PDA

View Full Version : Magnet Bra

tomdietrying
10/29/2007, 11:36 AM
I was wondering if anyone who purchaced the magnet bra was having the same problem as me. I put the bra on as directed and noticed 50 - 75 bubbles underneath. I've tried smoothing them out,taking the bra off and reapplying it. Nothing seems to work. Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Peace.
Tom

djkymar
10/29/2007, 06:43 PM
Did you washed, dryed your hood and put some wax on it before you applyed it? You need to wax it real good before you apply magnet bra.

JGeorge264
10/29/2007, 07:49 PM
Use a blow dryer to heat up the bra while you are installing it. It will help to soften it up and get the air bubbles out.

etlsport
10/29/2007, 07:59 PM
hm i never had that problem.. ive installed 3 different ones.. not sure what the difference would be but heres how i installed mine

thorough wash with a netted sponge

waxed using dupont teflon car wax

let car sit in the sun for about 30 minutes

warmed bra in oven for a minute

had a friend help install... holding outside edges laid the front most two parts on the side of the grille and worked my way back.. once that was on, my friend held his hand in the area the edge piece was being pushed on to prevent the bra from bunching under the force of the edge piece

Kenny
10/29/2007, 08:30 PM
I was wondering if anyone who purchaced the magnet bra was having the same problem as me. I put the bra on as directed and noticed 50 - 75 bubbles underneath. I've tried smoothing them out,taking the bra off and reapplying it. Nothing seems to work. Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Peace.
Tom

I noticed the same, looked like it got a case of pox.
I was going to try the hair dryer, but with new paint job I'll likely not use it too much anymore (going to 3M clear bra).

tom4bren
10/30/2007, 04:28 AM
I had the same problem & was never able to get rid of all the bubbles. Worse, after the bubbles 'age in' they seem to be permanent.