PDA

View Full Version : Wheel bearings/no answers yet

driver3
06/06/2003, 10:01 AM
I though I'd post this here just in case there really aren't that many people back on the other board, here's my post, my questions are on the bottom... Thanks in advance....

http://club.vmag.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/001850.html

deermagnet
06/06/2003, 05:09 PM
I had my front bearings repacked by the dealer. They used two front oil seals #8-94407-711-0 @ $8.78 each, and six screws #8-97810-107-0 @ $1.03 each. That's the only parts they used. I don't know what the screws were for and if you definitely need them.

It cost me $23.74 for parts, and $168 for labor.

Mark

Swordy
06/06/2003, 09:02 PM
168 for labor? ... yeah I'd say you got packed alright.;eekb;

oh, and yes you usually need the screws.

driver3
06/08/2003, 09:38 AM
Thanks guys... I finished it friday night, late... that's what you get for starting the job at 7. Actually to do it again would be a piece of cake, The first side was all a learning experience. I took off the brake pads then the caliper, which you only need to take off the whole caliper, didn't read the directions that well I guess. As for the screws, I used an impact driver and was able to save all 6. This is definitely a messy job, but it's nice to know I can do it now, and it cost me about the same as you, but I had to buy most of the tools, so next time it will be cheap. I used 2 of the seals I bought, the other two were for something else, I'll return those. The seals were a pain in butt to get in there, I don't really get the seal packer, I probably could have used a piece of wood or something to smack in the bearing, I rented that from autozone, and I probably won't get one for next time. The bearing pre-load was kind of a pain, but I think I got them set up just like they were when I took them out. I did notice that a little water had made it into the drivers side hub, not a lot, but the grease was discolored compared to the passenger side. All good now, I don't hear anything wrong, didn't before either but it needed to be done. Thanks again....

Cptnmorgan
06/08/2003, 12:37 PM
I can't get the directions thread to work, any suggestions?

driver3
06/09/2003, 05:17 AM
Try this link:

http://www.planetisuzoo.com/articles.htm/56