PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Rear Door to Alarm

kpaske
06/06/2003, 11:44 AM
I have a Viper alarm system installed on my VX, but the rear door isn't wired to the alarm. When I install my rear door popper I'd like to wire the rear door just like the side doors (i.e. the alarm won't passively arm if any door is still open). Can anyone give me some advice on how to do this?

Moncha
06/06/2003, 02:21 PM
When you run the wire up to the passenger side door sill, as per instructions, It'll tie in to the alarm just fine.

kpaske
06/06/2003, 09:17 PM
Please excuse my ignorance; my alarm system was professionally installed, so I don't know very much about it. What you are saying is that all I need to do is run a wire from the rear door and tie it into the pin switch in the passenger door? Is there already a pin in the rear door, or will i need to install this also?

Moncha
06/07/2003, 09:42 PM
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I know what you are saying as I have a Viper 350 myself. You don't wire the rear door to the alarm itself. The popper kit, if you got it from Tone, has the solenoid, popper, and a pin switch. the wire from the pin switch goes to a wire located in the passenger door sill area that is connected to the ground wire connected to the side door pin switch and is very easy to do.
Here's his instructions (http://www.tonemonday.com/Storage/Rear_Door_Release.pdf) in .pdf form.