PDA

View Full Version : GPS Thefts

geshaw30
10/30/2007, 02:46 PM
I made a post on another thread on GPS thefts and after investigating another one on the streets last night so I figured I'd bring it up again. For those of you that have GPS mounts to your windshield I strongly advise you to consider switching out from that suction cup mount to the bean bag style that lays on your dash. Your local "turds from the hood" are smashing out windows in record numbers-even if they can't see your GPS because you hid it somewhere. What they see that causes them to burglarize your ride is the ring on windshield left behind when you removed the suction cup. Needless to say the beanbag leave no indicators that you have a unit hidden somewhere inside. Save yourself some later headache by making the switch now. IMHO

tom4bren
10/31/2007, 07:16 AM
Geshaw,

Thanks for the warning (again). I had a window smashed (years ago) & all they stole was a butane lighter worth about a dollar. It cost about $75 to fix the window. They need little or no excuse to break in so ...

etlsport
10/31/2007, 07:43 AM
yea first thing i was taught when i moved to the city was not to leave ANYTHING visible in your car.. i got my windows tinted and keep black blankets in the car so that i can cover anything that needs to stay in nthere... so when you look through the windows you just see darkness