PDA

View Full Version : VX Car Covers ??????

JoFotoz
10/17/2007, 09:59 AM
Have any of you purchased a VX cover..??

What brand?
Is it Soft inside!!
Is it water proof??

Any and all input welcome...(I'm considering the one offered on E-bay
in the VX section )

Thanks

jo

Ldub
10/17/2007, 12:39 PM
Might try pm'n Biju, I know he's owned one in the past.

Y33TREKker
10/17/2007, 04:26 PM
I've been using one of the custom-fit Evolution (3 or 4 layer) covers for a couple of years now. During that time, the VX was parked outside. The Evolution was good for keeping tree sap, bird droppings, and UV rays off the paint, but it wasn't water-proof so washing the VX after it rained seemed like a good idea because dust that had landed on the cover over time would be washed through the material and end up on the paint. Even though the cover was custom fit, it would still move around a little when the wind blew, so leaving dust on the paint (between paint and cover) didn't seem like a wise idea.

The evolution seemed to deteriorate quite a bit over time too. The material just seemed to pull apart, making it thin in spots and more susceptible to tearing.

I think it depends on whether your VX is always outside or not. If it is, something like the Weathershield model might be a better way to go.

JoFotoz
11/13/2007, 01:25 PM
I ended up getting the one from the E-bay VX section

http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ISUZU-VEHICROSS-1999-2000-2001-SUV-CAR-COVER_W0QQitemZ190173526099QQihZ009QQcategoryZ5045 6QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ISUZU-VEHICROSS-1999-2000-2001-SUV-CAR-COVER_W0QQitemZ190173526099QQihZ009QQcategoryZ5045 6QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

VERY good for the price...about $75 delivered.
Its not "custom fitted"..but fits well enough.
Soft inside, durable,water resitant ( maybe even waterproof..dont know yet!)
The carry bag it comes with is useless though...you'll never re-pack the cover to fit it!

jo

Y33TREKker
11/13/2007, 02:26 PM
The carry bag it comes with is useless though...you'll never re-pack the cover to fit it!jo

That's a fact. Mine made a nice golf-shoe bag though. :)

I've been considering those on eBay too. I'll be interested to hear a real world review of how well they work.

Gussie2000
05/31/2008, 10:56 PM
I believe covercraft can customized one for you.I just got a hood protector with bug shield in black vinil,it looks very good though.

VehiGAZ
06/20/2008, 11:10 AM
JoFo... is this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200232928419&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:MOTORS:1123)the one you bought for your VX? (The link you posted above is for an old listing and doesn't come up anymore)

I need a cover for the VX, which now spends a lot of time parked on the cul-de-sac. I just need something to keep the leaves and twigs out of the nooks and crannies (and the bird poop off) between outings.

Navigator
06/20/2008, 11:20 AM
I used it once or twice then stashed it away. Who want's it? It's tripple ply all weather type with a bag and cable lock. Yours for $75 + shipping from 21212.

It's the Cover Craft custom FITTED 3ply all weather VehiCROSS cover.

JoFotoz
06/20/2008, 12:54 PM
Yup...it is.

JoFo... is this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200232928419&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:MOTORS:1123)the one you bought for your VX?

Its not "fitted'...but it fits real well.
Soft inside...and seems pretty waterproof.....very happy with it.

If the one navigator has is actually "fitted"...it sounds like a good deal.

jo

VehiGAZ
06/22/2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks Jo!

Sorry Nav - you are asking for more $ for your used one than for the new one on eBay.

vt_maverick
06/23/2008, 12:40 PM
Do any of these "custom" covers fit around the mirrors, or are they "semi-custom" (i.e., the length, height, and width are accurate, but the cover hangs over the mirrors)?

I'm always suspicious of the "custom" claims...

JoFotoz
06/23/2008, 01:18 PM
Do any of these "custom" covers fit around the mirrors, or are they "semi-custom" (i.e., the length, height, and width are accurate, but the cover hangs over the mirrors)?

As I mentioned in my post..its not "fitted"...but fits well.

Basic dimensions are good... no "custom" fit of mirrors etc.
In fact I dont believe they mention "custom' in the blurb for the one I purchased.

jo

Y33TREKker
08/22/2008, 09:47 AM

The cover I had that I mentioned earlier in this thread did have custom fit mirror pockets. They were useful for getting the cover lined up correctly when putting it on, and probably helped to keep it from shifting around over time. It didn't have a custom antenna pocket though, so that had to be taken off/put back on every time the cover was used.

alleycat
08/22/2008, 06:44 PM
Have any of you purchased a VX cover..??

What brand?
Is it Soft inside!!
Is it water proof??

Any and all input welcome...(I'm considering the one offered on E-bay
in the VX section )

Thanks

jo

Covercraft makes a nice one $300, but stay away from color black because it fades badly.
ed

alleycat
08/22/2008, 06:46 PM
I used it once or twice then stashed it away. Who want's it? It's tripple ply all weather type with a bag and cable lock. Yours for $75 + shipping from 21212.

It's the Cover Craft custom FITTED 3ply all weather VehiCROSS cover.

Is this the cover by covercraft that comes in colors?
ed