photos, toys, etc., etc. Would love to see what some of the top items are.

roof rack? Um. I guess so. It's more of an accessory. not a collectible. although, it's a collectible accessory i suppose... heh. yeah, maybe that would fly...

-biju.

nfpgasmask
11/01/2007, 12:52 PM
roof rack? Um. I guess so. It's more of an accessory. not a collectible. although, it's a collectible accessory i suppose... heh. yeah, maybe that would fly...

-biju.

Yeah, I know its not really a collectable, but its freakin desireable! ;)

Bart

etlsport
11/01/2007, 01:06 PM
how about the original window stickers? mine is long gone... at least ive never seen it

biju
11/01/2007, 01:10 PM
how about the original window stickers? mine is long gone... at least ive never seen it
HOLY COW! That's a great one!!!!

-biju.

nfpgasmask
11/01/2007, 02:53 PM
You mean the dealer price sheet thing? Or do you mean the Japanese "OK" green sticker? My OK sticker got removed when they did my tinting....

I've only seen one other car with the Japanese "OK" sticker, and that was my wife's first car, a 1984 Nissan 300ZX.

Bart

HOLY COW! That's a great one!!!!

-biju.

etlsport
11/01/2007, 03:00 PM
i was talking about the dealer price sticker that lists vehicle specs and pricing and such... what is that OK sticker anyway? i took mine off when i tinted as well

deermagnet
11/01/2007, 03:13 PM
I've had my original window sticker online for about five years.

http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/stick.html (http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/stick.html)

I got a bunch of other original VX documents. Not sure if they're collectable, but gotta be rarities by now. How many have the pre-delivery alignment specs of there own VX?
http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/mag/imag/align.jpg

This paper is gonna be priceless in the years to come. :winky:
http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/mag/imag/litealign.jpg

Mark

nfpgasmask
11/01/2007, 03:14 PM
I still have my dealer sticker!! It was in the glove box when I bought my VX.

As far as I know, the "OK" sticker is something that is only on cars that were actually assembled and QCed in Japan. I think the "OK" sticker is like the Japanese QC seal of approval. But this is just a guess. I do not know exactly.

Bart

i was talking about the dealer price sticker that lists vehicle specs and pricing and such... what is that OK sticker anyway? i took mine off when i tinted as well

Dumke
11/01/2007, 03:16 PM

Mine was in my glovebox as well. I will try and get a picture of it when I get home at midnight. For beej that is since he wants pictures

1CROSS
11/01/2007, 03:42 PM
What about the snow board/ski attachment and bike attachment for that roof rack?

1CROSS
11/01/2007, 04:03 PM
I guess the roof rack covers are more hunted.$202.00 for a set on ebay?Holy S***.

Triathlete
11/01/2007, 04:41 PM
How many of you have an Isuzu Go Further Ironman t-shirt? Mine is well worn but I got it in my goodie bag at the 1999 Ironman California back when Zu was the title sponsor and the VX was the pace car. That was the first time I saw a VX and got to sit in one...they had them everywhere at the the expo for my viewing pleasure!

Ldub
11/01/2007, 04:51 PM
I've seen a cardboard backed dealeraship display of the VX about 3-4 ft. tall & 4-5 ft. wide that I tried to talk the salesman out of...no luck,:( but I found that to be VERY high on my wish list.

Mark B
11/01/2007, 06:03 PM
Bought my VX from the original owner who had all the original stickers and brochures.
Sticker price $ 31,045
City MPG 15
Highway MPG 19
Estimated annual fuel cost in 2000 in sticker $ 1,125.00
Final assembly point - Fujusawa, Japan
Unfortunately, no signed poster.

johnnyapollo
11/01/2007, 06:50 PM
I have all the original paper on mine - it was a dealer demo (head of parts was driving it) and they kept all the inspection bits - I've got them posted here:

http://www.wildtoys.com/Vehicross/MyVX.asp

Possibly one of the rarest bits is the promo kit that went out with a pair of running shoes from Rebook identifying Isuzu's sponsorship of the Ironman competition (don't have one but have seen images).

I do have two Hawaiin VehiCROSS embroidered shirts that were given out to the press when they were invited there to drive the VX just prior to release in the US. There's an article about the experience written for the March 1999 Motor Trend:

http://www.wildtoys.com/vehicross/Publications_MotorTrend3-99.asp

Besides those I've got a handful of other items that are pretty rare including the 1993 30th Annual Tokyo Motor Show booklet that was given out by Isuzu - it has images of the VX prototype which debuted there.

-- John

geshaw30
11/01/2007, 07:12 PM
Dunno if this counts but I have eleven different model versions of astrals.
From remotes to a Transformer to Hot Wheels and others in between

tomdietrying
11/01/2007, 07:15 PM
O.K. I've been looking for a VehiCROSS key chain for 5 years . They used to sell them at the dealership.
Peace.
Tom

johnnyapollo
11/01/2007, 07:51 PM
I've been looking for that same key fob - only one has every appeared on eBay and it went for a lot (from what I remember) - I wish I had picked one up at the dealer.

-- John

blacksambo
11/01/2007, 09:15 PM
You mean the dealer price sheet thing? Or do you mean the Japanese "OK" green sticker? My OK sticker got removed when they did my tinting....

I've only seen one other car with the Japanese "OK" sticker, and that was my wife's first car, a 1984 Nissan 300ZX.

Bart

My wife's newer black one still has green the okay sticker and came with the Alexander print.

blacksambo
11/01/2007, 09:19 PM
I've had my original window sticker online for about five years.

http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/stick.html (http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/stick.html)

I got a bunch of other original VX documents. Not sure if they're collectable, but gotta be rarities by now. How many have the pre-delivery alignment specs of there own VX?
http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/mag/imag/align.jpg

This paper is gonna be priceless in the years to come. :winky:
http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/mag/imag/litealign.jpg

Mark

We have this item for my wife's newer black one.

JoFotoz
11/01/2007, 09:42 PM
...thats the old subjective /objective argument!

Whats your 'most wanted' aint always gonna be my 'most wanted'

I have ""MY"" most wanted.

1999 Ebony...PERFECT condition....14769 original miles.

Lifted,loved,tweaked and personalized........

......but all original equipment in a box.( well OK...several boxes!)

jo

blacksambo
11/02/2007, 05:19 AM
That's very impressive total mileage. We thought we were lucky to recently find an '99 ebony with 35K. Got to wonder if anybody just bought one and put it away as a furure collectible?

Mark B
11/02/2007, 06:26 AM
How about the Pearl White Metalic VX?
Anyone know where it is?

biju
11/02/2007, 06:33 AM
last i heard it was in colorado, right?

so - besides the vx itself - it sounds like we have a few options to choose from. i'll wait a few more days and compile a list for a poll...

cool. !

-biju.

JHarris1385
11/02/2007, 07:42 AM
Who bought those ebay roof rails or better yet who lost to the FINAL BID?

Y33TREKker
11/02/2007, 09:05 AM
Who bought those ebay roof rails or better yet who lost to the FINAL BID?

I don't know, but after seeing that, I should probably be getting mine authenticated, then moving them to the vault next to the Picasso.

etlsport
11/02/2007, 09:19 AM
haha darn us VXers being so easy to pit against one another... how much did that thing go for anyway?

to keep with the topic.. i think spike mentioned that he has hot wheels that are painted with all the ironman graphics to match that vx that was in shows with the graphics all over

fuzzy
11/02/2007, 11:13 AM
$459.44
absolutely INSANE

cyronman
11/02/2007, 11:18 AM
$459.44
absolutely INSANE

I don't know, but after seeing that, I should probably be getting mine authenticated, then moving them to the vault next to the Picasso.

I think I need to put MINE on Ebay!!! :eek:

ZEUS
11/02/2007, 11:26 AM
$459.44
absolutely INSANE
:eek: THOSE CAPS WENT FOR 460 DOLLARS!!!??? Good God, people!

biju
11/02/2007, 11:31 AM
OMG!

I've got two sets laying around!!!! holy sh*t!!!!

Who bought em'? I know you're here!...

-biju.

JHarris1385
11/02/2007, 11:47 AM
OMG!

I've got two sets laying around!!!! holy sh*t!!!!

Who bought em'? I know you're here!...

-biju.

Navistar was the name on ebay, isnt there a name on here like that?
I would put one of your sets on there you know the person who got out bid at the end would pay at least $450 for them.

etlsport
11/02/2007, 12:53 PM
$459.44
absolutely INSANE

AHH!!!!!!!!! :_brickwal

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/covers_002.jpg

thats okay.. my roof rack looks 10 times better with them cut to fit

CrnCnn
11/02/2007, 01:12 PM
Wow....

I feel great for what I got my set for from Bimati

Triathlete
11/02/2007, 01:33 PM
Wonder if the winner realized he was bidding on ONLY the caps and not the whole rack. If Iwas the winner, paid that much and was on this site I wouldn't tell anyone!

circmand
11/02/2007, 01:42 PM
That has to be a phony bid. For Gods sake who would pay that much it is cheaper to buy the roof rack and sell your caps.

navistar
11/02/2007, 01:48 PM
OK...I did it! I'm navistar and I was the high bidder on the roof rail covers and yes, I paid $459.44 for them plus $5.00 shipping too. And yes, I went a little nuts. Well maybe a lot nuts. I've been looking for those darn things for a long time. AND NOW I HAVE THEM!!! I'm going to modify them and install them to cover up the roof rack tower clamps with the exposed screws and it will look beautiful at last. Mmmmmm...sweet! The outbid guy was willing to pay $454.44 for them so I only outbid him by $5.00.

biju
11/02/2007, 02:50 PM
<hijack>

i guess i should be understanding. alas, i'm a little shocked. you sure the person bidding against you wasn't just the auction owner - as to jack up the price?

</hijack>

Apollo: doesn't look like you have a pic of the reebok shoes, although i'd be very interested in seeing one someday.

Dub: you get a shot of that dealer cardboard cut-out?

-biju.

nfpgasmask
11/02/2007, 03:36 PM
Navistar, that's pretty nutty, but I can't say I haven't paid through the nose for something I really wanted on eBay before (I'm glad I have retired from gas mask collecting). Anyway, be careful when you mod them. And since money is no object, buy yourself a Dremel if you don't already have one.

Here is a link to how I did it:

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/mods/roofrack.htm

You can quite easily make a mess of your rail covers if you are not careful. My instructions take you as far as the first "test fit". What I found after I cut them is that the back side of the rail covers were under significant pressure. In the end I notched out another little section on the back. Also, the nice matching gray color is only skin deep. As soon as you cut into them you will expose the light biege color, which you can paint like I did. Anyway, good luck and let me know if you have trouble. Make sure to use a Dremel, I don't know how else you could do it.

:) Bart

navistar
11/02/2007, 03:36 PM
I saw them..I went for them...I got them. I've lost out before when I waited.

navistar
11/02/2007, 03:39 PM
I'll follow the instructions to the letter. These things were too expensive to screw up!

nfpgasmask
11/02/2007, 03:48 PM
Yeah, well, my instructions are "basically" exactly what I did. I should go back and add onto the page about how after my first cut, the opening was way to tight, so I had to take a little more off. If you look at the last photo on the page, you will see that I ended up with about a quarter centimeter on each side and the bottom. This is needed because the black metal piece that holds everything together is raised. So you need to leave room for it. I know someone else on here (can't remember who) just cut holes in the top for the towers and must have forced the covers over the black metal piece, which as far as I can tell, would have created a helluva bulge and a lot of pressure. So, I opted to cut a slot for the metal piece. Cutting this big of a hole in the rail covers will make them a little weaker, so be careful not to muscle them to much. PM me if you want and I will send you a photo of the back side so you know what I am talking about there.

Biju, so sorry for the jack. :o

Bart

PS - 100% wear goggles! Splattering bits of fiberglass in the eyes is no bueno.

I'll follow the instructions to the letter. These things were too expensive to screw up!

navistar
11/02/2007, 03:50 PM
I do have the whole shootin match. Just needed the covers to finish the roof project.

Ldub
11/02/2007, 04:27 PM
<hijack>
Dub: you get a shot of that dealer cardboard cut-out?-biju.

Sorry Beej, but no. The only time I saw it was in the spring of 2004 shortly after I bought Suzy, before true obsession set in...probably before I found VX info.
Had I known then what I know now...:rolleyes:

Jolly Roger VX'er
11/03/2007, 07:30 AM
This is just wonderful...now when I'm dining out....the gal that I'm with is gonna wanna know why I keep looking out the window of the restaurant all the time...palms sweaty...not focused on HER....ready to spring into action at a moments notice....

all over those highly desireable roof rack covers...alas...at least with the light bar mounted that means 2 of them are safely hidden at my residence....you'll never find them...I'll never talk....ha ha.:p

P.S.---I got the original papers on headlight alignment, wheel alignment, and the window sticker for the Ironman edition....you'll have to pry them from my cold...dead...hands!